LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 10:26 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how the Porsche's wirey, on-edge character is "good for the soul" but the LFA "skitters" and "requires a quick brain".

At the end of the day these are only opinions so I'll leave it at that.
Old 09-29-10, 10:34 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I love how the Porsche's wirey, on-edge character is "good for the soul" but the LFA "skitters" and "requires a quick brain".

At the end of the day these are only opinions so I'll leave it at that.
Well Top Gear is famous after all for strong opinions (and a strong bias) .
Old 09-29-10, 02:07 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

Carbon fiber roof in this Japanese prototype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkUS2fu_m2k
Yea, definitely Taiwan, they're speaking Taiwanese.
Old 09-30-10, 09:20 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Ferrari 458 Italia vs SLS AMG vs R8 V10 vs Aston Martin vs Porsche 911 Turbo S in their first American comparo.

No LFA in this test, but it does show 458 Italia in American tests is looking far more realistic than the overhyped European tests where they were getting 11.0 seconds 1/4 mile out of the 458 Italia. Notice the SLS AMG and 458 Italia are nearly identical in their straight line acceleration.

I wonder if European magazines had been overhyping its numbers?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests
Old 09-30-10, 06:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/lexus...to-philippines

Lexus to send one LFA unit to Philippines
by Vernon B. Sarne 30 Sep 2010
Printer-Friendly Version

TopGear.com.ph Philippine Car News - Lexus LFA

PARIS--According to Toyota Motor Philippines' first vice president for vehicle sales, Raymond Rodriguez, exactly one unit of the very exotic Lexus LFA sports coupe will make its way to the Philippines. Lexus will only assemble a total of 500 units of the extremely exclusive two-seater, and many countries have only gotten an allocation of just one unit. The unit earmarked for the Philippines will be snapped up not by a private customer but by TMP itself, said Rodriguez on the eve of the opening of the Paris Motor Show.

The unit, shared Rodriguez, will be used for Lexus Manila's marketing initiatives and eventually parked at Lexus's lone showroom in the country, located at The Fort Global City in Taguig.

So why did TMP decide to buy the unit itself?

"It will be very expensive for a private buyer," explained Rodriguez. "The car sells for around $400,000 in the US. After taxes, it will cost double that amount in our market, bringing its price tag to P40 million."

While the LFA is almost always seen with a white paint job in official press photos, Rodriguez pointed out that it's actually available in various other colors. "You can, in fact, choose the color that you want. You can personalize it and specify swaths of cabin materials. No two LFAs will be identical."

And what color is TMP’s LFA going to be in?

"Red," revealed Rodriguez. The unit could make it to Manila as early as January 2011.

What if a really wealthy Filipino car enthusiast takes interest in the car?

"We'd probably consider selling it in the future," Rodriguez said. "But in the meantime, we'd like to keep it first and use it to serve as a halo car for the Lexus brand."
on one hand, it's good the lfa is going to more different countries / region / areas, i think that will help lexus.

on the other hand, when reading this article, 2 things hit me
- another proof that lexus can't sell all lfa, otherwise should have been all spoken for already by now
- lexus is contradicting themselves. since beginning they said they will only sell lfa to perspective people who will actually drive the cars, put them on the road, and show off the capability of the car. and now this lfa is going to TMP just sitting in the showroom
Old 09-30-10, 06:44 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

^ I really think if Lexus wanted to sell out the LFA in no time, all they'd have to do is move the allocation back to Japan.
Old 09-30-10, 06:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Damn, what a freakin tease that is! Wow.

You're definitely not alone on thinking they sold every model. Been a skeptic since day one. However I think your last bullet point is true only for the U.S. market.
Old 09-30-10, 07:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think so.

Look at the delivery date. They say it would be delivered in January 2011 (or thereabouts). Most of the allocations now are for the year 2012.

That means, they were one of the very early allocations of the LFA so I don't think this particular case is an afterthought.

Originally Posted by rominl
http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/lexus...to-philippines

on one hand, it's good the lfa is going to more different countries / region / areas, i think that will help lexus.

on the other hand, when reading this article, 2 things hit me
- another proof that lexus can't sell all lfa, otherwise should have been all spoken for already by now
- lexus is contradicting themselves. since beginning they said they will only sell lfa to perspective people who will actually drive the cars, put them on the road, and show off the capability of the car. and now this lfa is going to TMP just sitting in the showroom
Old 09-30-10, 07:41 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

I don't think so.

Look at the delivery date. They say it would be delivered in January 2011 (or thereabouts). Most of the allocations now are for the year 2012.

