LFA Model (2012)

“Stig’s Garage Car Pack" for Forza will include a LFA

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-10, 03:14 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been the same in every GT game that you work your way up, now it's something new to you in GT5? Roh-kay!? That's a lame assessment you have there. "I like Forza because I can drive a fast car as soon as my career starts! Yay!" Good for you and Forza. The graphics are terrible, the cars aren't modeled right, everything looks like cardboard, the sounds are horribly exaggerated, the cars look like they 'float' on track, damage is all pre-determined, there is no night racing, or weather, or rally, or F1. Something better huh? Why? Cus you can put stickers on your car or make neat little liveries? Only those who are uninformed believe Forza drives more realistically than GT5. There is no permanent steering assist in GT5, it's able to be turned off. Set all your 'handicaps' at 0 and there's nothing there to assist you. You can't do that in Forza. How realistic is it if you can 'rewind'? So you can go back in time and not make the mistake you made? I'm all for new games, but to say Forza is better than GT, in my world, that's pretty far out.
Old 12-06-10, 03:52 PM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
It's been the same in every GT game that you work your way up, now it's something new to you in GT5? Roh-kay!? That's a lame assessment you have there. "I like Forza because I can drive a fast car as soon as my career starts! Yay!" Good for you and Forza. The graphics are terrible, the cars aren't modeled right, everything looks like cardboard, the sounds are horribly exaggerated, the cars look like they 'float' on track, damage is all pre-determined, there is no night racing, or weather, or rally, or F1. Something better huh? Why? Cus you can put stickers on your car or make neat little liveries? Only those who are uninformed believe Forza drives more realistically than GT5. There is no permanent steering assist in GT5, it's able to be turned off. Set all your 'handicaps' at 0 and there's nothing there to assist you. You can't do that in Forza. How realistic is it if you can 'rewind'? So you can go back in time and not make the mistake you made? I'm all for new games, but to say Forza is better than GT, in my world, that's pretty far out.
You would take the only irrelevant quote and run with it... all of your comments seem very fanboy driven.... and very age category 18-22!?

Yeah they changed the physics engine in GT4 and it has sucked ever since. If it's new and better! I am all for it... if it is new and sucks... I don't bother. It's a known fact that everyone is complaining about the physics in GT5... controversy everywhere.

The graphics in Forza ARE ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!! I agree with you. But again I don't play for shiney graphics [that is what Gran Tursimo's PHOTO MODE is for, which in my opinion is the best part about the game] I play for the sense of realism.

Screw the liveries that's stupid. [again I could give a crap about the garbage graphics or fluff] Yes that makes it more enjoyable for the masses but for true driving enthusiasts looking to go destroy some tires on the track Forza also succeeds

It is the REWIND button that makes Forza the better "VIDEO GAME" sorry it is just far more enjoyable from a driver's point of view. All I care about are the physics and how a car reacts when you take it around the course. The cars react more realistically that GT. Ask any world driver.

Why have all those damn modes if the physics are crap! Granted I love driving the F1 cars in GT.

The course rotates around the static vehicle in GT What the hell is that about!?

It sounds like you are very stuck on Graphics... in which case I am completely on your team for GT5 just completely annihilating Forza in that department. Well with exception of the Standard cars. I built a Kouki S14 and drove that for a bit in utter disgust at the graphics, Then I drove my buddy JR's [RIP] car (the trick G37, of which I have driven for real) in the game and the graphics were amazing! weird....

