LFA Model (2012)

Fresh Green LFA has landed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-12, 05:27 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
there is simply no common sense in your post, unless you can show actual proof, which you can't.
Not the first time either...
Old 03-22-12, 07:20 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

let's just say you made about the same amount of assumption, nothing short of that. you don't need to hint what you know, i know all the history as well just that i am not posting them. you aren't the only one who knows "secret", keep in mind i was the one who did all the clean up. i stated clearly it's an "example"

bottom line is there is no stupid reason a ferrari dealership would rather pay the same price on the lfa with a used car title when the same damn car is still widely available out there at the same price with new titles.

there is simply no common sense in your post, unless you can show actual proof, which you can't.

Settle down. There is no need to bring it down to insults. Nowhere in my post have I insulted your opinions or made derogatory comments (unless, you have a propensity to take "you made assumptions" as insults). Nor have I claimed Ferrari bought the LFA at MSRP price anywhere in my post.

I was only talking about the established fact that he came in and bought the LFA merely as a means to an end, which was to get rid of his Mclaren SLR (again, established by the dealership rep who was involved in the sale himself), which in turn was because Lexus took a hit for him and offered above the standard black book wholesale value that every dealership does as a standard practice. He put less than ~ 90 miles on the LFA, which is another known fact.

I could expect some silly little naysayer who keeps butting his head saying that, but being a moderator on this forum I expect better from you.

I am not disputing the fact that LFA simply bombed in certain markets. I seriously am not sure if people really think Lexus priced the LFA too high?? A carbon fiber exotic supercar with everything made bespoke for it and only a 500 worldwide quota (which is a fraction of what it is for other supercars). There is no way $375,000 is unreasonable for LFA at all. It is only about how it is being perceived and has nothing to do with Lexus trying to rip people off.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-22-12 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-22-12, 08:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Settle down. There is no need to bring it down to insults. Nowhere in my post have I insulted your opinions or made derogatory comments (unless, you have a propensity to take "you made assumptions" as insults). Nor have I claimed Ferrari bought the LFA at MSRP price anywhere in my post.

I was only talking about the established fact that he came in and bought the LFA merely as a means to an end, which was to get rid of his Mclaren SLR (again, established by the dealership rep who was involved in the sale himself), which in turn was because Lexus took a hit for him and offered above the standard black book wholesale value that every dealership does as a standard practice. He put less than ~ 90 miles on the LFA, which is another known fact.

I could expect some silly little naysayer who keeps butting his head saying that, but being a moderator on this forum I expect better from you.

I am not disputing the fact that LFA simply bombed in certain markets. I seriously am not sure if people really think Lexus priced the LFA too high?? A carbon fiber exotic supercar with everything made bespoke for it and only a 500 worldwide quota (which is a fraction of what it is for other supercars). There is no way $375,000 is unreasonable for LFA at all. It is only about how it is being perceived and has nothing to do with Lexus trying to rip people off.
there is nothing about not settling down, i wasn't mad at all and there is nothing insulting about my post at all. if you feel so, that's your problem being so sensitive. not one word in my post was insulting, i was only directing exactly on what you post, just like what you did to mine. it's a fair discussion and i have no problem, simple as that.

regarding the price of the car? probably not my place to really say, i can't afford it yet period. but i will just say things are probably worth how much people are willing pay, and in some way the exotic market is expressing that

Last edited by rominl; 03-22-12 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-22-12, 10:21 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

there is nothing about not settling down, i wasn't mad at all and there is nothing insulting about my post at all. if you feel so, that's your problem being so sensitive. not one word in my post was insulting, i was only directing exactly on what you post, just like what you did to mine. it's a fair discussion and i have no problem, simple as that.

regarding the price of the car? probably not my place to really say, i can't afford it yet period. but i will just say things are probably worth how much people are willing pay, and in some way the exotic market is expressing that
I would blame the allocations to dealers in the USA for the most part. It looks like most of these buyers have to intention to enjoy the cars. They simply flooded the market. Exclusivity just went out the doors
Old 03-22-12, 11:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
I would blame the allocations to dealers in the USA for the most part. It looks like most of these buyers have to intention to enjoy the cars. They simply flooded the market. Exclusivity just went out the doors
i am completely with you on this one. globally i think the 500 lfa could be gone like that. we see regions where people want the car but get nothing. but lexus decided to flood the US market with more cars than buyers, and for whatever reason they still dig into it when they clearly know it's not working out.

if they had shifted allocations earlier, they could have kept all the cars sold like that, and that will in turn help on resale, etc...
Old 03-22-12, 12:13 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is all of this? It looked like there was plenty of interest over here, so Lexus answered. Now people are saying the opposite? I think people wanted to flip them, and not really looking for ownership. I think there are people who thought they could make a quick buck and now it doesn't seem the case because there is so many of them doing the same thing. That's what it looks like to me. Lexus should stop with the allocations to the U.S. for now. Or quit letting dealership owners buy them.
Old 03-22-12, 02:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TF109B
What is all of this? It looked like there was plenty of interest over here, so Lexus answered. Now people are saying the opposite? I think people wanted to flip them, and not really looking for ownership. I think there are people who thought they could make a quick buck and now it doesn't seem the case because there is so many of them doing the same thing. That's what it looks like to me. Lexus should stop with the allocations to the U.S. for now. Or quit letting dealership owners buy them.
"plenty of interest" as in how? i am sure a lot of people here on clublexus are very interested in the car, but how many will really buy?

when it comes to exotic cars, interest vs real conversion rate is very low. that's the case even if you move to ferrari and lamborghini. as pointed out before north of 350k that gets even more narrow. of course, i don't deny there will be individuals here and there with the idea to flip the car, but the fact that allocations are still available (as in no one has even put in deposit), to me it means lexus over estimated what the real conversion rate would have been
Old 03-22-12, 09:59 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said it looked like- I don't think all these forum users are LFA buyers. There was news that all the allocations were spoken for in the U.S. Now this isn't the case? That's what I'm getting at.
Old 03-22-12, 11:54 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

I read on forbes.com that the average person that spends more than $300,000 on a car has liquid assets of at least $25 million and total assets of at least $30 million (ultra high net worth individuals).

How many people in the U.S. are worth $30 million? Not that many to begin with. The number is in the tens of thousands. It's definitely < 100,000.
Old 04-03-12, 04:38 PM
05Mdriver
Driver School Candidate

love that color
Old 04-19-12, 10:01 AM
spinout180
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Listed on AUTOTRADER for $371,700 at Lexus of Orlando
Old 08-13-12, 10:02 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Green LFA

I was in Orlando checking on a condo i own there and decided to stop by the Lexus dealer to see if they had any Fs there and i saw what i consider to be a felony. They have an electric lime green LFA with all white interior for sale there. Can't believe they would make a Miami edition version of that beautiful car.
Old 08-13-12, 10:04 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Where's the pics?
Old 08-13-12, 10:44 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pics of green LFA

My camera on my phone sucks but here are pics from their listing of the car
Attached Thumbnails Fresh Green LFA has landed-25803931932.jpeg   Fresh Green LFA has landed-25803931937.jpeg  
Old 08-14-12, 07:06 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That color is to DIE for.....gorgeous.

Quick Reply: Fresh Green LFA has landed