That means, they were one of the very early allocations of the LFA so I don't think this particular case is an afterthought.
I completely agree with you 05. I just got confirmation today that my car specs has been received in Japan, but the order has not been placed by Lexus Canada because I want it in mid/late 2012 .
I almost went with the dark wheels and red exterior just like the one in the picture.

Last edited by 07grIS350; 09-30-10 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-30-10, 11:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I don't think so.

lexus initially said they determine all the build dates and owners won't have a choice on when they get their cars. the fact that 07grIS350 can have that choice, sounds like a lot of slots to me. i actually heard from a few sources that some owners they ask to get later allocation as well (much like reasons why 07grIS350 asked so), if that's the case and lexus approves, early slots can still be open, especially for a car that's going to sit anyway.

i think i read in the beginning that lexus in principles wants this car to be sold to real drivers out there, having this car with TMP is somewhat a conflict regardless. plus from the beginning i think lexus said they will handle all the sales and make sure the cars reach owners' hands and not dealership (or similar entity), that's why all orders go back to japan and dealers don't handle anything. now lexus is very aware that this car goes to TMP.

i agree with MR_F1 though, if they want to move all allocation to japan, cars are done. but obviously they don't want to do that

GFerg, you probably right. looking at japanese market, it's a lottery not a selection. and it kind of make me think, why would they want to impose a lot of these "harsh" rules in the US market then, where they aren't able to sell all the cars like they do in japan?

of course, again, in no way am i discounting the car. it's a great car and performance wise i still think it will hang tight with other supercars out there. but when it comes down to their marketing and sales, and how reality sets in compared to the promises they made / claimed (which interest me more than anything), i think lexus hit a wall they didn't expect

Last edited by rominl; 10-01-10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-01-10, 01:32 AM
NissanGuy2
Driver School Candidate

Saw a yellow LFA at a local car show....listen to that rev -up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9WBHsXKe-c
Old 10-01-10, 01:51 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Look at all of the attention the LFA brought for Lexus, we are now considered competitors in the sports and exotic/supercar market and people have opened their eyes to how great and commanding the LFA really is (compared to the beginning when everybody scoffed at the joke of the LFA).

I strongly believe that the LFA will continue to do the same for the Philippines.
Old 10-01-10, 04:50 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
lexus initially said they determine all the build dates and owners won't have a choice on when they get their cars. the fact that 07grIS350 can have that choice, sounds like a lot of slots to me. i actually heard from a few sources that some owners they ask to get later allocation as well (much like reasons why 07grIS350 asked so), if that's the case and lexus approves, early slots can still be open, especially for a car that's going to sit anyway.

i think i read in the beginning that lexus in principles wants this car to be sold to real drivers out there, having this car with TMP is somewhat a conflict regardless. plus from the beginning i think lexus said they will handle all the sales and make sure the cars reach owners' hands and not dealership (or similar entity), that's why all orders go back to japan and dealers don't handle anything. now lexus is very aware that this car goes to TMP.

i agree with MR_F1 though, if they want to move all allocation to japan, cars are done. but obviously they don't want to do that

GFerg, you probably right. looking at japanese market, it's a lottery not a selection. and it kind of make me think, why would they want to impose a lot of these "harsh" rules in the US market then, where they aren't able to sell all the cars like they do in japan?

of course, again, in no way am i discounting the car. it's a great car and performance wise i still think it will hang tight with other supercars out there. but when it comes down to their marketing and sales, and how reality sets in compared to the promises they made / claimed (which interest me more than anything), i think lexus hit a wall they didn't expect
There is no official approval from Lexus in regards to picking delivery slots. The way to do it is as I described in my previous post. The later the official order goes in, the later the delivery. To get a car in Jan '11, I am pretty sure the order has to be in back in March/April of this year. However, you never know exactly what happened behind the scene.

Last edited by 07grIS350; 10-01-10 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-01-10, 05:05 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by G Star
Look at all of the attention the LFA brought for Lexus, we are now considered competitors in the sports and exotic/supercar market and people have opened their eyes to how great and commanding the LFA really is (compared to the beginning when everybody scoffed at the joke of the LFA).

I strongly believe that the LFA will continue to do the same for the Philippines.
I love what the LFA is doing for Lexus (or is it the other way around?) I think it will get better when production starts.
Old 10-01-10, 07:27 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

That is how typically it happens. It would not make much sense if the order far late almost in the final stage had a choice to be one of the first batch to receive.

There are lots of markets where if Lexus moves the remaining few LFA, it would be all sold-out. However, Lexus is adamant about selling the remaining few in US.

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
There is no official approval from Lexus in regards to picking delivery slots. The way to do it is as I described in my previous post. The later the official order goes in, the later the delivery. To get a car in Jan '11, I am pretty sure the order has to be in back in March/April of this year. However, you never know exactly what happened behind the scene.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-01-10 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)