LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Old 06-22-10, 09:40 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you. It's not as if the LFA is a tuner car, that it is not. It's a supercar, and an exotic. These parts don't even look the same as the Nurb. edition. I mean, you can clearly see the difference in the size of the canards on the front bumper. I'm betting the paint is covering carbon fiber pieces on the roof the boot and the hood. But the thing is, I thought the skin or body panels were already carbon fiber? Maybe it's a different type? Dry carbon? I think Dry carbon is lighter weight, but not as strong? I'm not too sure, but i think the paint could be covering things that aren't yet finalized. That's my take on it. Also, did anyone notice the winglets AREN'T screwed on? As in, they aren't 'cheap' looking anymore like people have been complaining about.
Old 06-23-10, 08:57 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TF109B
Thank you. It's not as if the LFA is a tuner car, that it is not. It's a supercar, and an exotic. These parts don't even look the same as the Nurb. edition. I mean, you can clearly see the difference in the size of the canards on the front bumper. I'm betting the paint is covering carbon fiber pieces on the roof the boot and the hood. But the thing is, I thought the skin or body panels were already carbon fiber? Maybe it's a different type? Dry carbon? I think Dry carbon is lighter weight, but not as strong? I'm not too sure, but i think the paint could be covering things that aren't yet finalized. That's my take on it. Also, did anyone notice the winglets AREN'T screwed on? As in, they aren't 'cheap' looking anymore like people have been complaining about.
I was under the impression dry carbon was stronger and lighter but more labor intensive and also lacks a good looking pattern.
Old 06-23-10, 08:59 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Just a reminder of what the official ring edition looks like. Its quite clear that they are testing parts, however I'm still in love with the black pillars and roof. I hope they consider that as a color option as well. I'm thinking all white with the black top would look killer.

The blue color is very nice as well. I and I am assuming others have suspected that the blue car was probably one of the first official pre production cars as that car was used in the Lexus teaser pics last year.

Old 06-23-10, 09:23 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about some smaller mirrors for the ring edition? (and yes, I know the ones that are there serve an aerodynamic function)
Old 06-23-10, 11:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

by AdrianXT. RIP......

Very very sad news. Makes me wonder if there was something wrong with the safety systems in this particular LFA.

The structure of both cars look OK, doesn't look like this was a particularly fast impact? The BMW drivers initially survived.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/23/b...-germany-ring/

EDIT: On-scene video: [url]http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/regionales_artikel,-BoosNuerburgring-Chef-Testingenieur-stirbt-bei-Unfall-mit-S
Old 06-23-10, 01:49 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ The LFA driver Hiromu Naruse was 67 years old, maybe thats why he did not survive the crash. RIP
Old 06-23-10, 02:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Here is my ride with Naruse-san back in October in Miami in the LFA. I got a chance to meet him and "TEAM LFA" during the long lead press event for the LFA. He has had a long history with Toyota and the development of Lexus and Toyota products. He will be sorely missed.

VIDEO: 10-21-09 LFA Press Preview - Flipside909 Exclusive - HIROMU NARUSE

Here are some pics of Naruse-san in Miami...

Here he is taking a break in between hotlaps:

This is a pic of me, Naruse-san, Scott Pruett and my good friend and co-hort Joaquin (my.IS Editor) in front of the European loaned White LFA.

R.I.P. Hiromu Naruse
Old 06-23-10, 02:50 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Potential impact to LFA program from tragic Naruse crash?

1 The tragic LFA accident resulted in loss of lives

2 The facts are yet to be known

3 I am a long standing LFA supporter
and am starting the thread to see how
folks see the program impacted from
the tragedy

The context here is Toyota has been coming
off the accelerator recalls with the associated
safety/corporate perception challenges

The LFA is a halo car

Now toyota has to manage issues like;
is the car safe in a crash, is there a design
issue that led to the crash and will the
fact that the crash happened regardless
of reason lead to current customers
with deposits in to cancelled their orders

I would expect Toyota will do a significant
investigation, make some revisions to
the car and delay the release

Regarding the spectrum of potential outcomes, dO you folks think the schedule will be unchanged or that the whole program is
at risk
Old 06-23-10, 02:55 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think if they delay it with tweaks it will look bad since there are so much press focused on this, if they blame it on driver error and unsafe speeds then it might slide.

I remember a while back Porsche lost one of their top test drivers in their new 911 turbo. Didn't impact them one bit.
Old 06-23-10, 02:56 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on whether it was a mechanical failure or if Naruse possible had a medical complication that caused the crash.
Old 06-23-10, 03:02 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Too early to say. But being a test driver at this level is a dangerous profession.
Old 06-23-10, 03:40 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

WoW this is VERY sad news!!!!!

Joe Z
Old 06-23-10, 11:28 PM
LexFather

RIP.....very sad.....
Old 06-24-10, 06:43 AM
Koma

I wouldn't assume anything about the crash yet. We have no idea what happened, I'm sure Toyota is investigating heavily.

Rest in peace Naruse, your legacy will live on through the enthusiasts.
Old 06-30-10, 08:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default Couple of video reviews of LFA

Glowing review of the LFA.

A few things to observe:

- Notice the amazing throttle response as the driver feels the rapid jerks while feathering the throttle over 70+ mph. Chris Harris had already called it the best throttle response he has ever felt next to Porsche Carrera GT.

- Even shifting well below 9000 rpm, went sideways in 2nd gear with full traction control off.

- He never really revs it all the way up to 9000 - 9500 rpm in the entire video. Maximum 7500 - 8000 rpm from the sound of the car.

- The cool spoiler deploying in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kiKt...ext=1&index=33

Chris Harris of Evo magazine review:

(The coolest analogy I have ever heard regarding 'X car being 3 times the car that 'Y' is because it costs 3 times more). One thing to notice is that LF-A actually turned in almost the same time in the complete wet as the Ferrari 599 GTB did in the complete dry on Top Gear by The Stig so yes LFA is much faster than the $350,000 Ferrari 599 GTB around a race track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeNJwS3coLk

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-30-10 at 08:17 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)