LFA Model (2012)

LFA and Paris Hilton

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 09:09 AM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
looking at how much crap is being talked about on this paris getting a lfa news? of course it's getting exposure, no one is doubting that. with charlie's press, most people know something about two and a half men now as well. but does that mean a lot more people are now interested in joining marathon sex parties? and the talk about the network company considering cutting the series and suing charlie for damages? it might be just talk, but network company probably have a reason to even think about that
When a celeb is being talked about, it's whatever they are being associated with getting a ratings boost, and for Charlie it was his show, not his sex parties. For Lexus, they are hoping Paris will be spotted with paparrazis all the time with it, and the Lexus name associated with her, trying to increase the image they have with being a vehicle celebrities drive. Just like how the thread about what celebs drive a Lexus, they want the brand image to be associate with celebs and music

I did not hear about Charlie getting his show canceled if he didn't clean up his act
Old 02-17-11, 09:14 AM
LexFather

^^ Similar to how celebrities bought the LS 600h L when it debuted for being a hybrid. People were saying "damn liberal greenies" and bashing them and the car but it gave the cars tons of exposure and like it or not there are people that desire and buy what celebrities have.

Old 02-17-11, 09:27 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyJames
This whole entire marketing program is the strangest ever. Look at how much it's been debated on this forum. Show me any other forum where there is this much debate about the reality of sales with anything.
Yes, and we have you to thank for that.
Old 02-17-11, 09:32 AM
iroll240
Driver School Candidate

Default She did not receive the Yellow one for Her B Day.

Paris was Just on "the Ryan Seacrest Morning show" talking about her Birthday & how Lil wayne stopped by & Ryan asked Her about what Her boyfriend (Cy) got Her for Her 30th.

She replied "Oh! He got me the New Lexus Racing car, Its sick! The yellow was a joke, at first he pulled up in the yellow one & I was like laughing, like, are you Serious? (Condesending tone) and then they pulled up the real one, which was the white one, but of course the media only prints the yellow one."

I can confirm this because I am In radio & Just up loaded Seacrest's show today. I Doubt She would ever come to this site, She cant even rember what its called! But thats the world we live in...
Old 02-17-11, 09:33 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

True.

Recently, I saw on TMZ some hollywood celebrity lady getting her Porsche Carrera GT put on a truck.

All the journalists were asking her about her car as the driver trying to drive the Carrera GT on to the truck was burning its clutch since he could not handle how quickly the Carrera GT revved up while she was loving every moment of it and saying things like "OOOHHH this car is soooo fast!!! I could get a ticket so eaaasssilly!" blah blah

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
We all have to remember that the LFA is breaking new ground not only for Lexus but for every company in Japan. In other words while exotic brands clearly know their market and Mercedes knows their market with the SLR/SLS well Lexus is doing a first here and surely they made mistakes and learned a lot. There was just no way in hell this car was not going to be scrutinized and beat up, bashed. It should be expected, it is a 375k Lexus

As stated before they had about 1100 serious inquiries but who wrote the check when the time came? The bottom line is their goal is to sell 500 cars and surely some people will get them that maybe we question "why"?

The thing is again, if we look at every single exotic brand sold, TONS of cars are sold to people who we might not deem as enthusiasts. I posted on the first page a few examples. As it has been stated Lexus wants exposure for the car, well Paris is exposure, it is getting exposure and it likely will be on this T.V show for more exposure. To Lexus its a good thing clearly or they would not have been involved in it but to others it might stink and be a bad thing and I can't blame them.

The racing driver in Costa Rica got his red LFA and there was hardly a blip on the internet outside of the doughnuts he did. On the other hand Paris Hilton gets a LFA as a present and its set the internet on fire. Really? So we are going to put a good/bad list on LFA owners?

Well you have to be pretty damn enthusiast to drop 375-450k on a Lexus
Old 02-17-11, 09:42 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gengar
Yes, and we have you to thank for that.
I think you need to look on the other forums where there is NOTHING but negative comments about the LFA which is why I came here in the first place. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.
Old 02-17-11, 09:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by iroll240
Paris was Just on "the Ryan Seacrest Morning show" talking about her Birthday & how Lil wayne stopped by & Ryan asked Her about what Her boyfriend (Cy) got Her for Her 30th.

She replied "Oh! He got me the New Lexus Racing car, Its sick! The yellow was a joke, at first he pulled up in the yellow one & I was like laughing, like, are you Serious? (Condesending tone) and then they pulled up the real one, which was the white one, but of course the media only prints the yellow one."

I can confirm this because I am In radio & Just up loaded Seacrest's show today. I Doubt She would ever come to this site, She cant even rember what its called! But thats the world we live in...

LoL True Story!!!

