LFA Model (2012)

Car Magazine: Lexus LFA vs Lamborghini Aventador

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 06:00 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, so with its new technologies (2 gens ahead) and the Aventador still couldn't get ahead of the LFA's fine tuning. I think this spoke volume about the development of supercars I.E. no short cuts to achieve feels.
Another point is the LFA's Lexus quality managed to make the Lambo's interior felt cheap to the writer. However, the Aventador is the clear winner when it comes to the appeance.
Old 12-13-11, 09:49 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Interior has never been a strong suit for Lamborghini, but that's inexcusable for a car costing that much.
Old 12-14-11, 01:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

It makes me happy to see the world recognizing the LFA for the insane car that it is. Its amazing.
Old 12-14-11, 04:43 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
It makes me happy to see the world recognizing the LFA for the insane car that it is. Its amazing.
Me too!
I've read this article 3 times.
I remember when the LFA first came out, all the Ferrari and Lambo lovers talked about it like a dog. This article does my Lexus heart good. But all of us knew the car would bring more credibility to the brand.....and it has done just that.
Old 12-15-11, 12:25 AM
LexFather

I said it 2 years ago..

Don't doubt him, crown him..

The LFA is simply one of the purest, truest drivers cars ever!
Old 12-15-11, 04:12 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
However, the Aventador is the clear winner when it comes to the appeance.
Not to me. I've said from day 1 I don't dig the Aventador's spaceship appearence. It doesn't look like a car. It's way cool but not for me. The LFA looks way better imo.

The only advantage I give the Italian is straight line speed....and that can be fixed. I wouldn't mod the LFA though, except for the wheels.
Old 12-15-11, 04:36 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, it was just last week they were comparing the LFA to ferrari's 599 GTO. And now i see this. Amazing
Old 12-15-11, 05:00 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
Not to me. I've said from day 1 I don't dig the Aventador's spaceship appearence. It doesn't look like a car. It's way cool but not for me. The LFA looks way better imo.

The only advantage I give the Italian is straight line speed....and that can be fixed. I wouldn't mod the LFA though, except for the wheels.
I liked it because it simply looks so different from other cars, even among the exotics, but I've also said that it probably would not age well . It looks like they've also sacrified some usabilities since the testers have commented that they could't see the road/track/s corners from the driver seat.
Old 12-15-11, 09:55 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last line of the article sums it up best. Among the best driving cars ever made, and Chris Harris says the Nurburgring Edition is even better! I can't wait to see the tests for that beauty.
Old 12-20-11, 11:14 AM
alan311
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the LFA, the engine start is ON the steering wheel itself? This is a waste of space and bad (amateur/wannabe) design. The start button is only used once per car ride. The button should be where that function is typically. Space is limited on the steering wheel and it should be reserved for other functions that are used frequently while driving (audio controls for example).
Just to deter any bad responses:
- I got a Lexus myself and I like them, so I'm not a "hater".
- The car is going to be used in civilian traffic for almost all of its time. There's no reason to have the start button right on the steering wheel.
- I dont know if any other cars make this choice because that doesn't matter. I think its bad design to have that start button on the steering wheel and thats my point.

And this thing turns me off about the car as a whole because I think its significant. Anyway. What I want one day is a Lexus hybrid. Hopefully it will be awesome by the time I can it.
Old 12-20-11, 11:37 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

The LFA won this one as the writer is obviously a DRIVER.
Old 12-20-11, 12:07 PM
Hot Shot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emad2007
Aventador is ugly

Murcielago is best

That was an awesome day. Thanks for sharing my photo. I've not driven an Aventador yet, but I'd have to agree that I'd take the SV over the Aventador still.....
Old 12-20-11, 12:31 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by alan311
For the LFA, the engine start is ON the steering wheel itself? This is a waste of space and bad (amateur/wannabe) design. The start button is only used once per car ride. The button should be where that function is typically. Space is limited on the steering wheel and it should be reserved for other functions that are used frequently while driving (audio controls for example).
Just to deter any bad responses:
- I got a Lexus myself and I like them, so I'm not a "hater".
- The car is going to be used in civilian traffic for almost all of its time. There's no reason to have the start button right on the steering wheel.
- I dont know if any other cars make this choice because that doesn't matter. I think its bad design to have that start button on the steering wheel and thats my point.

And this thing turns me off about the car as a whole because I think its significant. Anyway. What I want one day is a Lexus hybrid. Hopefully it will be awesome by the time I can it.
You mean like the Ferrari 458's engine start button on the steering wheel?

Old 12-20-11, 01:45 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
You mean like the Ferrari 458's engine start button on the steering wheel?
don't show him where the turn signals are on the 458 either, hah
Old 12-21-11, 09:34 PM
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Well, first of all despite the fact that I love my Lex... I am an enthusiast and sorry..... both these cars are ugly!

Second... if you call yourself SUPERCAR....that means you are open to ALL cars that fall in that very rare and exclusive category. So I like how everyone says "Lexus vs. Lambo" as if THAT was the ONLY end all Lambo....wrong!!! If you want to be the big cat, why fight against a tabby or even a bobcat....fight that pather, tiger, lion!

Where's the Murcielago? Where's Ferrari? Aston Martin? Im sure the LFA is a great car, but let's wait till it takes down some of the heavyweights or at least draws a tie ...before we call it super and put it up there along cars that have already proven themselves worthy of such title.

Quick Reply: Car Magazine: Lexus LFA vs Lamborghini Aventador