LFA Model (2012)

CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-11, 03:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
By the way, I was surprised to find insurance for the LFA quite reasonable even on a mileage limit that's very high. I decided to go with State Farm based on positive recommendations from other exotic owners and the fact that they often include track DE under insurance, but when I spoke to my local agent he told me he doesn't offer anything less than 7,500mi/year (when he first told me that, I was ready to bail to another local agent because I was looking for something closer to 3-4k but the result wound up being fine).

In fact, my LFA insurance is only a little higher than a quote I got from State Farm several years ago for an M3, when I was comparing insurance between the M3, IS F, and 911 C2S. I think I have posted before elsewhere on the forums that the M3 was by far the highest of the 3, shockingly even higher than the C2S despite the C2S' much higher sticker.

This may change my mind about ownership costs for exotics.
really? wow, this is cool (and interesting). i am paying only about 600/6mos for the m3 (and it's the convertible already), so if you say the lfa is only a little more, that's not bad at all!

i didn't quote on c2s, but i did priced insurance for a 911 turbo before and that wasn't pretty (quite a lot more than the m3)
Old 03-29-11, 03:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

By the way, I was surprised to find insurance for the LFA quite reasonable even on a mileage limit that's very high. I decided to go with State Farm based on positive recommendations from other exotic owners and the fact that they often include track DE under insurance, but when I spoke to my local agent he told me he doesn't offer anything less than 7,500mi/year (when he first told me that, I was ready to bail to another local agent because I was looking for something closer to 3-4k but the result wound up being fine).

In fact, my LFA insurance is only a little higher than a quote I got from State Farm several years ago for an M3, when I was comparing insurance between the M3, IS F, and 911 C2S. I think I have posted before elsewhere on the forums that the M3 was by far the highest of the 3, shockingly even higher than the C2S despite the C2S' much higher sticker.

Interesting. Its funny but if the trend goes the same for how the ISF was when it first came out, those premiums are going to go higher for the next year. Everyones rates are obviously going to be different from state to state (different regs) and each person carries different coverages (some people only insure with liability only or the bare minimum coverage).

SF is a very good insurance company. I'm not supposed to be endorsing them despite working for a large competitor insurer out here. SF has been in our fam for years.
Old 03-29-11, 07:20 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Glad to hear the insurance thing was a happy ending.

When I was at Infineon, one guy said he was quoted about $5K. I think that was the guy in Memphis.

The guy in MD who has 10 high end cars said he just throws them on his fleet insurance for his construction company and didn't have a number (and didn't seem to care).

Back to the endless requests. I have not seen any pics of the custom luggage.
Could you please share a few images of the pieces closed and opened up?

Other minor trivia, on one of the videos on You Tube from the recent Autobahn event, one guy said his boss got the first LFA in the midwest and that the boss also has an LS600h. This must be Mr 026.
Old 03-29-11, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Glad to hear the insurance thing was a happy ending.

When I was at Infineon, one guy said he was quoted about $5K. I think that was the guy in Memphis.

The guy in MD who has 10 high end cars said he just throws them on his fleet insurance for his construction company and didn't have a number (and didn't seem to care).

Other minor trivia, on one of the videos on You Tube from the recent Autobahn event, one guy said his boss got the first LFA in the midwest and that the boss also has an LS600h. This must be Mr 026.
5k?! that sounds quite a bit more @_@
Old 03-29-11, 10:31 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Everyones rates will differ with many factors. Insurer, level of coverage, driving record, number of vehicles, location of residence, etc.
Old 03-29-11, 11:19 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
really? wow, this is cool (and interesting). i am paying only about 600/6mos for the m3 (and it's the convertible already), so if you say the lfa is only a little more, that's not bad at all!
1200/yr is a really good rate for an M3. I was quoted around 2700/yr by State Farm for the M3 back in 2008 and a little less for the C2S. 911 Turbo is of course in a different ballpark from these cars.

I am pretty young and I only get discounts for my education, so my insurance rates do tend to be higher. I was pleasantly surprised by the LFA quote.

I wonder if he went for small insurers who specialize in exotics because those were ridiculous for me. I went through a couple I gleaned off ferrarichat and 6speedonline and some of them were as high as $9000/yr even for limited mile contracts.

According to one of the Lexus Central PS, they haven't been manufactured yet. They'll be sent to owners at some point. They might not fit in the LFA at delivery anyway because of the car cover, although I suppose that could just be thrown into one of the custom bags or the passenger seat.
Old 03-29-11, 11:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Time to give some love for McGrath's LFA:

Inside the warehouse...

Old 03-29-11, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

1200/yr is a really good rate for an M3. I was quoted around 2700/yr by State Farm for the M3 back in 2008 and a little less for the C2S. 911 Turbo is of course in a different ballpark from these cars.

I am pretty young and I only get discounts for my education, so my insurance rates do tend to be higher. I was pleasantly surprised by the LFA quote.

I wonder if he went for small insurers who specialize in exotics because those were ridiculous for me. I went through a couple I gleaned off ferrarichat and 6speedonline and some of them were as high as $9000/yr even for limited mile contracts.

According to one of the Lexus Central PS, they haven't been manufactured yet. They'll be sent to owners at some point. They might not fit in the LFA at delivery anyway because of the car cover, although I suppose that could just be thrown into one of the custom bags or the passenger seat.
if you were quote 2700/yr on the m3 and the lfa is only a bit more, then i say it's a very very good price!
Old 03-29-11, 11:53 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

LFA #057 in daylight:

Old 03-29-11, 11:59 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the pics, I'm just drooling all over the place right now.
Old 03-30-11, 06:56 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Thanks for the luggage update Gengar

Thanks for the pics of the McGrath mobile flipside.

I just saw the car in the flesh this morning when I did my recall drop off.

Thhe car looks dynamite. The polished wheels look better in person than I had imagined.

New worthless trivia. The front bumper has micro dimples that looked like they ase spaced to make it easy drill holes to mount a Euro license plate.
Old 03-30-11, 07:17 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh, just imagine the red car with black roof and spoiler... drooooooool.
Flipside, how difficult was it for the LFA to make it down that ram from inside the warehouse?
Old 03-30-11, 07:20 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good to hear. What's track DE?

Old 03-30-11, 07:28 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

New worthless trivia. The front bumper has micro dimples that looked like they ase spaced to make it easy drill holes to mount a Euro license plate.
Actually those dimples are there to mount the region specific license plate bracket. All Lexus and Toyota cars have this on all their plastic bumper covers. LFA is no exception.

L-R: Matte Black (US Spec) and Whitest White (Euro Spec)

Old 03-30-11, 08:20 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Thanks Flipside.

I am not sure what you mean by region specific.

We are talking about a US car and the dimples in the front bumper are spaced too wide for a US plate bracket.

Quick Reply: CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!