LFA Model (2012)

LFA Nurburgring edition. 7:22:85

Old 06-24-11, 11:32 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
It doesn't, but as the youtube video shows, the hot lap video was on display next to a Nürburgring Edition.
Yeah given that the video is on display next to a Nürburgring Edition to be shown to the world at the 24-hour endurance race, I'm sure Lexus/Gazoo Racing intends for this video to be published, just not this early yet.
Old 06-24-11, 11:43 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Since Lexus claimed the Nurburgring edition can get around Nordchliefe in "under 7:20", I would assume the factory test would be a bit quicker.

It looks like a Lexus factory test...
Old 06-24-11, 11:47 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

It looks like a Lexus factory test...

More hp and better aero can easily account for much of that difference. Of course, Akira Iida undoubtedly knows the LFA much better than Horst von Saurma.
This. Akira also races for Lexus team LeMans (Super GT). Pretty sure he's raced @ the N24 before in the LFA as well.
Old 06-24-11, 11:59 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Since Lexus claimed the Nurburgring edition can get around Nordchliefe in "under 7:20", I would assume the factory test would be a bit quicker.
My hope is the huge improvement of the Gazoo LFAs would make it into the production 'Ring Editions. It's still more than a year away.
Old 06-24-11, 12:13 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Iida is driving the LFA's tomorrow in the race. He's known as team head. Also, they just announced they're finished with the specification of it as well. This video might be old, and could be from fine tuning the Nurburgring package.
Old 06-24-11, 02:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I am glad there is something on the record that proves LFA is one of the best track/high performance supercar of all times and definitely the best car ever to have come out of Japan.

I was getting sick of people quoting official Nurburgring numbers and comparing it to the SportAuto Horst Von Saurma lap time as an excuse to hate on the LFA.

This will now put it in the history books as the Porsche Carrera GT or the Enzo of its times.
Old 06-24-11, 02:42 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm working on getting confirmation from Lexus on this, just 'cause I'm curious. The video clearly shows it's a production-style LFA (look at the steering wheel, center console, etc.), but it'd be nice to know if this is the stock, production-form Nürburgring Edition. I can't wait to see these on the streets.

The lack of any press or official word on this shows that Lexus doesn't care much about the Nordschleife time
Old 06-24-11, 03:01 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

I am glad there is something on the record that proves LFA is one of the best track/high performance supercar of all times and definitely the best car ever to have come out of Japan.

I was getting sick of people quoting official Nurburgring numbers and comparing it to the SportAuto Horst Von Saurma lap time as an excuse to hate on the LFA.

This will now put it in the history books as the Porsche Carrera GT or the Enzo of its times.
But now the Z06's time posted yesterday kind of stole the thunder, not to mention the ZR1's. Also SportAuto tested the regular LFA, and this video is only showing the Nurburgring Edition. Haters will continue to hate.

Last edited by ydooby; 06-24-11 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-24-11, 04:16 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ydooby
But now the Z06's time posted yesterday kind of stole the thunder, not to mention the ZR1's. Also SportAuto tested the regular LFA, and this video is only showing the Nurburgring Edition. Haters will continue to hate.
I think everybody knows the Vettes accomplished this with some amazing tires, (05 will like this) so there is nothing to stop the LFA from getting better 'Ring time similar equipment upgrade. However, I do agree there are many who would love nothing better than seeing the LFA failed in some way...
Old 06-24-11, 05:07 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Here is another angle of the same display setup ..... (in Germany for this weekend??)

I guess it's Lexus' way of showing their Offical / Unoffical ring time...

Via the Nürburgring Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HckwH_dXDEY

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-24-11 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-24-11, 05:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Don't know if you know that, but both of those runs you are talking about were done on the new generation custom built super slick Michelin Pilot Cup tires that are now offered with both of the models OEM.

That is why, if I had it my way, I would completely eliminate this rat race of Nurburgring lap times since they are not even directly comparable to each other because there are too many variables.

Old 06-24-11, 05:48 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Don't know if you know that, but both of those runs you are talking about were done on the new generation custom built super slick Michelin Pilot Cup tires that are now offered with both of the models OEM.

That is why, if I had it my way, I would completely eliminate this rat race of Nurburgring lap times since they are not even directly comparable to each other because there are too many variables.
Yeah I know all that, but people who look at the ranking don't care about those "petty" details lol.
Old 06-24-11, 06:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I know all that, but people who look at the ranking don't care about those "petty" details lol.
That is a massive variable that actually shows how good the LFA is. That is why lap times should not be compared and only bench racers use this to win internet wars.

Even with street tires that are not super-slicks (only semi slick outboard shoulders), it did phenomenally well.

Since super slicks improve lap times on the order of 4.5%, you could imagine how fast this LFA would have been, but since it is a street daily driven car, Lexus did not have super slick tires even on the Nurburgring edition.
Old 06-24-11, 06:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

That is why lap times should not be compared and only bench racers use this to win internet wars.
Hmmm sounds all too familiar...comparing lap times by the youtube video counter.
Old 06-24-11, 09:31 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tone of this thread is going down, not good... like gengar pointed out though, this video is probably from tuning of the Nurb' edition. The steering wheel looks normal, which is the same for the Nurb' edition, but the center console lacks the carbon fiber. It's metal in the video. seeing as how when the Nurb' edition made it's debut earlier this year at Geneva, this video has to be from an earlier date, or it's not 'euro spec' and doesn't include the carbon fiber center console? Not that it'd make it any faster having that, but you never know what fine tuning was done over that course of time. I remember Autoblog had spy shots of cars including the Nurb edition about a month ago. And if what Lexus' PR is correct they were still fiddling with it. I bet it could go faster and probably does.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LFA Nurburgring edition. 7:22:85