LFA Model (2012)

LFA, MP4, Aventador, Veyron Drag race

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-12, 09:59 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
This is the wrong forum to have your own opinion. You will be 'corrected' until you conform to the notion that every fallacy of the LFA has to be explained away via expert analysis....
Yeah sure. "LFA's V10 got smoked by a V8".

If you don't see an issue and inaccuracy factually and objectively in that statement, I don't know what to say. It is no different than saying "Hey my little 4 banger Evo smoked your 7.0 Liter V8 Corvette". See a problem with that?

p.s. Would you be surprised if I showed a forum that is not related to Toyota/Lexus and people over their more passionately defend the LFA than anyone on this forum?? I can bet you would think there are 20 - 30 Lexus trolls that invaded that forum to "stop other people from having their opinions".

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-18-12 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-18-12, 11:26 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No reason to even respond to drag racing enthusiasts. 0-60 and quarter mile times are all they care for. The GTR the Veyron the MP4 will all be slower around a track with equal tires. The LFA isn't made for drag racing or green light red light runs.As soon as people understand that, they can get on with their lives about the LFA being 'slower' in acceleration.
Old 05-18-12, 11:28 AM
BLUESLATE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's like saying... my twin turbo supra beat your v12 ferrari. lol
Old 05-18-12, 12:16 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah sure. "LFA's V10 got smoked by a V8".

If you don't see an issue and inaccuracy factually and objectively in that statement, I don't know what to say. It is no different than saying "Hey my little 4 banger Evo smoked your 7.0 Liter V8 Corvette". See a problem with that?

p.s. Would you be surprised if I showed a forum that is not related to Toyota/Lexus and people over their more passionately defend the LFA than anyone on this forum?? I can bet you would think there are 20 - 30 Lexus trolls that invaded that forum to "stop other people from having their opinions".
At the end of the day, what does it matter? It's one person's opinion or viewpoint. You take it upon yourself to 'correct' everyone who visits this forum and it's annoying. Then people come in here and wonder why there is so little traffic. It's just not enjoyable.

You feel you need to justify your ungodly hours of research on the LFA to where you challenge every opinion, fact, test or review of the LFA. Yes there will be trolls who come here from time to time to relish in the LFA inferiority to another vehicle. So what? I've seen you fly off the handle because some still question the price or because there is a race that is not set up to be in the best interest of the LFA. Just relax and take a step back from the stranglehold that you have on the forum and let others form their own opinion sometime, whether it be right or wrong. You have knowledge on the LFA and if there was something I would really want to know and Gengar (as an Owner) isn't available to answer, then outside of Ryan, I would think you'd know.

And I'm not sure if the comment above about drag racing enthusiasts was directed to me or not but I'll say that it is probably correct information but that was not what was in this thread, it was a drag race that the LFA was not qualified to run in. 0-60 and 1/4 miles are all that is relevant to this particular thread. But because that is not where the LFA shines does not make it irrelevant overall.

Once again, another thread ends up being about the CL "experts" versus the car. Just enjoy the fact the Lexus is in the conversation in this drag race when they haven't been before. If they care enough about the results, then maybe they will build something to get out of last place.
Old 05-18-12, 12:19 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by two2tone
Not like Lexus didnt have a choice in using FI , their fault
lol. Drag racers will never understand what throttle response means.
Old 05-18-12, 12:29 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you said "LFA V10 got beaten by a V8". That is simply not true since that 3.8L V8 engine without the twin turbos does not even make 250 HP at that compression level. Now the accurate statement in full context would be "LFA V10 got beaten by a twin turbo charged V8 engine" and no one would have corrected you on anything.
Fine, LFA got smoked by v8 twin turbo, there U happy now?
Old 05-18-12, 12:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, the bottom line is, factually what he had said was completely incorrect and quite literally nonsense. I ignored your posts in the past, but this time I am going to respond.

You are the last person entitled to judge my conduct. I myself have been called out by Rominl and JoeZ for accidently quoting the wrong facts and I did not go crying to my momma that Rominl and JoeZ criticized (look at the LFA accident thread to see that) since their critcism was valid and fair. I should have checked the facts more thoroughly before I wrote it. I just simply apologized and stood corrected and moved on.

Go back and read my response back again and there is nothing anywhere that was remotely derogatory and remotely offensive (bad language etc.) so it is your own personal problem that you perceive when I call out someone to back his claims up with facts and also support his arguments through a rational and objective explanation.

Newflash: that is what forums are all about and what discussions are all about. It is to make sure in the threads mockery and baseless arguments can be kept in check.

Again, if I posted that other forum I earlier talked about where completely non-Lexus/Toyota forum people are having far more heated debates on the LFA then it would clearly look like you don't understand what the internet forums are all about.

