LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Apperance in WA 5/28-29

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 10:28 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
He already got a chance to drive it with us here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...n-raceway.html
Thanks Ryan, that was an excellent read!

Another thanks....
Old 05-24-11, 12:09 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sunday sounds good. Hopefully I can convince her. Not sure though, but if there is any possible way to go, I'll be there.
Old 05-25-11, 06:33 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you should definitely go so you can finally see the car in person. it's different experience

funny when you find out who spends a lot of time working with lexus to set this whole event up
LOL, but I am very glad this is happening.
Is it just the corp LFAs or there are some private cars too? I would be great to see a variety of colors with the black unit (white, red, and blue are the best)
Old 05-25-11, 08:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
LOL, but I am very glad this is happening.
Is it just the corp LFAs or there are some private cars too? I would be great to see a variety of colors with the black unit (white, red, and blue are the best)
it's the corporate #032 car. as far as i know no one in that region is getting the lfa yet. but nonetheless like you said i think this is a great chance for lexus to showcase the car to people and potential buyers
Old 05-29-11, 08:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Saw this link on FB.

http://veegie.com/tilfeldig/fotografier/ERTC5-28-2011/

Old 05-30-11, 02:21 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

A giant thanks to Paul Williamsen and the folks at Lexus for bringing up the LFA. It was a very big hit in the exotic community.
Old 05-30-11, 09:55 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Cool cars, the black LFA looked good.
Old 05-30-11, 11:10 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TommyJames
A giant thanks to Paul Williamsen and the folks at Lexus for bringing up the LFA. It was a very big hit in the exotic community.
I guess you were completely blown away by it and left speechless. Please feel free to expand on the experience whenever you have the chance. You're a valuable asset in this community. We would all love to hear some feedback.
Old 05-30-11, 02:14 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't go to the event there was a funeral and a birth during the weekend. Next time (if there is a next time) I'll be there.
Old 05-30-11, 07:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,496 Likes on 1,796 Posts

A very nice picture gallery:

http://veegie.com/tilfeldig/fotografier/ERTC5-28-2011/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc8iI...layer_embedded

Old 05-30-11, 11:47 PM
atomic80
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, I was asked to post my photos here as well

More coming so stay tuned.
Old 05-31-11, 12:46 AM
atomic80
Driver School Candidate

Three more for now

Old 05-31-11, 10:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

great to see you here jason!

seems like it was a great weekend! here are some pictures from another photographer

http://jboyer2011.zenfolio.com/p261527825

http://jboyer2011.zenfolio.com/p498194399
Old 05-31-11, 11:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Makes you wonder what Sir Mix-A-Lot thinks about the back of the LFA...

Old 06-02-11, 09:51 AM
atomic80
Driver School Candidate

I posted this on another forum and on Facebook but I thought I should also post this here too:

My impressions of the Lexus LF-A

When I first got in the car, Paul Williamson, rep from Lexus was right there with me. He took a few minutes to explain all of the features of the LF-A first explaining that there's an airbag built into the seatbelt. The end attachment has a small opening that connects to the opening on the other end of the buckle. Very slick. It feels like those woven straps in a typical hiking backpack. Very snug and comfortable. The paddle shifters are laid out in a similar manner to the Scuderia. The only difference however was that we had to first put the transmission into neutral before engaging reverse which is done by pulling on a button to the left of the dashboard. Parking brakes are engaged electronically via switch under the dashboard. What's cool is that there are different driving modes selectable via rotary **** on the side of the dashboard. The digital LCD tach changes in accordance to the different driving modes. White for "Sport" mode which is what I used. Essentially this would quicken the shift points, throttle response and firm up the suspension. Finally, a control pad on the steering wheel allowed you to change to the different modes displayed on the dashboard. The tach actually moves either to the left or right depending on the info displayed. I felt like I was playing a video game!

Now it was time to take off, insert and turn the key and hit the starter button. There's a nice throaty rasp as all ten cylinders come to life. I was ready now. I shifted into first and slowly made my way out of the parking lot. I was told to watch out for the sheriff waiting for us at the bottom of the hill but Paul elected instead to have me turn off earlier. I didn't waste any time before pouring on the throttle. What struck me was how immediate the throttle responses were. With every stab of the throttle whether light or heavy, the responses were simply there. I wasn't prepared for just how explosive the responses were but yet at the same time the steering inputs were light and responsive too. The car felt much smaller than its size let on. I made my way through the back roads with a turn here and there. Nary a body roll was felt around the corners. There were times when the rear would come out but I always managed to stay under control making minute corrections. Before I knew it, my 5 mile run around the loop was coming to an end and yet I found myself wanting more.

As I made my way back to the starting point, all I could think about was how Lexus has once again managed to create an impressive piece of machinery that simply reeked of perfection. The suspension was very compliant, the sound emanating from its triple exhaust pipes perfect to the tune of F1-isque. I was in love with this car...but yet, there was one thing that I simply could not get over and that was its looks. I'm not entirely sold on that yet. It almost looks like an evolutionary step forward from the last generation Supra Turbo which I once owned. More like a ginzu knife I'd imagine. Perhaps that was Lexus' goal, perhaps not.

Bottom line is, I think Lexus has managed to create a home run with their latest creation.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Apperance in WA 5/28-29