I am not trying to convince you of anything.... I just can tell you do not have much experience behind the wheel on a track, which is fine... just don't go blabbing about a subject you don't know much about. You may know a lot about games.... but that's pretty much where your knowledge ends on the subject of "racing and racing games"

Please don't be offended by that, it is simply apparent..
Old 12-06-10, 03:58 PM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

Oh btw "TF109B" your screen name pwns... not many people probably know what it means kudos on that.
Old 12-06-10, 04:30 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

I've played both games, GT5 isn't controversial with it's new physics, many agree it's the best in the racing games bar PC sims. You should read up. My age doesn't matter, they aren't fanboy comments, i'm 27, not 17. I am only speaking the truth. To me, Forza seems lousy. The cars aren't what GT cars are. Even some of the 'standard' cars on GT5 look better than FM3's do! Yeah FM3's got cockpits in all they cars, but so what? That's not what view I drive from, I drive the 'hood' cam, or 'bumper' cam, cus to me that's the most realistic. I don't care for Forza in the sense I do for GT. If you're the opposite, that's cool, but not me. I like GT, and GT5 is beyond what Forza is. I can't look at the pretty graphics when I'm driving my car. So to me, what matters most is what the other cars are doing and how my car is driving. The AI in any game to me is not even a challenge. It only takes a few days for me to get used to how a race game feels, and from there I'll blow away the computer. The real challenge are better racers online. GT has a good online system in my eyes as well.

And the TF109B never existed, but the TF109 did, I just put the B there cus I figured they would make a B-spec version of their car, but Pascal Vasselon said there is no reason to, the updates were continous throughout the 2009 F1 season for Toyota, so no reason for a B car. Did you hear that Toyota are now supplying Rebellion Racing LMP1 engines related to their SuperGT cars?
Old 12-06-10, 04:59 PM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

I've played both games, GT5 isn't controversial with it's new physics, many agree it's the best in the racing games bar PC sims. You should read up. My age doesn't matter, they aren't fanboy comments, i'm 27, not 17. I am only speaking the truth. To me, Forza seems lousy. The cars aren't what GT cars are. Even some of the 'standard' cars on GT5 look better than FM3's do! Yeah FM3's got cockpits in all they cars, but so what? That's not what view I drive from, I drive the 'hood' cam, or 'bumper' cam, cus to me that's the most realistic. I don't care for Forza in the sense I do for GT. If you're the opposite, that's cool, but not me. I like GT, and GT5 is beyond what Forza is. I can't look at the pretty graphics when I'm driving my car. So to me, what matters most is what the other cars are doing and how my car is driving. The AI in any game to me is not even a challenge. It only takes a few days for me to get used to how a race game feels, and from there I'll blow away the computer. The real challenge are better racers online. GT has a good online system in my eyes as well.

And the TF109B never existed, but the TF109 did, I just put the B there cus I figured they would make a B-spec version of their car, but Pascal Vasselon said there is no reason to, the updates were continous throughout the 2009 F1 season for Toyota, so no reason for a B car. Did you hear that Toyota are now supplying Rebellion Racing LMP1 engines related to their SuperGT cars?
Ha alright man.... sounds like you are amazingly good at racing games... maybe a little friendly competition is in our future... PSN: Yashio-Drift

I think it is safe to say you don't like drifting, stunting, etc. in racing games...

And no I hadn't heard that!!! Damn Toyota sweats awesomeness...
Old 12-06-10, 09:55 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Can you clutch kick in Gt5?
Old 12-07-10, 09:20 AM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Can you clutch kick in Gt5?
Negative....

but you can in Forza 3 =p
Old 12-07-10, 09:29 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Yes you can, you need a wheel with a clutch pedal. Go to http://gtplanet.com and you see users in the forums there who have race wheels with clutch pedals.

And to you drift, I think it's safe to say you don't like real time damage, weather, day to night transitions, track making, rally racing etc. in driving games, since you claim Forza is better than GT5.

I dont do the drift thing, I'm more into the grip thing. When I get the chance to race online, after I get the handling right on some of my cars in GT5, I'll be glad to hand you a race PSN-freshseth83

Last edited by TF109B; 12-07-10 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-08-10, 06:52 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

is this thread seriously still going on? TF109B, u say ur not a fan boy but seriously all your doing is defending GT5 which is making u look like a diehard GT fanboy right now.. This thread was about the FORZA DLC, the "Official" GT5 thread is in the clubhouse.
Old 12-08-10, 09:59 AM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Yes you can, you need a wheel with a clutch pedal. Go to http://gtplanet.com and you see users in the forums there who have race wheels with clutch pedals.

And to you drift, I think it's safe to say you don't like real time damage, weather, day to night transitions, track making, rally racing etc. in driving games, since you claim Forza is better than GT5.

I dont do the drift thing, I'm more into the grip thing. When I get the chance to race online, after I get the handling right on some of my cars in GT5, I'll be glad to hand you a race PSN-freshseth83
I have the G25 wheel with clutch and have not used the clutch.... it must be a setting but I haven't had time to check it all out. [again I was let down by the game's physics]

Dude..... it sounds like your reading a marketing brochure on the game!!! "Real time damage!" The damage in GT5 sucks man! I am not saying Forza's is any better but it looks retarded in GT5! Again no I don't care about weather (which has been done in countless racing games in the past 5 years; PGR, test drive, etc, day to night transission's, which has been done in Sega Dreamcast racing games, same with track making... which is a JOKE in GT5, [I spent an hour or 2 in that mode before I laughed in dissapointment with pre-determined garbage], Oh and I LOVE Rally! Too bad it sucks in GT5... So no... I do not care about those things when it is not enjoyable to drive the damn cars in those condition's... SO FOR THE RECORD... NO it is not safe to say I don't like those things because I most definitely do... Just, none of it matters if it is not enjoyable to play as a SIM.

Let me just explain something..... All of what you are saying pertain to everything EXCEPT the damn physics engine in the game [yes that is what determines how the cars handle, react, etc.] All of mine are simply saying.... the physics in Forza are more realistic. PERIOD I will one last time go back to "ask any real world driver"

This is also why you definitely sound like a fanboy... I cannot stress enough my love for the GT franchise and what Kazunori Yamauchi has done. He is one of my absolute hero's! But just because he pioneered something, does't mean someone else cannot come in and make it better.... as sad as it is for me to say... someone has...and that is Turn 10.

If GT could somehow infuse the physics engine in Forza with everything else in GT it would be the greatest day in Gamer racing! Oh and add the "Top Secret" cars

As for some racing... cars will be stock for stock, your choice of car, but no mods, based on driver skill only, not who can tune better, I am a Drift tuner which you would blow me away as my rear end kicked out on every turn lol

Last edited by Driftninja; 12-08-10 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-08-10, 10:19 AM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't really say BETTER without explanation... Physics better-YES, Game progression and game features-YES, Graphics etc.-NO, Game modes-NO, Real world facts and info-NO anyway I would never list everything. I like aspects of both games. It is just GT is not the "Real driving experience" any longer

Dude didn't you say you weren't 27!? Your PSN is FRESH.... Seriously FRESH!!? FRESHseth83!!!! 1983!!! lmao.... sorry man I am usually not a rude person but that was kinda funny... Fresh is way funny.. *Thumbs up*

Oh my bad just realized you said you WERE in fact 27...

Last edited by Driftninja; 12-08-10 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-08-10, 02:46 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TF109B, you do know that you are comparing GT5 which had 5 years to develop versus Forza 3 which had 2 years. Obviously there is a major difference in quality of visuals. Not to mention that PS3's blu-ray discs hold more memory for what ever is necessary (even low resolution cars... what is up with that?) in comparison to a standard DVD disc. If Turn10 had the same development time as Polyphony, I think Forza may be on par.

I haven't played GT5 yet, and I know it's brilliant to look at (except for the lower resolution cars), but I can't say anything for the game play.

Anyway, as for the DLC...
LFA - it sounds like a Porsche V10.
CCX - wow this car is fast
SLS - haven't really driven that
Old 12-08-10, 03:20 PM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 100plus
TF109B, you do know that you are comparing GT5 which had 5 years to develop versus Forza 3 which had 2 years. Obviously there is a major difference in quality of visuals. Not to mention that PS3's blu-ray discs hold more memory for what ever is necessary (even low resolution cars... what is up with that?) in comparison to a standard DVD disc. If Turn10 had the same development time as Polyphony, I think Forza may be on par.

