Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

NC '92 Lexus SC400. Stock. 64,000 miles. Complete maintenance history.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-16, 10:18 AM
VOrteneau
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '92 Lexus SC400. Stock. 64,000 miles. Complete maintenance history.

Hi y'all,

Sad to say that with only one garage space, I have to sell this beauty to make room for my daily. I think it's a pretty special ride.

I've owned it since May of 2015. Two owners prior to that; someone in Texas had it for one year when it was first purchased, from then until '15 it was owned by a retired psychiatrist (he was in his 90s when I bought it from him) who used it as a backup for his collection of Supras.

This is noteworthy because, over that 20+ year period, he drove it meticulously and consistently. Unlike other low-mileage oldies, it's never sat. He changed the fluids yearly, no matter how much he drove it, and generally went above and beyond with maintenance items. Additionally, he saved everything, so included with the car is a manila folder detailing a lifetime of consistent service.

He had not done the timing belt when I bought it from him, so we took it to his preferred mechanic in Austin Tx and had that completed, before I drove it back to NC. He'd also had new struts installed in the past year, so the ride was as smooth as I'd ever felt in an SC.

I bought it from him with about 40k on the odo and promptly drove it everywhere. Road trips from NC to Florida, to Maine, to Colorado. I put 22k on it in 10 months before I bought my current daily and garaged the SC, taking it out on sunny weekends every now and then. During my ownership, I've serviced it at Phil's Toy Store, a highly-recommended Lexus specialty mechanic in Raleigh. It hasn't needed anything beyond routine maintenance, along with a sensor or two. I've saved these records as well.

Mechanically, the car is flawless. No leaks, no rust, etc. The only feature that isn't working properly are the automatic mirror adjustors; they were broken when I got the car, and it never made sense to me to pay the $600 I was quoted to repair them when I manually adjusted them once, and haven't needed to since.

Cosmetically, 9/10. In the 25k I've put on it, it's picked up the normal signs of highway use, but nothing significant. There is not a thing on the car that couldn't be buffed out.

I said stock in the title...that's almost entirely true. The audio system has been upgraded, the previous owner had installed a Kenwood unit in 2004, which I replaced with a more modern system, for bluetooth/USB functionality. Additionally, a 1000-watt amp and Hertz speakers in the front/rear. The original head unit is not available, but the CD changer is, would just need to be reinstalled, if you're the nostalgic type.

Asking $7,500, OBO. Willing to bring it to you if you're a ways away, I'm always game for one more road trip.

Old 01-28-16, 10:20 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

wow that is one clean car... GLWS... no one would ever think that is a 24 year old car...
Old 01-31-16, 07:43 AM
mmartin061
banned

This car almost makes me want to forgo my search for an ISF. Still looking and waiting for things to fall into place.
Old 02-04-16, 10:04 AM
VOrteneau
Driver School Candidate

Bump. $7,000 now.