LFA Model (2012)

Lady driving her LFA like it was meant to be: Using launch control and acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-12, 08:29 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by lunaC42
Dumb *** cop didn't know what it was. Gotta give him credit, he seemed nice and was joking wih us. Just hosed me with the full speed on the ticket. Oh well, guess lwyers are good foe something...
Welcome.

From the sounds of it, you are the owner of the Lexus LFA. Correct???

Hope you get the ticket reduced. You should definitely take it to court and you will have all of the demerits removed with the help of a good lawyer or those ticket fighting agencies with ex-cops fighting tickets (works out a bit cheaper).

Again, welcome to this site. How about you create a new thread and write a full detailed review for all of the members on your LFA and share your personal experiences?? I am sure lots of members would be very interested to hear first hand.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-06-12 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-06-12, 09:58 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Welcome.

From the sounds of it, you are the owner of the Lexus LFA. Correct???

Hope you get the ticket reduced. You should definitely take it to court and you will have all of the demerits removed with the help of a good lawyer or those ticket fighting agencies with ex-cops fighting tickets (works out a bit cheaper).

Again, welcome to this site. How about you create a new thread and write a full detailed review for all of the members on your LFA and share your personal experiences?? I am sure lots of members would be very interested to hear first hand.
^ ditto. what he said,,,, and i just have to know or maybe we all do....... what does it feel like when you hit that launch button and take off like the space shuttle. i'm just saying i have to know. don't think i'll ever own an LFA,,,,, unless i can borrow yours.
Old 06-06-12, 10:15 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Props Very nice.
Old 06-07-12, 05:30 AM
lunaC42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LFA launch control

Hello again -

Yes, I'm the "outlaw" on the hidden vid and proud owner of the LFA, as well as a 2010 IS F and a 2007 SC430. Bit of a Lexus fanatic, I'm afraid.

That day was the first time I've used launch control, and it was absolutely amazing. The G-force throws you back in your seat, and after what seems like a slow take-off the subsequent acceleration is fantastic. I have never used launch control in a GTR so I can't compare the two, but it really got my heart (and that of the photographer in the passenger seat) racing.

Couple other firsts from that day of filming: intentionally redlining to see what would happen (the car automatically shifts up to save its self, and the air conditioning blows hot air for a few minutes); getting up to 151 mph (my fastest speed yet); and of course, baby's first ticket (lawyer thinks we'll be OK). Also with launch control, redline occurs multiple times in rapid sequence, and of course automatic upshifts...

The whole experience with the LFA has been fantastic. Everywhere I go I am an "instant rock star". I'm really just a "nobody", so its been a real joy ride from Day 1. As has been said by many reviewers, this is not "just a Supercar", it is ultimately still a Lexus. Exquisite attention to detail, perfect craftmanship in every way, and it will never have a problem. It really is worth every freakin' penny.

Although I don't shoot vids myself I have a channel on YouTube (lunC42) with links to multiple videos featuring my car (look under playlist "LFA#209"). Unfortunately the one mentioned in this thread is still hidden..

Thanks everyone for your interest. Will keep following this forum and feel free to ask other questions.
Old 06-07-12, 05:42 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

LunaC42

Welcome and thank you for sharing

You have doubled the number of current LFA owners on the site (one person is slated for a delivery late in the production run)

Also thanks for offering to field some questions

Have you heard do any LFAs requiring any real repairs?

You appear to be one of the few folks who runs the car a lot. How many miles do you have on it, what kind of driving do you usually do and have you taken any long road trips?

Did you participate in any of the Lexus event (ex. track demo with Scott Pruett, Driver development at Infineon)?
Old 06-07-12, 05:43 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

And is that a new rabbit's foot or from another car?

Last edited by S2000toIS350; 06-07-12 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-07-12, 06:57 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dumb *** cop didn't know what it was. Gotta give him credit, he seemed nice and was joking wih us. Just hosed me with the full speed on the ticket. Oh well, guess lwyers are good foe something...

Hot car, congrats and welcome...

Still don't see why the cop is a dumb *** for doing his job of busting people who if obviously can afford an LFA, don't go rent out a track to test the features of their car but use a public roadway instead and then videotape it and post it online.

Last edited by oohpapi44; 06-07-12 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-07-12, 07:33 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Thanks for the detailed review. With launch control the shifts will automatically happen at 9500 rpm or so.

The prototypes have seen close to 40,000 miles apiece on the track and nothing ever has broken down, according to Lexus. I think the brakes and tires are the only normal wear and tear items.

I guess many people might be curious about your daily driving experience with the LFA so maybe it might be good if you shed some light on that. How do you find LFA as a daily driver? Are you planning on doing track days with your LFA??

Do you get any wrong type of attention like guys revving or challenging on the road??

Hello again -

Yes, I'm the "outlaw" on the hidden vid and proud owner of the LFA, as well as a 2010 IS F and a 2007 SC430. Bit of a Lexus fanatic, I'm afraid.

That day was the first time I've used launch control, and it was absolutely amazing. The G-force throws you back in your seat, and after what seems like a slow take-off the subsequent acceleration is fantastic. I have never used launch control in a GTR so I can't compare the two, but it really got my heart (and that of the photographer in the passenger seat) racing.

Couple other firsts from that day of filming: intentionally redlining to see what would happen (the car automatically shifts up to save its self, and the air conditioning blows hot air for a few minutes); getting up to 151 mph (my fastest speed yet); and of course, baby's first ticket (lawyer thinks we'll be OK). Also with launch control, redline occurs multiple times in rapid sequence, and of course automatic upshifts...

The whole experience with the LFA has been fantastic. Everywhere I go I am an "instant rock star". I'm really just a "nobody", so its been a real joy ride from Day 1. As has been said by many reviewers, this is not "just a Supercar", it is ultimately still a Lexus. Exquisite attention to detail, perfect craftmanship in every way, and it will never have a problem. It really is worth every freakin' penny.

Although I don't shoot vids myself I have a channel on YouTube (lunC42) with links to multiple videos featuring my car (look under playlist "LFA#209"). Unfortunately the one mentioned in this thread is still hidden..

Thanks everyone for your interest. Will keep following this forum and feel free to ask other questions.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-07-12 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-07-12, 08:20 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum luna.

I am glad that we now have a real LFA owner doing fun things with the beast, and actually providing feedback.

I saw only part of the launch control run ( did not get to the cop part). It gave me goose bumps hearing the screaming V10.

Best of lucks with the ticket, and congrats on the very expensive toy.
Hello again -

Old 06-07-12, 10:08 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful car! Too bad I missed the vid
Old 06-07-12, 10:35 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Hot car, congrats and welcome...

Still don't see why the cop is a dumb *** for doing his job of busting people who if obviously can afford an LFA, don't go rent out a track to test the features of their car but use a public roadway instead and then videotape it and post it online.
This is a horrible assumption/comparison...

Didnt see it (since made private), but apparently it was a deserted area and straight line. It's not like she was busted in 5 o' clock traffic weaving through traffic. My brother is a LEO, and he would take your side, but sometimes LEO's should learn to let people be (all be it rare occasions), opposed to puffing out their chest and showing they have power. You wouldnt wait to go over the speed limit if you just bought an LFA until you "rent(ed) out a track"...

I'm with the others welcoming an actual owner and hope you stay active around here!! I've sat in one and had it started and rev'ed while i sat right behind it, pretty damn impressive, and that's as close to i'll be to driving one anytime soon!
Old 06-07-12, 10:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

welcome to clublexus, great to have another lfa owner on the board!
Old 06-07-12, 11:35 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
This is a horrible assumption/comparison...

Didnt see it (since made private), but apparently it was a deserted area and straight line. It's not like she was busted in 5 o' clock traffic weaving through traffic. My brother is a LEO, and he would take your side, but sometimes LEO's should learn to let people be (all be it rare occasions), opposed to puffing out their chest and showing they have power. You wouldnt wait to go over the speed limit if you just bought an LFA until you "rent(ed) out a track"...
Sounds good in theory. BUT that scenario would only apply when people take responsibility for their own actions. Right now, the only '***' in this story is the LEO and he was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing on that day or any day, catching speeders.

Not once did ever say don't speed. Freedom of choice. But it's not some mystery as to what happens when the people out there to catch you do their job (ticket, etc), nor does it makes them an ***.

We watch the news daily and ask ourselves how people can be so asinine as to film themselves doing something illegal. Rules don't change because of the price of our toys. Instead of a video camera, would've made more sense to have two way radios and friends a half mile in either direction.
Old 06-07-12, 02:47 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello again -

why would you call urself a nobody? you are definitely a somebody, and not because you own an LFA, ISF and a SC430. you definitely have character and a great personality and i've never met you in person but judging from your post i can tell that you enjoy life and grab it by the horns. and you take chances that most people only dream of. " YEAH YOU'RE DEFINITELY A SOMEBODY ". hope to see more posts from you about the car and urself. so you do you and throw some tire smoke in someones face today.
Old 06-07-12, 06:20 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome and lovely LFA. Patiently waiting the video to be view able again.

Quick Reply: Lady driving her LFA like it was meant to be: Using launch control and acceleration