LFA Model (2012)

Best Motoring Fuji Teaser: '12 GTR vs Lexus LFA vs ZR-1 vs F430 Scuderia vs GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-11, 01:30 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They didn't use l/c for the LFA and got 3.9 seconds to 60 as their 'best' on a drag strip. Hardly fair when the gtr was using l/c and is capable of hitting 60 in 2.9 seconds. Why a drag race of all things?
Old 04-25-11, 03:55 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The official trailer is now online. Lots of spoilers inside.
http://www.bestmotoring.jp/main/digest.php?si=209
Old 04-25-11, 04:10 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
The official trailer is now online. Lots of spoilers inside.
http://www.bestmotoring.jp/main/digest.php?si=209
thanks!

and you guys have to check out the launch of the race, that GTR slingshot around the Ferrari

From the trailer it seems like it was LFA and GTR going back and forth for 1st. I want to watch the whole thing.
Old 04-25-11, 04:26 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks like they put Naoki Hattori in the LFA. He's definitely among the most capable BM presenters on the track, although it would have been more fun to have one of the experienced LFA drivers like Ki-no-shi-ta or Iida driving. Can't wait to see the results of the attempted outside pass around turn 1, haha. This is going to be a great DVD.
Old 04-25-11, 04:48 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

It says 'Fuji speedway 3 laps battle' in the video.

I did not see the 430 RSD vs GTR race?? What part was it in?? You mean when the battle started??

Kinosheita (Gazoo LFA Nurburgring race driver) did the mountain run test.

In this particular clip of GTR vs LFA drag race, Lexus LFA jumped half a car length on the GTR off the line on probably a prep'ed track. Looks like LFA out-launched the GTR off the line. However, in the next clip, they show Tsuchiya in the cabin hitting 230 km/h. Wonder if that was the time attack clip since their drag races are uptill only 400 meters (1/4 mile), which means speeds in the 200 - 210 km/h range max .

Originally Posted by G Star
thanks!

and you guys have to check out the launch of the race, that GTR slingshot around the Ferrari

From the trailer it seems like it was LFA and GTR going back and forth for 1st. I want to watch the whole thing.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-25-11 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 05:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Actually, Kinosheita is driving the LFA in the Fuji Speedway Battle and not Hattori. Hattori is in the ZR-1 (and getting killed badly). Tsuchiya is in the GTR.

Hattori was driving the LFA vs GTR (Tsuchiya) in the 400 meter drag race event.

Originally Posted by gengar
Looks like they put Naoki Hattori in the LFA. He's definitely among the most capable BM presenters on the track, although it would have been more fun to have one of the experienced LFA drivers like Ki-no-shi-ta or Iida driving. Can't wait to see the results of the attempted outside pass around turn 1, haha. This is going to be a great DVD.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-25-11 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 06:02 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Looks like it's only 3 laps battle
Old 04-25-11, 06:02 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
It says 'Fuji speedway 3 laps battle' in the video.

I did not see the 430 RSD vs GTR race?? What part was it in?? You mean when the battle started??

Kinosheita (Gazoo LFA Nurburgring race driver) did the mountain run test.

In this particular clip of GTR vs LFA drag race, Lexus LFA jumped half a car length on the GTR off the line on probably a prep'ed track. Looks like LFA out-launched the GTR off the line. However, in the next clip, they show Tsuchiya in the cabin hitting 230 km/h. Wonder if that was the time attack clip since their drag races are uptill only 400 meters (1/4 mile), which means speeds in the 200 - 210 km/h range max .
Yup, it's a 3-lap battle. As I suspected the race is on a standing start, so it isn't surprising that the GT-R made such a huge jump ahead of everyone (ahead of the 430, and maybe even the LFA), although in the drag race the LFA seems to be able to launch as well as the GT-R. My guess is that they only use launch control in the drag race but not in the time attack and the race.
Old 04-25-11, 06:10 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Actually, Kinosheita is driving the LFA in the Fuji Speedway Battle and not Hattori. Hattori is in the ZR-1 (and getting killed badly). Tsuchiya is in the GTR.