I haven't played GT5 yet, and I know it's brilliant to look at (except for the lower resolution cars), but I can't say anything for the game play.

Anyway, as for the DLC...
LFA - it sounds like a Porsche V10.
CCX - wow this car is fast
SLS - haven't really driven that

Well spoken
Old 12-08-10, 03:52 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

GT5 was in development for that long because of the switch to the PS3. They aren't writing on a DVD, but a Blu-Ray. I've had the PSN name for a while, and fresh was my nickname since i was a kid, friends still call me it so it stuck, and Seth is my real name. Why do I have to explain my handle for you anyway? What about Drift ninja? i could say that sounds like some anime cartoon! I'm not a child so I don't need to get into a pissin match about GT and Forza. You said Forza is good, I think so too, not as good as GT though. You go on about the Physics in Forza, but to me they feel bland, and the cars handle generally the same. FR MR FF, etc. not so with GT. The cars have a character of their own. If you know what I mean. I donno maybe you should try with no ASM or TCS and ABS at 1 and see what they feel like. I can't say for everyone, but I know from my own experience, that GT feels more real than Forza does. I tried to explain to you that Forza has a permanent steering assist that can't be turned off. You neglected to acknowledge me on that point though, instead you just said that GT5 has that, it might, but you can turn it off. I'm not tryna argue with you. If you believe Forza is better, that's great, I don't. No need to fight about something as trivial as our taste in video games. If you wanna challenge me then add me as a friend, I'll see to it that I give you a fair fight, with whatever car you'd like, I just want to play more of the game before I go off to venture online with my cars.
Old 12-08-10, 04:26 PM
Driftninja
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

GT5 was in development for that long because of the switch to the PS3. They aren't writing on a DVD, but a Blu-Ray. I've had the PSN name for a while, and fresh was my nickname since i was a kid, friends still call me it so it stuck, and Seth is my real name. Why do I have to explain my handle for you anyway? What about Drift ninja? i could say that sounds like some anime cartoon! I'm not a child so I don't need to get into a pissin match about GT and Forza. You said Forza is good, I think so too, not as good as GT though. You go on about the Physics in Forza, but to me they feel bland, and the cars handle generally the same. FR MR FF, etc. not so with GT. The cars have a character of their own. If you know what I mean. I donno maybe you should try with no ASM or TCS and ABS at 1 and see what they feel like. I can't say for everyone, but I know from my own experience, that GT feels more real than Forza does. I tried to explain to you that Forza has a permanent steering assist that can't be turned off. You neglected to acknowledge me on that point though, instead you just said that GT5 has that, it might, but you can turn it off. I'm not tryna argue with you. If you believe Forza is better, that's great, I don't. No need to fight about something as trivial as our taste in video games. If you wanna challenge me then add me as a friend, I'll see to it that I give you a fair fight, with whatever car you'd like, I just want to play more of the game before I go off to venture online with my cars.
as far as your PSN name: You didn't have to explain at all, you felt threatened and chose to.

I only play with all assists off...

I don't give a crap what they call anything, I only care that the cars handle realistically, how do you keep eluding the fact that people who drive cars for a living will vouch that Forza's physics are more realistic! If they don't feel as real to you then fine, it's apparent you do not have much experience behind the wheel [and of course I don't mean city driving, but given your prior responses I felt compelled to note that]

Cool, like what you want, I have no problem with that at all.. I just want people to know facts about the physics and what is compared to the real thing to be those most realistic. In which case for the last time Forza is..

Oh and finally... The DLC is awesome by the way... The LFA is worth it alone. I do wish it was available by other means... hopefully they will release it for individual download. Until then...

The Forza Ultimate edition is $29.99 and an excellent value! I recommend trading in your original copy for a couple bucks to get the new one.

Quick Reply: “Stig’s Garage Car Pack" for Forza will include a LFA