Black LFA Nurburgring edition in Bahrain - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums


Black LFA Nurburgring edition in Bahrain

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-12, 08:07 AM   #16
07grIS350
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS View Post
I disagree. That spoiler makes a huge statement for the Nurburgring edition purposeful look that never lets the viewer forget that it is intended to be a track racing car. Without it, it would not look nearly as aggressive as it does now. Lexus did that spoiler very tastefully since there is a fine line between the "ricer" look versus a very purposeful looking spoiler that genuinely looks from a track racing car.
My comment was made from an owner perspective who'd see this big wing every day.
07grIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 08:23 AM   #17
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
oohpapi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SouthSide Qns
Posts: 5,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07grIS350 View Post
My comment was made from an owner perspective who'd see this big wing every day.

Translation: Stay out of grown folks convo However, I do love the look of the wing as well.

Q: Is the Nurburgring designed to be a daily driver?

I'm back to feeling the color Black. But just this one so far....

Agreed that this version of LFA in Gengars' Blue would be absolutely phenomenal. Please let there be a weathly person with enough taste and vision to make this happen and share.
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 09:42 AM   #18
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
Translation: Stay out of grown folks convo However, I do love the look of the wing as well.

Q: Is the Nurburgring designed to be a daily driver?

I'm back to feeling the color Black. But just this one so far....

Agreed that this version of LFA in Gengars' Blue would be absolutely phenomenal. Please let there be a weathly person with enough taste and vision to make this happen and share.
Yes, it is designed to be a daily driver. Although, many less hardcore cars come with competition racing compound super-slick tires, The NE LFA still wears Potenza RE70 dry/wet street tires that don't hydroplane in storm conditions and heavy rain.

Regarding the spoiler, all 24-hours Nurburgring racing cars wear similar functional spoilers for downforce and it is not for "show", but the bonus is that it looks great. It is a matter of subjective opinion whether one likes it or not.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-29-12 at 09:46 AM.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 10:28 AM   #19
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07grIS350 View Post
My comment was made from an owner perspective who'd see this big wing every day.
speaking of which, when is yours coming?!
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 10:45 AM   #20
07grIS350
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
speaking of which, when is yours coming?!
The last update has my unit planned for Nov production. It probably won't make it to my garage until early next year.
07grIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 10:48 AM   #21
07grIS350
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS View Post
Yes, it is designed to be a daily driver. Although, many less hardcore cars come with competition racing compound super-slick tires, The NE LFA still wears Potenza RE70 dry/wet street tires that don't hydroplane in storm conditions and heavy rain.

Regarding the spoiler, all 24-hours Nurburgring racing cars wear similar functional spoilers for downforce and it is not for "show", but the bonus is that it looks great. It is a matter of subjective opinion whether one likes it or not.
Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the spoiler too, but I think it would get old very quickly if I see it on a daily basis.
07grIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 11:07 AM   #22
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07grIS350 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the spoiler too, but I think it would get old very quickly if I see it on a daily basis.
i also agree with that. it's cool for about 10 mins and then i would get tired too driving it every day.

kind of how i look at the SV as well, it's nice, but for "daily", i kind of think the LP looks better
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 11:32 AM   #23
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
oohpapi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SouthSide Qns
Posts: 5,921
Default

I agree as well and in my comment, I meant I could only see myself looking at the spoiler in black on a daily basis. Doesn't look 'added on' as it does with the other colors. Understand it's functional purpose but flows together when one color with the body.

Would be interesting to see if I like it any better if it were color matched in another color.
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 02:14 PM   #24
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 2,732
Default

Looks amazing in black

Here's a video of his immaculate supra


IAMJAVEDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 07:50 PM   #25
gtrnaisf
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: tx
Posts: 71
Default

i love the black and white nur editions but i would go with orange!
gtrnaisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 08:15 PM   #26
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,279
Default

That dude has some nice taste in cars.
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 08:02 AM   #27
S2000toIS350
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 1,614
Default

So I was wondering how the guy got the car home with all the plastic on and no plates.

A few googles and it looks like the family biz, Ebrahim Kanoo includes being the distributor for Toyota and Lexus for the whole country.

It also looks like Ebrahim Kanoo is separate from a bigger family biz, the Kanoo group.
S2000toIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 02:01 PM   #28
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000toIS350 View Post
So I was wondering how the guy got the car home with all the plastic on and no plates.?

A few googles and it looks like the family biz, Ebrahim Kanoo includes being the distributor for Toyota and Lexus for the whole country.

It also looks like Ebrahim Kanoo is separate from a bigger family biz, the Kanoo group.
^ I think the answer is self explanatory..... (in your google finds)

They have ordered a few of our exhausts, for their IS-F's

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-30-12 at 02:08 PM.
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 10:22 AM   #29
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07grIS350 View Post
The last update has my unit planned for Nov production. It probably won't make it to my garage until early next year.
If LFA production is ahead of schedule, you can potentially have the last LFA made. They did say last month of production is January 2013, but the first few production LFA's were made in October of 2010 rather than December of 2010.
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 11:28 AM   #30
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,926
Default

I wonder if he plans on tuning that Nurburgring edition LFA.
05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AME CX Wheels DrewGS350 The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 10 05-02-16 08:52 PM
Toyota ME.WE Concept Motor Car Chat 5 04-25-13 08:59 AM
Violent Dyno Run Wicked SC Florida Lexus Club 13 08-12-12 06:02 PM
leica sexy neojungle1 Digital Photography 3 05-17-12 11:09 AM


Tags
adx, bahrain, black, club, ebrahim, edition, forum, grey, kanoo, lexus, lfa, nurburgring, page, project

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved