LFA Model (2012)

Gran Turismo 5: 570 HP Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition Feature

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-10, 03:17 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The N24 cars weren't rev limited, they were air restricted. So the HP was under 500, just like all the other cars that make over that in stock trim.
Old 12-07-10, 10:32 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
That is no Nurburgring edition pictured. Definitely just a fan that tried to make it look like one. The modified front bumper and wing are missing.

Huh? The LFA Nurburgring Edition is double the price of a regular LFA? Where do you get your information?

I would respectfully advise you to check the specs and pricing of the Nurburgring package for the LFA before making assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

Yes the HP increase is negligible, but the package is more than "just a body kit". Better handling, stability, and acceleration/top speed are what the package gives over a regular LFA.

Also as already mentioned, the package includes special VIP priviledges at the Nurburgring itself.
See my post 2 hour before yours regarding what the double price and body kit was referring to I know what is in the package in terms of the car, however you are correct I was unaware of the additional experience which is pretty cool. More than just horsepower, I would be willing to bet that the "Better handling, stability, and acceleration/top speed are what the package gives over a regular LFA." are negligible. I would challenge any driver to drive both back to back in a blind test and tell me if there's a $70k difference. These results could likely be exceed for certainly no more than $10k in aftermarket. Again these minor changes are worth more than an IS-F?

If you're after a car for bragging rights, I could see the appeal in the Nur edition because you and 49 others were the only ones that got to pay an extra $70k for your LFA. But otherwise?
Old 12-07-10, 09:27 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

You don't know anything you just spoke of, because no one has driven either car. So far all we have is some preview drives of a pre-production model. You can't say that a car with a carbon rear wing, lighter wheels, stickier tires, lighter weight and more HP isn't worth it's premium, because the Nurburgring edition is more than just that, it's a whole package. And what's 70K to people paying 375K already? This to me is like the GTO version of the 599, and probably better handling.
Old 12-10-10, 02:41 AM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
You don't know anything you just spoke of, because no one has driven either car. So far all we have is some preview drives of a pre-production model. You can't say that a car with a carbon rear wing, lighter wheels, stickier tires, lighter weight and more HP isn't worth it's premium, because the Nurburgring edition is more than just that, it's a whole package. And what's 70K to people paying 375K already? This to me is like the GTO version of the 599, and probably better handling.
Wow man you make me laugh....
Old 12-10-10, 02:50 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Laugh about what? Do you think I was trying to be a clown?

The Nurb package is a package, deal to stay in the hotel at the 'Ring. Full year's pass to the 'Ring. A Jacket, driving instructions and the extras on the car. I think it's worth it.
Old 12-10-10, 02:58 AM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

A Jacket,

LMFAO

What an amazing jacket toyota!!
Old 12-10-10, 03:00 AM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

You fkn argue about anything don't you!? lol

You spend waaay too much time on google.