LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 08:28 AM
B Dot
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

The price is really bothering people. To me it doesnt matter because i cant afford it at 375k, 225k, or 100k I think they will probably sell all of these when it is released. People with money will buy something they want no matter the price. People said alot of the same things when the LS 600hl was released and that had solid sales intially although im not sure how it selling now.
Old 10-21-09, 08:31 AM
B Dot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Using your logic, for the 320-350K USD that the Pagani Zonda costs, it should be able to do all that, but it doesn't.

For the roughly 2 Million USD that the Veyron costs, it should be able to fly, cook dinner, and do my laundry .
+1 The Veyron is a beast no doubt but for what it costs is it worth it? After a certain price cars arent about whether it is worth it, its about rather you want it, and I think some people will want the LF-A.
Old 10-21-09, 08:32 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, there are 3 people in Queensland, Australia alone that are interested in buying the LFA.

Also FYI, there are no official 'Ring times of the car yet, for those of you who care, but a Toyota test driver said the car should easily be able to achieve a time in the low 7:2_ range.
Old 10-21-09, 08:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by joe80
$375k Lexus should

1. 0-60 sub 3.0 sec
2. 250mph
3. bugatti veyron beater
4. the best ring time by 10 sec.

now that justifies overcharging.
Yes I think they price it too high, but they don't have to justify anything as long as they can sell all 500 units of them at $375k.
I believe they must have done research on who their buyers will be, and actually know who many of them are already.
In the articles posted, they even say they will be careful to choose who are the people who are buying the LFA.

dude, seriously every car magazines and every enthusiasts will talk only about the insane price and not what a great car it is. this could actually hurt lexus' image.
There will always be haters, and those are the ones who will only talk about the price.
The real enthusiasts will talk about the performances regardless of whether they can afford/willing to buy the car at that price, & we won't know the performances it will achieve until the production car comes out in early 2011.
Old 10-21-09, 08:34 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by B Dot
+1 The Veyron is a beast no doubt but for what it costs is it worth it? After a certain price cars arent about whether it is worth it, its about rather you want it, and I think some people will want the LF-A.
A GT-R is also faster around the 'Ring than a Veyron, and handles better. What a pointless car the Veyron must be .

The LFA, like the Veyron is going to be a very emotional buy. The engine note alone is enough to sell the car for some people.
Old 10-21-09, 08:36 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI, there are 3 people in Queensland, Australia alone that are interested in buying the LFA.

Also FYI, there are no official 'Ring times of the car yet, for those of you who care, but a Toyota test driver said the car should easily be able to achieve a time in the low 7:2_ range.
Hey TRD, they bare releasing a LFA-R. It is going to be the race type with weight reduction ect, ect.
Old 10-21-09, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

The V10 engine is smaller than a conventional V8, including being smaller than the ISF's V8. The engine also weights about as much as a Honda V6. The engine revs from idle to 9000 RPM in 0.6 seconds. The engine is truly a marvel. Those comparing it to the M5's V10 don't know what they're talking about. The engine makes a minimum of 320 lb-ft of torque (peaks at 354 lb-ft at 6800 RPM) from 3700 to 9000 RPM. The torque curve over a range of 5300 RPM remains extremely flat. The engine even meets EURO 5 emissions !
see, now you are realizing the idea behind the design and innovations of this car. lexus has gone in a slightly different direction. no one knows if it's the best one, but imho it's the right one. people look at hp and tq and say blah, and to me that just shows how little they know and how badly nowadays' marketing has blinded them

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
And I am laughing so hard, you must be in the market for one then? If not what does the price of the LFA matter anyway?
i am laughing so bad as well. with those "spec", i don't even want to waste time looking for what cars can achieve them, and then the price tag. last time i checked the veyron (1st generation) and mclaren f1 were both over 1mil. and didn't we just have a recent thread about new veyron at 2mil?

but when it comes to lexus, no... they have to get those numbers (or better) for 200k

there are people with engineering and logical minds looking for reasonable requests, and then there are people just blindly asking for the best

anyway, congrats that you will be getting one dave, this is great news! when i read your previous post yesterday that your chance didn't look good i was bummed. but hopefully sooner than later you will get your car and i personally look forward to your opinions!
Old 10-21-09, 08:37 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

The LFA, like the Veyron is going to be a very emotional buy. The engine note alone is enough to sell the car for some people.
Exactly!!!!!!
Old 10-21-09, 08:42 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
see, now you are realizing the idea behind the design and innovations of this car. lexus has gone in a slightly different direction. no one knows if it's the best one, but imho it's the right one. people look at hp and tq and say blah, and to me that just shows how little they know and how badly nowadays' marketing has blinded them

i am laughing so bad as well. with those "spec", i don't even want to waste time looking for what cars can achieve them, and then the price tag. last time i checked the veyron (1st generation) and mclaren f1 were both over 1mil. and didn't we just have a recent thread about new veyron at 2mil?

but when it comes to lexus, no... they have to get those numbers (or better) for 200k

there are people with engineering and logical minds looking for reasonable requests, and then there are people just blindly asking for the best

anyway, congrats that you will be getting one dave, this is great news! when i read your previous post yesterday that your chance didn't look good i was bummed. but hopefully sooner than later you will get your car and i personally look forward to your opinions!
Thanks rominl, I just hope I can convey what this car really is like. (I don't even know what to expect, I just know that it should be great comming from lexus)
Old 10-21-09, 08:44 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****, that rear is damn ugly (i mean fugly)

@anyways:

Pros and cons (based on what I've seen so far)

Let's start then

Cons:
-Exterior design is a hit-or-miss (I guess white isn't the best color to show it off).
-I think the rear looks fugly (the size and placement of those air vents just ruin the rear-end design). You definitely DO NOT want this car if it is not in the color black

Pros:
-Three spoke muffler design (ala Gilette Mach 3 Turbo shaver) takes a step away from the conventional
-Nice interior (10+/10)
-Brand new engine (I think this is the first time for Lexus to use a V10; hope to see more evaluation and reviews about it)

Other comments:
-price is exorbitant but hey, Lexus said they're only gonna make a maximum of 500 units in its lifetime. They won't care about how fast it'll sell. With limited supply, Lexus won't be so concerned about meeting demand targets anyways.
-Rear-end IMHO is mother****ing ugly. For me, this is the WEAKEST attribute of the exterior design (which in itself is already a hit-or-miss).......

Anyways, that's just my two cents on this.

P.S.
Just getting some consensus and feedback here:

Who thinks the rear-end looks ugly?

Last edited by Blackraven; 10-21-09 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-21-09, 08:44 AM
B Dot
Intermediate

A GT-R is also faster around the 'Ring than a Veyron, and handles better. What a pointless car the Veyron must be .

Exactly The what I would buy instead of the LFA is getting tired to me already and they just released the specs lol people are like I rather buy a Ferrari 458 because its 200k, well why buy that when u could get a ZR1 for 100k? Why buy a ZR1 when I can get a GTR for 70k? WHy buy a GTR when I can get a Z06 and not have to worry about a 20k transmission exploding. It like a never ending cycle which I dont get. All of these cars are nice and worth it to someone so if you can afford it and u like it buy it, you only live once

If I could buy the LFA the sound would def have sold me
Old 10-21-09, 08:45 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

If a Japanese supercar costs $375k, I expect a pure world domination. but looks like lexus made a great car on par with many great supercars.

imagine nissan building a $375k car? it would probably destroy every car in the planet.

I think GTR spoiled me.
Old 10-21-09, 08:48 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Well this thread and discussion is JUST starting to get interesting...

I will add this for now... I commend Lexus for creating this machine. I would have been IMPRESSED however... To see it priced @ $200k and STILL best the GT-R's numbers. For all those crying about "But it's a different car with a different purpose." Oooookkkkkaaaay, I get that. But like it or not... Prepare for the onslaught of direct comparisons to the mighty GT-R or even a $100k ZR-1 as they have set the precedence for performance cars lately: Sports, Super AND Exotic.

Oh... I would have been even more impressed had Lexus dropped a GS-F with similar hp as the LF-A for @ $85-$95k. Why? I think we ALL know.
Old 10-21-09, 08:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

If a Japanese supercar costs $375k, I expect a pure world domination. but looks like lexus made a great car on par with many great supercars.

imagine nissan building a $375k car? it would probably destroy every car in the planet.

I think GTR spoiled me.
if nissan (infiniti) can do that, i don't mind. but get it out and i will see

add honda (acura) to the list too if you want
Old 10-21-09, 08:51 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

I think GTR spoiled me.
Quote of the Millennium!

Last edited by LexFather; 10-21-09 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)