LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-10, 07:58 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Tanner foust isn't an obnoxious euro snob! lol- I donno, but to me the european reviews make the Lexus seem unworthy, we all know it's not. It's like they sandbag the LFA in their comparisons. Either that or they just don't know how to drive it (my guess is their noses were so up in the air they didn't bother finding out more and just took the keys). I don't think that video has Tanner reaching all the way through 3rd but it's definitely going close to 8000rpm.
Old 09-05-10, 09:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

The first white European prototype arriving in England (last year):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NObxt...ger_r2-2r-6-HM
Old 09-06-10, 04:19 AM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Well Tanner foust isn't an obnoxious euro snob! lol- I donno, but to me the european reviews make the Lexus seem unworthy, we all know it's not. It's like they sandbag the LFA in their comparisons. Either that or they just don't know how to drive it (my guess is their noses were so up in the air they didn't bother finding out more and just took the keys). I don't think that video has Tanner reaching all the way through 3rd but it's definitely going close to 8000rpm.
Tanner daily drives a supercharged Toyota Tundra
Old 09-08-10, 01:06 PM
LexFather

If you have not, go to your local bookstore and pick up the September issue of Top Gear. They test the LFA, 458, GT3 RS, SLS , Gallardo Supperleggra together.

They call it "the 2010 class is the greatest class ever".

Tons of glowing praise for the LFA and GASP, it seems to be the STIG's FAVORITE!

McLaren even showed up with their new car with a name so silly and long I can't remember it

Nice pics, great issue

Stig on the LFA

"Amazing track weapon.... super-stiff chassis makes it extremely sensitive to inputs...V10 engine has power and delivery to make the most of that...brakes powerful but don't interfere...lots of grip in slow and fast corners..food balance into...through, out of corners. What's Lexus-does it also make fridges?"

Old 09-08-10, 02:02 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stig knows what he's talking about being a racer. The LFA is the most track worthy car there. It was built for the track. Like the LFA chief said before. Some people take their road car to the racetrack, were taking our race car to the road.
Old 09-08-10, 06:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

So no new dry lap of LFA? Any other tests such as, acceleration etc.?

What were the test results? Is it possible to scan the article? I just came back from local bookstores and the are a month behind. August issue sitting there.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If you have not, go to your local bookstore and pick up the September issue of Top Gear. They test the LFA, 458, GT3 RS, SLS , Gallardo Supperleggra together.

They call it "the 2010 class is the greatest class ever".

Tons of glowing praise for the LFA and GASP, it seems to be the STIG's FAVORITE!

McLaren even showed up with their new car with a name so silly and long I can't remember it

Nice pics, great issue

Stig on the LFA

"Amazing track weapon.... super-stiff chassis makes it extremely sensitive to inputs...V10 engine has power and delivery to make the most of that...brakes powerful but don't interfere...lots of grip in slow and fast corners..food balance into...through, out of corners. What's Lexus-does it also make fridges?"

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-08-10 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-08-10, 07:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TF109B
The stig knows what he's talking about being a racer. The LFA is the most track worthy car there. It was built for the track. Like the LFA chief said before. Some people take their road car to the racetrack, were taking our race car to the road.
They raved over it and Stiggy really seems to like it for being a rare car that takes you to your drivers limit.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
So no new dry lap of LFA? Any other tests such as, acceleration etc.?

What were the test results? Is it possible to scan the article? I just came back from local bookstores and the are a month behind. August issue sitting there.
Sorry I don't scan anymore. Its not on their website yet either.

They did not re-test it. The 458 pulled a 1:19.8 which was fastest out the others. The SLS was slowest at a 1:21.6. So the LFA with the record lap time of 1:22.8 would easily pass it in the dry

Stats from Top Gear
LFA
Price E-336,000
Weight-1580kg
0-62-3.7

Also from Top Gear "Its a Stig type of car"

This was amazing to read

"But it's also the number one crowd-stopper and though not all the people we speak to like it, everyone wants to know what it is".
Old 09-08-10, 07:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The 458 Italia lap time is from the episode where they reviewed it. Does not seem it was tested again.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
They raved over it and Stiggy really seems to like it for being a rare car that takes you to your drivers limit.

