Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA For sale!! 2008 lexus isf w/ many extras!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-16, 08:57 AM
DatMattLeX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
My opinion. I think this is something that should be sent private message. Many cars have had "repair" work done to them. If it is done properly I don't think it is a an issue. A bumper in my opinion, is harldy anything to scoff at. Maybe someone backed into him or ran into him. And he wanted the car perfect. Moisture in the headlight???? Come on really? Car has 70k miles on it not 700.
I do agree - as mentioned, I would never allow my car to be with dings or any show of wear that can be fixed with something as simple as a re-finish, touch up, etc.
Having had owned many high end cars throughout my life, I know that once you let things go once, you let them go the 2nd time and before you know it, your car is nice from down the street but close up, tells everyone you do not car.

While the age of a car certainly plays a huge role in how much you can do really, taking care of any issues right away has always been my goal.

And yes, the moisture, that is something we can rarely control, but once it does occur, we can fix rather simply.
Old 06-20-16, 09:49 AM
DatMattLeX
Driver School Candidate

if anyone has any questions, please PM me or post. As mentioned, I offer the official lexus history records to anyone who asks.
Old 06-20-16, 09:54 AM
DatMattLeX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoliathGio
Going off the lexus service records*

Did you get the moisture issue fixed on the headlight?

Which bumper, or have both been repainted? It mentioned some holes or damage and the owner requesting a respray. I can see the rear bumper color looks a little different than the rest of the car. Might just be the pics though.

Also, lien reported last year. Is it paid off?

Thanks.
did not mention the lien, I am not aware of this, it certainly has nothing on its records I am aware of, this maybe occurred before I purchased the car? We walked into the credit union, exchanged money, and no hold up on any end
Old 06-20-16, 03:09 PM
99amgc43
Driver School Candidate

I understand your comment and I'm genuinely interested in the car. 70k miles or 700 doesn't matter, I'm not nit picking just curious and there's no harm in talking about public information in a public forum.
If it were $5k under every book value then I could care less if it even had bumpers. But it is $5k over private party and even above retail so things like that do matter to me.
lol, i hate buyers like this... spitting out kbb values instead of market values. Years ago kbb priced out my 92 nsx as $22k...

kbb is based upon an algorithm of depreciation... it does not really apply to the real world

Clean car, well priced at the $28k obo
Old 06-20-16, 03:20 PM
GoliathGio
Driver School Candidate

Wrong. It's not just based on that. http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/articl...e-book-values/

Where did I mention KBB specifically? I said book values, meaning KBB, Edmunds, NADA/ Black Book.

I should I mention I have 10 years in automotive as a sales manager. No, I can't buy one at the auction. My current dealer is a franchised dealer. So trust me when I say I also hate people who quote kbb. Anything produced in the last 10 years usually does have a strong correlation with at least one value source though. Although not as common, we're not talking about a car with numbered sub 1000 production units here either. It's an 08 ISF

You can't compare or use the 25 year old Japanese cars.
My 94 Ls swapped Rx7, and 3- MK2 mr2s don't follow book values but I'm not trying to buy them again, am I? And when I sell my 05 6 speed M3 (not as common as an SMG) I'll still have to be somewhat realistic since someone will probably still be financing it.

Anyways, OP responded to my concerns, thanks.

Last edited by GoliathGio; 06-20-16 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-25-16, 12:52 AM
ItWasntMe
Rookie

Car looks great! Good luck with sale
Old 06-29-16, 01:35 PM
99amgc43
Driver School Candidate

Wrong. It's not just based on that. http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/articl...e-book-values/

Where did I mention KBB specifically? I said book values, meaning KBB, Edmunds, NADA/ Black Book.

I should I mention I have 10 years in automotive as a sales manager. No, I can't buy one at the auction. My current dealer is a franchised dealer. So trust me when I say I also hate people who quote kbb. Anything produced in the last 10 years usually does have a strong correlation with at least one value source though. Although not as common, we're not talking about a car with numbered sub 1000 production units here either. It's an 08 ISF

You can't compare or use the 25 year old Japanese cars.
My 94 Ls swapped Rx7, and 3- MK2 mr2s don't follow book values but I'm not trying to buy them again, am I? And when I sell my 05 6 speed M3 (not as common as an SMG) I'll still have to be somewhat realistic since someone will probably still be financing it.

Anyways, OP responded to my concerns, thanks.
You swapped a B18b motor into a 94 RX-7?
Old 06-29-16, 01:56 PM
GoliathGio
Driver School Candidate

El Es Juan
Old 07-06-16, 11:49 AM
Jesse350IS
Driver School Candidate

Wish this was posted a month ago I would of definitely made the move. Unfortunately I purchased a 2014 IS haha.

GLWS, great looking car for a great price.
Old 07-06-16, 12:13 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the cleanest MM ISFs I have ever seen. Wish I had the funds, I'd jump on this and make it my DD!
Old 07-09-16, 10:17 PM
Tom2769
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Bump for a sharp isf...
Old 07-11-16, 11:40 AM
DatMattLeX
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to inform everyone vehicle is still available, just sitting pretty in my garage

I appreciate all the kind words folk and the friendly bumps!!
Old 08-01-16, 08:24 AM
DatMattLeX
Driver School Candidate

Car has been sold.