LFA Model (2012)

LFA #032 (wrapped Yellow) w/2000GT @ Toyotafest 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 12:45 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As wild as the AbFlug kit looks, I still think the LFA looks 'badder'! Maybe not as aggressive, but cleaner. I don't like those wheels with that kit though. Separately they're both awesome but together I don't think it looks as good as the wheels on the original blue S900 at the TAS.
Old 05-24-11, 03:32 AM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I never appreciated the S900 when it came out in blue, and of course I would take an LFA any day of the week. Although the S900 is an eleven year old design and I wouldn't be surprised if the S900's side intake had some influence with the LFA's design. Can you imagine what an Abflug LFA will look like.

Yes the original Abflug wheels were really nice, but they were only 18" inches in diameter. The LFA had 22" inch wheels... that black S900 had 20" inch rear wheels and 14 inches wide! That's wider than a Viper's... I can't imagine smaller wheels on that kit looking any better.

Old 05-24-11, 12:14 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LFA has 20" wheels also. The design of the wheels on the Supra just don't fit WITH the kit IMO. Have you heard of an AbFlug S9500 Bodykit? Thats awesome though only 2 cars I think ever had it.
Old 05-24-11, 10:27 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Choritsu-shi
Personally, I never appreciated the S900 when it came out in blue...
I have to admit the Abflug S900 in blue was one of the first cars that ever made me seriously drool. We're talking very high company very early on in my career as a supercar fan... like, McLaren F1 LM, F50, 360/Spider. I never liked the Supra look until the Abflug.

Old 05-25-11, 09:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Choritsu-shi

Thank you for letting us experience the LFA and the photo opportunity. LFA with a genuine Abflug S900 Wide Body Supra… This design won the Tokyo Auto Salon award back in 2000.

Really... and thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge with the LFA and your experience with Naruse-san. I later saw your video…truly an honor.
Hirome Naruse was to Toyota as Ayarton Senna was to Brazil... a sad and tragic loss.

Choritsu-shi

My pleasure Bruce! I'm very glad you enjoyed your first Toyotafest after all these years of hiding in NorCal! jk

For those that don't know...just do a search on "Bruce Nomura" here on the forums and you will see how far back he goes and what he's accomplished.

Last edited by flipside909; 05-25-11 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-26-11, 04:25 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

beee uuuuu ta ful

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
They did an amazing job. i cant even tell it is wrapped
no kidding!!!
Old 05-26-11, 05:55 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I wonder if that's the same 2000GT that I see quite often at the Alondra Golf Course in Torrance, CA?
Old 05-28-11, 03:01 PM
CACressida
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean to tell me that LFA is wrapped in yellow? I was so disappointed with it when I approached it, immediately I noticed the lines around the bumper were boogered up. I thought it was a crappy repair to a damaged bumper. Whew.. What a relief.
Old 05-28-11, 05:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I think if anyone has read my comments several months ago, I was very very critical and said strongly Lexus needs to fire this company immediately and get their money back from them for this whole "wrapping" business when the same company wrapped the prototype (pearl grey) in orange color.

I mean, it was the blandest orange I have ever seen in my life. It was not even funny. Still, Lexus hired them to do this wrapping business a second time on the black production LFA.

Originally Posted by CACressida
You mean to tell me that LFA is wrapped in yellow? I was so disappointed with it when I approached it, immediately I noticed the lines around the bumper were boogered up. I thought it was a crappy repair to a damaged bumper. Whew.. What a relief.
Old 05-29-11, 07:41 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I think if anyone has read my comments several months ago, I was very very critical and said strongly Lexus needs to fire this company immediately and get their money back from them for this whole "wrapping" business when the same company wrapped the prototype (pearl grey) in orange color.

I mean, it was the blandest orange I have ever seen in my life. It was not even funny. Still, Lexus hired them to do this wrapping business a second time on the black production LFA.
As far as I know, Instyle Graphics only wrapped #032 in yellow, they did not do the other vehicles or wraps ....

And I'm sorta amazed the 2 brothers at Instyle Graphics batted this car out in 18 hours ....Thats faster than a paint job LOL .....
Old 05-31-11, 01:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
LOL you're not the only one that noticed the job. I noticed it the first day I saw the wrap in person in Detroit earlier this year. I did mention that the wrap job and the paint was not good...and it was obvious to everyone else. The company that wrapped the car happens to be the same company that painted the LFA both times.

Did you see the car in person when it was Orange? The car was wrapped then painted factory LFA Orange. The same color found on the Nurburgring Edition car.

Do you know for a fact Lexus hired the same company that did the first wrap? Because the fact is they didn't use the same company that did the wrap the first time. And not to back up the company that actually did the work, the wrap was done so well on this car most people thought it was the actual color...until they got up close and saw the obvious.
Old 05-31-11, 02:01 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by CACressida
It was wrapped yellow because of a tv show filming at Infineon Raceway just a few days before Toyotafest. There wasn't enough time to get the wrap off so it was left on. It was pulled off last week before it went to Seattle for Exotics @ RTC this past weekend.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...ppearance.html

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
As far as I know, Instyle Graphics only wrapped #032 in yellow, they did not do the other vehicles or wraps ....

And I'm sorta amazed the 2 brothers at Instyle Graphics batted this car out in 18 hours ....Thats faster than a paint job LOL .....
For those who have never experienced wrapping a car in clear bra or vinyl....the LFA has the most difficult curves and angles to apply film on. And given the very short amount of time they had to do it in...they did a pretty good job for less than 24 hours of time to work on it.