Sorry I don't scan anymore. Its not on their website yet either.

They did not re-test it. The 458 pulled a 1:19.8 which was fastest out the others. The SLS was slowest at a 1:21.6. So the LFA with the record lap time of 1:22.8 would easily pass it in the dry

Stats from Top Gear
LFA
Price E-336,000
Weight-1580kg
0-62-3.7

Also from Top Gear "Its a Stig type of car"

This was amazing to read

"But it's also the number one crowd-stopper and though not all the people we speak to like it, everyone wants to know what it is".
Old 09-08-10, 08:01 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

^Seriously I think the fact that Top Gear did not bother to retest the LFA for a dry lap time proves again that those guys are not real car enthusiasts, but simply crowd-pleasing comedians. Any real car guy, given a second chance, would've been dying to find out about the LFA's true potential after the "unfortunate" wet track in the first time around. But nooo, they only had time to run dry laps for the other cars, but didn't have time to do the same for the LFA? I don't buy that. Saying Stig likes the LFA and that it's the number one crowd-stopper is feel-good and all but in the end of the day they just would not allow the LFA to be given a fair shot at the Powerboard. And it's not like the LFA doesn't have the potential to be worth a retest if what they say about wet laps being generally 4-5 seconds slower than dry laps is true, so why would they not be dying to find out?

Again I'm saddened and disgusted by how Top Gear is run by mere comedians and yet most people regard them as one of the most reputed car shows/magazines. The sad truth is that, fluffy words are soon to be disregarded and forgotten, while it's only the hard numbers that will stay on.

Last edited by Mister Two; 09-08-10 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-08-10, 08:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Seeing Hammond continuously saying "it was very very wet out there" and even Clarkson himself said "Stig is gingerly modulating the throttle around corners", it was far from what LFA was truly capable.

I would tend to agree with you that LFA should have run a fair, good dry run and the 458 Italia time would easily have been beaten.

Originally Posted by Mister Two
^Seriously I think the fact that Top Gear did not bother to retest the LFA for a dry lap time proves again that those guys are not real car enthusiasts, but simply crowd-pleasing comedians. Any real car guy, given a second chance, would've been dying to find out about the LFA's true potential after the "unfortunate" wet track in the first time around, but nooo, they only had time to run dry laps for the other cars, but didn't have time to do the same for the LFA? I don't buy that. Saying Stig likes the LFA and that it's the number one crowd-stopper is feel-good and all but in the end of the day they just would not give the LFA a fair shot to shine on the Powerboard. The sad truth is that, fluffy words like those are soon to be disregarded, while it's only the hard numbers that will stay on. Again I'm saddened and disgusted by how Top Gear is run by mere comedians and yet most people regard them as one of the most reputed car shows/magazines.
Old 09-09-10, 05:04 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Just saw a new LFA commercial. A little bit of the old broken glass, and a lot of race track footage. It was good.
Old 09-09-10, 05:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GFerg
Just saw a new LFA commercial. A little bit of the old broken glass, and a lot of race track footage. It was good.
That's what I am talking about. Lots of screaming V10, lots of sideways drifting, lots of smoke, the tachometer racing towards 9500 rpm, spoiler coming out of the trunk. That is what Lexus needs to show.

That is what Lexus needs to show once every hour on TV to get the sound of that V10 in people's head like they could never get out of their heads.
Old 09-09-10, 07:49 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Yea that was the focus of the commercial. Magnified engine noise and something about how Yamaha helped tune the note. SOme track footage, then a couple flashes of the old commercial with the glass breaking and the tachometer hitting red line in between.

I looked for it on youtube, but I guess I just got lucky. It'll probably pop up in the coming days.
Old 09-10-10, 07:53 PM
JessePS

Did anyone figure out any sort of predictions/guestimation, what a used Lexus LFA will go for in 2014/2015?

Last edited by JessePS; 09-11-10 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-10-10, 08:21 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saying....4:13-4:21 of this video still puts goosebumps all over my body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R-oi91bd4

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)