LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-09, 01:40 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Two
The Stig in the LFA!!! Can't wait to see its Enzo beating time around the Top Gear track.

Still can't understand why Lexus wants to keep their 'Ring time so secretive though. Nissan, GM and Chrysler all gained a lot of respect by publishing their official 'Ring times. Why not Lexus? It can't be bad for marketing. If the LFA has really done better than 7:20 like the chief engineer said, what's Lexus waiting for? Hide the record in the closet until some other major manufacturer comes out with a supercar that does even better, and then claim to be second?

Edit:In the wet? That totally blows. Way to ruin it.
They did say it **might** be slower than the R500 (that's a Caterham in case you didn't know)... That implicitly means that it's be faster than the Zonda F, Bugatti, MC12, Enzo etc etc... on a WET track, is nothing to sneeze at.

Originally Posted by flipside909
This is the same LFA I drove in Miami!

http://tweetphoto.com/6124823
That just looks evily beautiful... droooooool
Old 12-09-09, 01:41 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Limited to 8500rpm only for the test drives at the press event (because not every car journalist is a capable driver), not for the real race, of course.

I doubt that they'll give the Stig a crippled LFA.
They were limited for the Nur 24hrs. That's what I meant.
Old 12-09-09, 01:45 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MR_F1
They were limited for the Nur 24hrs. That's what I meant.
Wow really I've never read about that. Does that somehow imply that this engine wouldn't have been reliable enough to last the 24-hour race if the rev limit weren't crippled?
Old 12-09-09, 01:48 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

If they beat the time of zonda F then i'll be very surprised. Zonda F is lighter and more hp so i can't wait to see this top gear episode.
Old 12-09-09, 02:02 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Wow really I've never read about that. Does that somehow imply that this engine wouldn't have been reliable enough to last the 24-hour race if the rev limit weren't crippled?
Are you just generally negative or trying to troll?

Maybe as a precaution they limited it, but hot lapping the nurburgring for 24hrs isn't exactly a walk in the park of any motor.
Old 12-09-09, 02:08 PM
xioix
Racer

If the LFA is only slightly slower than the Caterham R500 on the Top Gear test track I would be utterly astonished
Old 12-09-09, 02:10 PM
LexFather

Is it just me or its always raining there
Old 12-09-09, 02:21 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Are you just generally negative or trying to troll?

Maybe as a precaution they limited it, but hot lapping the nurburgring for 24hrs isn't exactly a walk in the park of any motor.
How is asking constructive and reasonable questions negative or trolling? Being a fan does not mean having to accept everything without questioning.

It's just surprising to me that Lexus would limit the rev when they claimed the purpose of entering the endurance race was to gather more data for bettering the production car. By limiting the rev the purpose is half lost IMHO.

I also wonder if any other participants did the same.

Last edited by Mister Two; 12-09-09 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-09-09, 02:32 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Is it just me or its always raining there
It's England

How is asking constructive and reasonable questions negative or trolling? Being a fan does not mean having to accept everything without questioning.

It's just surprising to me that Lexus would limit the rev when they claimed the purpose of entering the endurance race was to gather more data for bettering the production car. By limiting the rev the purpose is half lost IMHO.

I also wonder if any other participants did the same.
Would you rather they let the car rev to 9500 and risk having it overheat/fail at some point during a very public race?

Sorry If I was a bit harsh, but I take it you aren't into racing/endurance racing/ engineering in general?

Not sure if any participants had engines revving above 7000-8000rpm. You are welcomed to cross check the entry list and see what other cars where on there....
Old 12-09-09, 05:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The Global LFA Website: lexus-lfa.com now features sound clips of the LFA. Check it out!
Old 12-10-09, 10:01 PM
LexFather

Lovely flat black pics here
http://alrphotography.zenfolio.com/p991491408
Old 12-11-09, 09:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Lexus UK PR: SOUNDS SPECTACULAR Acoustic engineering creates Formula 1-inspired soun

SOUNDS SPECTACULAR
Acoustic engineering creates Formula 1-inspired soundtrack for Lexus LFA

KEY POINTS
  • Lexus LFA sounds as good as it drives thanks to Formula 1-inspired acoustic engineering.
  • Unique “soundtrack” changes as engine speed increases.
  • Acoustic channelling ensures those on board can enjoy the LFA’s aural qualities.
  • Listen to engine online now, sound library available at www.lexus-LFA.com.

Not only does the Lexus LFA deliver thoroughbred supercar performance, the sound it makes is every bit as thrilling. The acoustic performance of the V10 engine and exhaust system has been fine-tuned to create a unmistakeable “soundtrack” that rises from a rumbling note at idle to a nape-tingling red-line wail.

The acoustic team studied the noise made by a Formula 1 car at maximum revs, then applied detailed design features to create an exhaust note for the LFA that is unlike any other car on the road, enhancing the sensation of speed and acceleration.

The main silencer is made of titanium and has a valve-actuated, dual-stage structure that channels the exhaust flow according to engine speed. Up to 3,000rpm, the exhaust valve stays closed, routing the flow through multiple chambers, creating an unobtrusive note. Above 3,000rpm the valve opens, allowing the exhaust to bypass these chambers and flow into a single resonance chamber, before exiting through the stacked trio of tailpipes.

The V10’s induction system was also modified to complement the engine’s acoustic qualities. The uniquely formed horizontally split resin surge tank – a unique design – mimics the acoustic chamber of wind and string instruments: up to 4,000rpm it emits the engine’s primary firing frequency of 300Hz; this changes to 400 to 500Hz as the engine revs climb to 6,000rpm; and a peak is reached at 600Hz as the engine wails towards its 9,000rpm red line.

The air intake is made from a porous duct material to generate bass to mid-range tones. The LFA development team called this acoustic effect Resonated Complex Harmony.

The engine’s induction and exhaust soundtrack are channelled into the LFA’s cabin, so people on board can enjoy the experience as much as those on the outside. The main sound channel that pipes in the engine’s induction notes runs from the surge tank into the cabin below the main dashboard panel.

Two further sound channels run to an opening in the upper cowl on top of the dashboard structure and a reflector panel low down at the front of the cabin. Together with the primary sound channel, these put the driver at the centre of the LFA team calls the 3D Surround Sound Concept.

This thrilling acoustic performance of theV10 engine can now be heard online, available in the sound library at the dedicated LFA site www.lexus-LFA.com (Go to Gallery / Sounds).

Credit: Lexus UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNeHwmjcI7c

Old 12-13-09, 02:05 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Times Online Review
Old 12-13-09, 09:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Lexus LFA. The sound track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UHa...ayer_embedded#
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-official-lexus-lfa-photos-2.jpg   Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-official-lexus-lfa-photos-1.jpg   Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-09-10-30-lexus-lfa-f-badge-wallpaper.jpg  
Old 12-13-09, 09:56 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Yup.......it is very nice......I listen to this almost everyday.......amazing sound.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)