LFA Model (2012)

The Elite List

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-10, 10:57 AM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The Elite List

So, I work at Beverly Hills, doing Security on Rodeo Drive. Now, I see a lot of Exotic cars when working there, anywhere from Aston Martins, Bentley's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, I've seen em all, numerous times also.

Which got me thinking, will I ever see another LFA other than the time that I saw it at the LA Auto Show?

This leads to my question, is there like a list of all the people that bought the LFA in the US?

Obviously, you can't go to a Lexus Dealership and look at this car, and the only chance you'll be able to see it, is if you see someone drive it.

So, I was just wondering if there is a list of people who bought the LFA? Were there a lot of Celebrities, or more wealthy people that very few people know of?
Old 12-01-10, 11:16 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I do know one "elite list" person hollywood celebrity/race car driver Zachary Levi who was turned down by Lexus as a viable LFA customer. Somehow, Lexus did not deem him "fit" to own an LFA so they turned him down.

The reason why everyone knows about it is because he went on radio to rant about it and revealed he ordered an R8 V10 instead (and we saw how LFA made absolute minced meat out of the R8 V10 in speed TV "battle" program).
Old 12-01-10, 11:18 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am quite confident that the answer to your question is that there does exist such a list...these cars are a limited production and had to be "special ordered" from Lexus; so, naturally, it is logical that Lexus would have the names of the purchasers.
Old 12-01-10, 11:31 AM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fail to Zachary Levi. But can Lexus even do that? I mean, obviously they did, but why refuse service to someone?

Anyway, I wonder if we can ever get a list. It would be nice to know that a few owners of the LFA live in Southern California, so that way, I can at least hope to see the car again someday.
Old 12-01-10, 11:33 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

It is not a matter of service since he can purchase any Lexus he wants.

Lexus had stated right from the get-go that they will have the final approval in who qualifies as a buyer of the LFA since they are looking for a specific type of demographic as owners for the LFA. One that they have officially mentioned is that they want LFA to be driven to the race track, clubs, streets etc. and not parked in a garage as a collector edition gathering dust.

I guess, it is a simple case of demand exceeding the supply. Ferrari has been doing that for decades.

Originally Posted by Incredible
Fail to Zachary Levi. But can Lexus even do that? I mean, obviously they did, but why refuse service to someone?

Anyway, I wonder if we can ever get a list. It would be nice to know that a few owners of the LFA live in Southern California, so that way, I can at least hope to see the car again someday.
Old 12-01-10, 12:28 PM
LexFather

I can say with confidence.....

I am not on the Elite LFA buyer list

Old 12-01-10, 02:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Incredible

of course they can, i mean, it's up to them to sell cars to anyone they want, if they choose to.

and i am pretty sure it will be very very hard (maybe impossible) to see such "elite list"
Old 12-01-10, 03:04 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and i am pretty sure it will be very very hard (maybe impossible) to see such "elite list"
Agreed. It might be very difficult to get a copy of that list as some buyers might want to be anonymous.

Also it would be like going to a bank and asking for a list of people who have at least a $1 million in their bank account.