I am listening to the show / phone conversation RIGHT NOW!!!

I would LOVE to see photos of this "White LFA"... Including the Badge #0xx !!

Ryan in LA: "What did Cy get you for your 30th?"

Paris in NY: "Um Cy is the best boyfriend on earth and bought me the New Lexus".. "What is it called honey the L..?" ...
"the LFA racing car.... It's SICK.. !! "

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 02-17-11 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-17-11, 09:44 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I am so jealous
Old 02-17-11, 09:47 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

It would be one thing if Paris Hilton bought a car that's already cemented an image. The LFA is still new in that department and Lexus wants it taken seriously. Brand equity is fragile in the beginning and it eventually is 'owned' by the customers themselves and not the company selling the brand, but that takes time. Lexus has a strong reputation for what it does well and a weak reputation for those things that are still unknown such as the LFA's market segment. While she's giving them lots of press attention right now, it can't possibly help the brand's image. Sorry. It would be far different if someone like Patrick Dempsey who's already got a strong reputation in both race and exotic circles bought the car. It's far different if it's Paris Hilton.
Old 02-17-11, 09:50 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
LoL True Story!!!

I am listening to the show / phone conversation RIGHT NOW!!!

I would LOVE to see photos of this "White LFA"... Including the Badge #0xx !!

Joe Z
Okay, so let me see if I have this right, he thought about this gift a year ago when orders were first getting placed so it arrived this past week? What happened to all of those who had orders in before him? They just had a few extra cars sitting around?

BTW, did anyone get photos of a white one arriving? Is it the same car?
Old 02-17-11, 09:51 AM
gengar

Originally Posted by xioix
I believe the post Gengar made was from what Lexus posted online.
What was posted was from my personal experience going through the application process, which is similar to the experiences reported by others on this board who went through the process (and received an allocation).

Most of the point of my post was actually what Lexus didn't say (or do).

Originally Posted by rominl
from what i read and feel, most people in this thread are just questioning lexus marketing and selection. i don't see a lot of people hating the car itself in this thread.
I think those can go hand in hand, though. Many people simply can't stand the idea of the LFA... who knows exactly why that is, whether it is people who just can't get past their preconceptions and existing biases, or they feel their inferior quality lux brand is even more devalued because they can't just refer to Lexus as totally boring, or they just have their panties in a bunch because Lexus didn't approach them and their buddies to beg them to buy one. We know this is true because the IS-F got the same treatment when it came out and the LFA often gets sandbagged in magazine reviews (just look at, say, CAR, which relied entirely on daily driving characteristics in order to claim the SLS as a winner). But whatever the reason for this hate, the result is that Lexus and the LFA have become enemy #1 in their eyes and so they want to see Lexus fail in every way possible. A good starting point for them is to attack what they perceive to be Lexus' marketing and also hope that the LFA doesn't sell at all in the US.
Old 02-17-11, 09:53 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Lexus racing car. LOL
Originally Posted by iroll240

Old 02-17-11, 09:54 AM
Koukir32
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GFerg
Either way......Thats hot.
LMAO..... hahha..... Just hope she won't crash it within the first week of delivery
Old 02-17-11, 09:56 AM
gengar

I think you need to look on the other forums where there is NOTHING but negative comments about the LFA which is why I came here in the first place. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.
Oh please. I wouldn't be surprised if you've made close to 1/4 of the posts on this board relating to the "value" of the LFA, just rehashing the same things over and over again - a lot of the time it feels like you're having a conversation with yourself. Don't try to play some innocent card here, it's utterly absurd.

Originally Posted by Koukir32
LMAO..... hahha..... Just hope she won't crash it within the first week of delivery
Well, it would possibly give us some insight into the LFA repair process.
Old 02-17-11, 10:14 AM
LexFather

So her LFA is white, not yellow. lol, the jump to conclusions mat is in full effect.

I wouldn't expect any less. The European establishment has a new player from Japan and many will just refuse to give it its due and it being a Lexus means it lacks the badge for people. There is now another option, one that is rarer in many cases and the audacity of Lexus to ask for 375k for it.

Its no different then when Lexus shook up the entire motor industry with the LS in 1989. There wasn't any car fourms but it was the same rhetoric
-Japan can't make a luxury car
-its just some made up brand
-it can never beat or match Merceds/BMW
-European cars are just better

and well 20 years later Lexus is one of the greatest business success stories ever.

I've browsed quite a few forums and its easy to see who the real auto enthusiasts are who appreciate the LFA and what it brings to the table and has accomplished compared to those who beat it just because.

The NSX, Supra,GT-R got much of the same treatment and still does. Some people just will never respect the cars that Japan makes and Euro cars are supposedly the greatest gift to earth.

Quick Reply: LFA and Paris Hilton