You have to remember it is very easy to poke criticism at things pick things apart, nitpick things and bash them and that is what most people do when they have a preconceived notion about. It is probably the favorite pass time of people to poke fun and bash things just to get a kick out of it.

I am never offensive nor ever make derogatory comments towards anyone and that is all moderators ever ask for. If I had any sort of issues of how you are describing things, the moderators long would have banned me.

Yet again, it is the easiest thing in the world to be tempted to bash something, nitpick things and pick faults of things out. It is not so easy to think before you write, make sure you have a proper rational and objective explanation to back up what you say while remembering the context.

At the end of the day, what does it matter? It's one person's opinion or viewpoint. You take it upon yourself to 'correct' everyone who visits this forum and it's annoying. Then people come in here and wonder why there is so little traffic. It's just not enjoyable.

You feel you need to justify your ungodly hours of research on the LFA to where you challenge every opinion, fact, test or review of the LFA. Yes there will be trolls who come here from time to time to relish in the LFA inferiority to another vehicle. So what? I've seen you fly off the handle because some still question the price or because there is a race that is not set up to be in the best interest of the LFA. Just relax and take a step back from the stranglehold that you have on the forum and let others form their own opinion sometime, whether it be right or wrong. You have knowledge on the LFA and if there was something I would really want to know and Gengar (as an Owner) isn't available to answer, then outside of Ryan, I would think you'd know.

And I'm not sure if the comment above about drag racing enthusiasts was directed to me or not but I'll say that it is probably correct information but that was not what was in this thread, it was a drag race that the LFA was not qualified to run in. 0-60 and 1/4 miles are all that is relevant to this particular thread. But because that is not where the LFA shines does not make it irrelevant overall.

Once again, another thread ends up being about the CL "experts" versus the car. Just enjoy the fact the Lexus is in the conversation in this drag race when they haven't been before. If they care enough about the results, then maybe they will build something to get out of last place.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-18-12 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-18-12, 12:42 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, the bottom line is, factually what he had said was completely incorrect.

You are the last person entitled to judge my conduct. I myself have been called out by Rominl and JoeZ for accidently quoting the wrong facts and I did not go crying to my momma that Rominl and JoeZ criticized. I just simply apologized and stood corrected and moved on.

Go back and read my response back again and there is nothing anywhere that was remotely derogatory and remotely offensive (bad language etc.) so it is your own personal problem that you perceive when I call out someone to back his claims up with facts and also support his arguments through a rational and objective explanation. Newflash, that is what forums are all about and what discussions are all about.

Again, if I posted that other forum I earlier talked about where completely non-Lexus/Toyota forum people are having far more heated debates on the LFA then it would clearly look like you don't understand what the internet forums are all about.

You have to remember it is very easy to poke criticism at things and nitpick things and bash them and that is what most people do when they have a preconceived notion about. It is very difficult as it really is the temptation of most people to just blurt out something without thinking what you are talking about and really finding the full context of what you are saying.

I am never offensive nor ever make derogatory comments towards anyone and that is all moderators ever ask for. If I had any sort of issues of how you are describing things, the moderators long would have banned me so go cry to someone else about how I respond to someone bashing a certain car. Capiche??

Yet again, it is the easiest thing in the world to be tempted to bash something, nitpick things and pick faults of things out. It is not so easy to think before you write and make sure you have a proper rational and objective explanation to back up what you say.
It was incomplete, not incorrect. I'm going to show you the difference in responding by saying that I respect your opinion and we will agree to disagree. Feel free to continue to troll chase or opinion correct as you desire. As I said, you have some knowledge, you might want to work on your approach.
Old 05-18-12, 01:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

It was incomplete, not incorrect. I'm going to show you the difference in responding by saying that I respect your opinion and we will agree to disagree. Feel free to continue to troll chase or opinion correct as you desire. As I said, you have some knowledge, you might want to work on your approach.
I mean, seriously. If you find anything wrong in my "approach" with this minimalistic response, you clearly have some issues

Correction: V8 + two big honking turbos feeding the engine

Huge difference.

Also, just to put things into perspective, this is how JoeZ responded to a mistake I made in my post:

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Read the whole thread and especially the MOST RECENT posts from "aryajet2"...

He mentions the repairs were not FULLY completed as he originally stated...

~ Joe Z

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-18-12 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-18-12, 01:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

anything anyone doesn't like, please take it to pm
Old 05-18-12, 03:19 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
predictable results sure, but the LFA sounds the best for sure! Not to mention the LFA is still rarer than any of these cars! Nice video!
Seriously? How many lamborghini and bugattis are there on the road.
Old 05-18-12, 03:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dinardalvi
Seriously? How many lamborghini and bugattis are there on the road.
He said "rarer", relatively speaking.
Old 05-18-12, 05:35 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He said "rarer", relatively speaking.
still got smoked tho regardless of what you say lol lolol loll
Old 05-18-12, 09:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts