LFA Model (2012)

CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!

Old 07-09-12, 08:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

someone didn't start his car for a while
Old 07-09-12, 09:23 AM
luda42688
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, what do you do for work.... I need that career lol (I'm actually really interested if you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM)
Congratulations with the LFA and the tedious path getting there. Your hard work has paid off well.
Old 07-09-12, 11:14 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
someone didn't start his car for a while
I had to do lengthy back-to-back business trips so didn't drive it for nearly 3 weeks, but I think the bigger problem was that the last time I drove it before my trip, I only drove it for a relatively short distance and didn't go on the highway either. The battery definitely gets taxed during normal operation as the cooling system still operates after the car is turned off, which is probably more of an issue in the summers.

In any case, it's good that Lexus includes a charger.

The car is still running flawlessly. I am planning on doing the first maintenance in September and will request a full checkup, so I will have to coordinate with corporate to get the techs sent out.

Originally Posted by luda42688
Dude, what do you do for work.... I need that career lol (I'm actually really interested if you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM)
Congratulations with the LFA and the tedious path getting there. Your hard work has paid off well.
I would just comment briefly that tedious paths are rarely lucrative.
Old 07-09-12, 12:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so how many miles you got now on the car? drive more!
Old 07-09-12, 07:49 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Oops.

more pics!
Old 08-25-12, 07:34 AM
gengar

There is a key cylinder. The start process is:

1. Insert key into cylinder and turn key to "on" position.
2. Simultaneously pull back on both gear change paddles.
3. Press start button.

You can't really see the process but can hear the steps during a video I posted of the ignition back on post #114 of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdoNW9C4eXk&hd=1
I was searching through this thread for another post and happened across this post I made a few months ago and wanted to clarify. Step 2 - pulling back on both gear change paddles - is to put the LFA into neutral gear. The LFA needs to be in neutral to start the engine, but of course if the LFA is already in neutral (e.g., if the owner chooses to turn it off while in neutral) then this step can be skipped. So it's probably more accurate to say that Step 2 is "If the car isn't in neutral, put it in neutral by pulling back on both gear change paddles simultaneously."
Old 06-08-13, 12:21 PM
gengar

Good company for the ride.

The following users liked this post:
Trexus (11-06-18)
Old 06-08-13, 12:29 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Car looks great gengar. Luv the Blue!
Old 06-11-13, 09:24 AM
GS3Tek

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

Time for a 2 year update Gengar
Old 06-13-13, 11:47 AM
gengar

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Time for a 2 year update Gengar
Car is doing great. As from the above photo, I just shipped it again cross-country to have some new scenery. Getting it out of Houston will also let me drive it a lot more.

Also recently did the first maintenance (overdue by my standards, but not Lexus'). Lexus was happy to send out a dedicated tech to support the local LFA-certified techs and they were very accommodating so it was easy to schedule. They basically did a hybrid maintenance to straddle the 1 and 2-year maintenances. The car was obviously in pretty good shape to begin with, but I did notice minor changes like slightly less vibration at higher rpm. I was thinking of annual maintenance on the car, but i might actually tighten up that schedule a bit depending on how much I drive it.

BTW, the other day I was thinking that I had never seen a pic of the LFA with the OEM car cover on. I hate car covers and always cringe when I see a car with one on, since putting the car cover on / taking it off will invariably scratch the car, so I had an idea - why not put the car cover on right after I wash it but before I dry it? So yeah, I'll post a pic of the LFA with car cover on later. Product of bored moments.
Old 06-13-13, 12:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

how many miles you got on the car now?
Old 06-13-13, 01:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Car is doing great. As from the above photo, I just shipped it again cross-country to have some new scenery. Getting it out of Houston will also let me drive it a lot more.

Also recently did the first maintenance (overdue by my standards, but not Lexus'). Lexus was happy to send out a dedicated tech to support the local LFA-certified techs and they were very accommodating so it was easy to schedule. They basically did a hybrid maintenance to straddle the 1 and 2-year maintenances. The car was obviously in pretty good shape to begin with, but I did notice minor changes like slightly less vibration at higher rpm. I was thinking of annual maintenance on the car, but i might actually tighten up that schedule a bit depending on how much I drive it.

BTW, the other day I was thinking that I had never seen a pic of the LFA with the OEM car cover on. I hate car covers and always cringe when I see a car with one on, since putting the car cover on / taking it off will invariably scratch the car, so I had an idea - why not put the car cover on right after I wash it but before I dry it? So yeah, I'll post a pic of the LFA with car cover on later. Product of bored moments.
I've handled the LFA car cover several times.. It's definitely high quality super soft material..
I would only use it indoors..

But most importantly, I recommend drying the car with an "Absorber" type product...
And if you have the "time" do a quick QD spray & wipe with clean microfibers..

Then apply cover

~ Joe Z
Old 06-17-13, 09:48 AM
GS3Tek

Thanks for the update Gengar.

I was wondering why you have a picture of the enclosed car transport....makes sense now.
Old 06-17-13, 09:26 PM
gengar

Originally Posted by rominl
how many miles you got on the car now?
Not enough. Great to get it out of Houston in that regard, though. I've already driven it more in the last month than I did the whole beginning of this year in Houston.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
But most importantly, I recommend drying the car with an "Absorber" type product...
And if you have the "time" do a quick QD spray & wipe with clean microfibers..

Then apply cover

~ Joe Z
The reason I thought to put the cover on with liquid on the car was to prevent scratches from dust. That's why car covers are so icky to me, because there's just no way that a car cover is not going to scratch the car if it's put on when the car's dry unless there is absolutely no dust or dirt or anything on the car or cover (which is impossible). I took the cover off immediately after taking the pictures.

Typically for the LFA, I wash with ONR and then follow it up with the Optimum instant detailer, partially for drying assist. The instant detailer is amazing, although I will note it does work even better on the black paint on my IS-F. Even though I've used it for a long time, it feels like ONR was made for the LFA since washing with active water is a no-go.

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Thanks for the update Gengar.

I was wondering why you have a picture of the enclosed car transport....makes sense now.
Well I added that pic because my LFA was riding with an Enzo... it's not nearly as interesting a pic with either of those cars alone
Old 06-19-13, 10:45 AM
GS3Tek

Well I added that pic because my LFA was riding with an Enzo... it's not nearly as interesting a pic with either of those cars alone
Nah, as amazing as the Enzo is, I love every angle, inside, and outside of the LFA a whole lot more

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!