Hattori was driving the LFA vs GTR (Tsuchiya) in the 400 meter drag race event.
Excellent! Thanks for the info.
Old 04-25-11, 06:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I wish it was a 5 lap battle like they do on Tsukuba.

Yeah, definitely launch control for the LFA in the drag race. LFA got off the line very cleanly and efficiently. Plus a grippy surface helped the LFA out-launch the GTR and take away the AWD advantage.

I am sure they maxed out the limit of consecutive launch controls for the LFA in the 400 meter drag races so instead of driving for 15 miles, they must have used the neutral-dropping (which takes a few split away seconds for the tranny just to get from N to 1st gear).

I agree, the FSW battle showed LFA still getting off the line while the GTR was already charging ahead of all the cars.

Originally Posted by ydooby
Yup, it's a 3-lap battle. As I suspected the race is on a standing start, so it isn't surprising that the GT-R made such a huge jump ahead of everyone (ahead of the 430, and maybe even the LFA), although in the drag race the LFA seems to be able to launch as well as the GT-R. My guess is that they only use launch control in the drag race but not in the time attack and the race.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-25-11 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 07:01 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

The Fuji Track is only 2.8 miles long, and based on the teaser clips I think the result would be
GT-R, LFA, GT2, ZR1 and F430.
The LFA would take it if this 10 laps were run.
Old 04-25-11, 07:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Dunno.That straight should basically tell how big the track is (it is the longest straight in the world). The most recent configuration is described officially as nearly 4.6 KM so in total it should be a 13.8 KM battle, which explains why it is a 3 lap battle rather than the 5 lap battle done on the much smaller (2.0 KM in the longest configuration) Tsukuba, which is a total of 10 KM.

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
The Fuji Track is only 2.8 miles long, and based on the teaser clips I think the result would be
GT-R, LFA, GT2, ZR1 and F430.
The LFA would take it if this 10 laps were run.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-25-11 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 08:48 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Dunno.That straight should basically tell how big the track is (it is the longest straight in the world). The most recent configuration is described officially as nearly 4.6 KM so in total it should be a 13.8 KM battle, which explains why it is a 3 lap battle rather than the 5 lap battle done on the much smaller (2.0 KM in the longest configuration) Tsukuba, which is a total of 10 KM.
Remember the GT-R has stickier tires and tricked AWD system, but weaker brakes and more mass. So I think the LFA can only do close battle for the first few laps as we saw in the teaser video, that would wear out the GT-R brakes and hopefuly tires quickly thus neutralized its advantages. I would love it If the LFA could do it in 3 laps.
How about the GT2 being passed by both the GT-R and LFA? I think its manual gear box is the culprit to blame for drivers not familiar with the car.
Old 04-25-11, 09:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

GTR's biggest advantage is Tsuchiya being the driver (arguably, the best and most well respected out of the bunch other than Orido Manabu). Still, there could not be a better person who understands the LFA like Kinosheita considering he has raced over the years in the LFA around Nurburgring.

I noticed despite LFA getting a half a car length lead in the drag race off the line over the GTR, the 'power wars final' appears to be between GTR and ZR1.

Hattori seemed to be struggling to keep up in the ZR1. Recently, a privately owned GT2 RS lost control on Nurburgring and almost crashed into the wall (the infamous tailing coming around in typical 911 fashion).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k3_k...layer_embedded

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Remember the GT-R has stickier tires and tricked AWD system, but weaker brakes and more mass. So I think the LFA can only do close battle for the first few laps as we saw in the teaser video, that would wear out the GT-R brakes and hopefuly tires quickly thus neutralized its advantages. I would love it If the LFA could do it in 3 laps.
How about the GT2 being passed by both the GT-R and LFA? I think its manual gear box is the culprit to blame for drivers not familiar with the car.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-25-11 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 10:30 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The power wars final could be any of those cars, I don't think they're showing them in order- I've seen them fool people like that before. They would seriously spoil the drag race results if they did that. If LFA can launch right, it should beat the GTR, so why would the GTR be up against the Vette if it's the final? We'll have to wait and see, it could be that you're right Rolla, but I'm hoping you're not!

Quick Reply: Best Motoring Fuji Teaser: '12 GTR vs Lexus LFA vs ZR-1 vs F430 Scuderia vs GT2 RS