LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Driver Development Center program at Infineon (official)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-11, 08:06 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TF109B
Scott Pruett was there piloting the LFA, not sure who else was. But I do know that there was another driver there- that was Patrick Long, but he was driving the Porsche! Tell me it's not him, is it?
Scott was part of the September LFA Preview/Launch Event @ Monticello.

For the Lexus IS Precision Tour Monticello Event, this past November, the LFA driver was Justin Bell...

~ Joe Z
Old 01-27-11, 10:59 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Confirmed my spot today, so I'll be heading over in March.

Originally Posted by TF109B
Hope someone brings along a camera! Hint hint!
If allowed I'll consider bringing my GoPro or a better camera for inside the cabin. Whether I share it is a different story (i.e., I probably won't if for example I happen to bury an LFA into the wall coming out of turn 11). I suppose at the very least I can share video of the instructor run.
Old 01-27-11, 11:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Confirmed my spot today, so I'll be heading over in March.

If allowed I'll consider bringing my GoPro or a better camera for inside the cabin. Whether I share it is a different story (i.e., I probably won't if for example I happen to bury an LFA into the wall coming out of turn 11). I suppose at the very least I can share video of the instructor run.
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring the gopro, it's pretty awesome

can't wait to see footage of that! and if you don't post, i will put up a poll to ban you (j/k)
Old 01-27-11, 02:41 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That'd be great to see a hot lap (or two, or three) of the LFA around Infineon.
Old 01-28-11, 08:51 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I'll never call it Infineon. I raced Sears Point on motorcycles from the mid 80's to early 90's. It's a very fun track. It can also be unforgiving in a couple of spots. Hopefully they don't castrate the experience with the NASCAR chute - turn 5 going into the carousel is a blast, just make sure you brake before the crest...
Old 01-29-11, 06:07 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Copied from the invitation
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA Driver Development Center program at Infineon (official)-infineon-raceway.jpg  
Old 01-29-11, 06:12 AM
gengar

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'll never call it Infineon. I raced Sears Point on motorcycles from the mid 80's to early 90's. It's a very fun track. It can also be unforgiving in a couple of spots. Hopefully they don't castrate the experience with the NASCAR chute - turn 5 going into the carousel is a blast, just make sure you brake before the crest...
Ya, I really hope they don't give us the NASCAR track. That would be a huge disappointment. I'll actually shoot off an e-mail and ask.
Old 01-30-11, 09:12 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Ya, I really hope they don't give us the NASCAR track. That would be a huge disappointment. I'll actually shoot off an e-mail and ask.
I drove Infineon this summer with my SV. It's a very challenging track and prefect for skill building. It's got a little of everything.
Old 02-04-11, 02:41 PM
gengar

Just FYI, Lexus says it'll be the full track.
Old 02-05-11, 06:35 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Default How many LFA ?

I wonder if they would have additional LFA's other than the Yellow and Orange ones for these sessions.
Old 02-05-11, 07:46 AM
LexFather

Sweet, the full track. Ryan will you be there?
Old 02-12-11, 05:38 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

The folks at Lexusenthusiast noted that the event is now open to the well heeled public.

I feel the need to take a trip to CA next month.

Here is the Press Release:

Lexus LFA Driver Development Program
TORRANCE, Calif. (Feb. 10, 2011) – Lexus announced today it will offer a driver development program for future Lexus LFA owners, March 8 to 15, that will include a full day of high performance driving with racing professionals at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California.

The Lexus LFA driver development one-day program was designed as a place for current or future LFA owners or sports car enthusiasts to become more confident and comfortable driving this ultra performance machine. The program offers a blend of racing theory, track lapping sessions, performance limit exercises and technical demonstrations on one of the most challenging racing circuits in the world.

“This program offers a unique opportunity to experience the 552 horsepower Lexus LFA supercar in its natural environment,” said Mark Templin, group vice president and general manager, Lexus Division. “Lapping Infineon and tips from the professional drivers will certainly enhance the overall LFA ownership experience.”

The first Lexus LFA units arrived in the U.S. in January 2011 and customer deliveries have begun. The final LFA deliveries will take place in 2012. Interested parties should contact their Lexus dealer as there are a limited number of 2012 LFA still available for purchase.

“Once you’ve driven the LFA on a race track, you can really appreciate this engineering accomplishment,” said Templin. “Track time with the LFA will change all preconceived ideas of what a supercar should be.”

# # #

Public Website: www.Lexus.com

Note to Editors: A full press release, specifications, optional package information and high-resolution images of the 2012 LFA and other Lexus models are available at www.LexusNewsroom.com.

Lexus Public Relations
Ming-Jou Chen – 310.468.4782 or ming-jou_chen@lexus.com
Bill Kwong – 310.468.3764 or bill_kwong@lexus.com
Allison Takahashi – 310.468.5315 or allison_takahashi@lexus.com

For reservations:
Shawn Jackson – 1.877.229.9855 or Shawn_Jakson@LexusDriverDevelopmentCenter.com
Old 02-12-11, 07:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Since looks like from the press release, they will be measuring time for the different events (using launch control, 0 -60 mph, 1/4 mile, braking, laps etc.) using video VBOX.

Can Gengar and 07grIS1350 please keep a track of those numbers and then share it with us??
Old 02-12-11, 07:52 PM
gengar

I'm glad Lexus is opening this up to the public and I hope that many enthusiasts will take the chance to drive one of the best cars in the world on one of the best tracks in the world. At the same time, I guess not that many LFA owners responded.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Since looks like from the press release, they will be measuring time for the different events (using launch control, 0 -60 mph, 1/4 mile, braking, laps etc.) using video VBOX.

Can Gengar and 07grIS1350 please keep a track of those numbers and then share it with us??
I don't interpret the press release that way. Of course I could just bring my PerformanceBox...
Old 02-12-11, 08:15 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Hi Gengar,

My sense, as you mentioned is that many of the buyers are not taking the opportunity.

Did they let you know how many participants the event is limited to per day?

If they are running 8 days and can have 12 people (just an assumption) per day, that would be about half of the North American allocations. To be honest, a 50% take rate would be crazy high.

Also, do you have a hotel recommendation for the area?

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Driver Development Center program at Infineon (official)