LFA Model (2012)

Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 03:01 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
07grIS350

Thanks for your update.

I wonder how close we are genetically as the only other car we have is an 09 Vibe AWD I bought our older son this past summer (killer deals as GM was dumping the brand).

No more stick cars for us as I live in the city and the kids have not interest in learning. Can you believe a kid not wanting to drive an S2000?

It was interesting to read that your dealer was able to influence allocations as you mentioned. My local dealer had to say sorry to 5 big deal customers. I never bought a car from this dealership and the GM was like how the he?? did this guy get a unit?

I am not sure if you are new to this forum. Your input has been very useful toward solving a puzzle question from another member Tommy James. He has pointed out that the LFA is crazy expensive and is coming into a suffering exotic market. With Lexus having no history playing in this space, he has pointed out that the folks he connects have little to no interest in the LFA and begs the question, will there be a market?

What I keep saying is, there are plenty of Lexus customers who the coin. They want a bullet proof toy that is not embarrassing to show up in, can be serviced by someone they know and trust and be from a company they know will back the thing.

Your story has similarities to mine in that the IS350 has been the priciest ride I have had to date. I have had some fun cars, CRX, 850R wagon, S2000 but nothing high roller. I expect to meet a couple of other local buyers at a track event I was invited to in May.

We are all looking forward to seeing the allocation map. So far we have 165 in Japan (thanks to Dave for the correct number), 170 in the US, 10 in Canada, 2 in Singapore, 2 in Thailand (thanks Dave) and 1 in the DR.

The wild card for me will be the Middle East. My understanding is, 54 markets will get cars.

In the US there were 20 regions to get them. CA, FL and NY being the bigs. Chicago (2 in IL), Atlanta, Denver and Boston plus a northern Indiana were mentioned to me. The event I went to in Miami had folks from TX and AL so I believe we will see something there. Some one in Dallas must be getting one.

The long term mystery is will we have something that collectors will pay blood money to bring to their garages in a few years or will be get clanked on the head with depreciation. I am hoping for the former and am willing to risk some of the latter to have the LFA ownership experience.
Wow talk about similarities. I've read Tommy's posts on that other long thread you linked for me. This is one compulsive purchase for me, as was planning to pour my saving into Florida properties, but the LFA offer changed a lot of that plan.
It would be interesting to know where the other 150 units get allocated.
I think the LFA will at least holds it value over times due to the fact that there are only 500 units.
Old 04-19-10, 03:54 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

The current hot question on allocation
is regarding the US

If we get 170 there are about 150 cars
A's you mentioned for which the destnations are unknown

If we get 250 then ther are only 70 more
to account for

Europe and the Middle East must be absorbing
a decent slice of the LFA pie

That leaves one or two per country
for the remainder of units over the 50
plus countries being taken care of
Old 04-19-10, 05:07 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Im curious how many LFA's China and Hong Kong will get, many exotic buyers and people becoming wealthy there.