Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

AZ 1998 SC300, 2JZ-GTE, 6spd, Single Turbo, Black on Black

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-15, 10:54 PM
98SC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 1998 SC300, 2JZ-GTE, 6spd, Single Turbo, Black on Black

Update: Car is temporarily off the market as I'm going to be traveling for work. I'm also debating fixing the synchro and putting in larger injectors to help the sale and up the value. For those of you that have been in contact with me I'll still be available via email, text and CL. Thanks!

Big price drop! Was $13.5, now only $11! I'm tired of haggling with people and have some work related reasons to move it quickly. I don't think there are many other 2jz-gte 6spd cars out there for this price.

Hi all, I thought this day would never come but my interests have changed and I need money for home remodeling so it's time to sell my baby.

Car is a 98 SC300, original black on black color combo, clean title, clean carfax, etc. I've owned the car since it was stock and it's a clean SC. No rust, has been in AZ or CA it's whole life. No accident history. Interior is nice and the original black leather is still good. 176k miles on the clock with only about 9k of those after the swap. Paint is original and still shiny but starting to show some wear, especially on the front bumper cover where there's a lot of stone nicks. The good about that is there's no hidden body damage that's been repaired under a nice new paint job, what you see is what you get.

Upgrades/Swap parts:
2JZ-GTE VVTi from an Aristo
Motor was opened, inspected and new gaskets and ARP head studs installed
6 speed Getrag V160 trans from a Supra TT
6 speed conversion hardware purchased new from Toyota
JDM Supra VVTi 6spd ECU
Supra TT fuel pump
Custom 3" to dual 2.5" exhaust
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit
Large Greddy intercooler
Custom aluminum intercooler piping
Apexi boost controller
Greddy pillar mount boost gauge
AEM UEGO wideband
Greddy BCC
HKS speed cut defender
Tokico springs and shocks installed.
HKS coilovers not installed and needing a rebuild I"ll include for free
Koyo aluminum radiator
Lots of other new parts related to the swap

Car runs strong and reliable, I just did a 300 mile road trip this weekend. The only mechanical issue is a grind when shifting into 4th gear at higher rpm's. Note that this only happens at higher rpm's and if you baby it or double clutch it's OK. Also, 4th gear still works fine once you're in it which leads me to believe it's only a synchro and I've reduced the price accordingly.

Car is located in Flagstaff Arizona and I'm willing tor drive a little bit to meet a serious buyer. Also, just more about me: Back when I first started this project in 2009/2010 I was a little more active on Club Lexus but never a big poster then I pretty much went dormant here. I've returned because I'd like to see another member pick up this car that's as passionate as I once was in enjoying it and continuing the never ending mod process. Feel free to ask me any questions as I'm sure I'm leaving some details out considering the extent of the work that's been done.

$11,000

Thanks,
Phil
Attached Thumbnails 1998 SC300, 2JZ-GTE, 6spd, Single Turbo, Black on Black-scfrontside.jpg   1998 SC300, 2JZ-GTE, 6spd, Single Turbo, Black on Black-scunderhood.jpg   1998 SC300, 2JZ-GTE, 6spd, Single Turbo, Black on Black-scdash.jpg  

Last edited by 98SC; 10-18-15 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-05-15, 08:56 PM
wusupra
Driver

what ecu are you running?
Old 10-05-15, 09:59 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kinda numbers are you putting down?
Old 10-06-15, 09:02 PM
98SC
Rookie

Originally Posted by wusupra
what ecu are you running?
Currently I'm running a JDM Supra vvti 6spd ecu. I've also got a gte auto ecu and the stock sc300 ecu that go with the car depending on what direction someone wants to take it.
Old 10-06-15, 09:05 PM
98SC
Rookie

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
What kinda numbers are you putting down?
Good question... I've never dynoed it and since I built it as more of a high speed freeway cruiser I haven't taken it to the track either.
Old 10-06-15, 09:18 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would so trade my 1997 5speed plus like 4.5k I've got saved up for this thing. Looks very clean man Why are you getting rid of it?
Old 10-08-15, 11:57 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

pm me, need to know what's your lowest price you can go. thanks
Old 10-09-15, 01:58 AM
soloist3
Driver

Such a great car, I texted the OP about it for awhile. I currently have an IS350 and would have to flip that car to pick this up, but it's hard for me to justify as where I live I would need it to be OBDII compliant, which means running a piggyback, no big deal really but it's a lot of "if's" what with selling the 350, might just keep the 350. Boy would it ever be a fantastic car to own though...if he still has it the next time I head up to Flag (went to NAU up there, still have friends there) I will definitely have to check it out
Old 10-11-15, 09:48 AM
98SC
Rookie

Originally Posted by soloist3
Such a great car, I texted the OP about it for awhile. I currently have an IS350 and would have to flip that car to pick this up, but it's hard for me to justify as where I live I would need it to be OBDII compliant, which means running a piggyback, no big deal really but it's a lot of "if's" what with selling the 350, might just keep the 350. Boy would it ever be a fantastic car to own though...if he still has it the next time I head up to Flag (went to NAU up there, still have friends there) I will definitely have to check it out
Thanks, and yes let me know next time you're up in Flag. I'd be happy to show you the car if I still have it. Can't fault your decision, I'd have a hard time giving up an IS350 also!

I've got a guy trying to coordinate meeting today to see it... We'll see what happens.
Old 10-11-15, 08:09 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

How the hell is this thing not sold yet?
Old 10-12-15, 11:20 AM
jasonlee
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn...Only if you were in Cali...
Old 10-12-15, 05:31 PM
98SC
Rookie

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
How the hell is this thing not sold yet?
LOL, good question. From what I've seen it's the lowest price swap with a 6spd that I've seen. You couldn't buy the parts for my asking price let alone the endless hours of labor and fabrication. Heck I even did things like painting the engine block with 2 component paint (not rattle can) and powder coating the intake manifold and valve cover.

Anyway, I'm almost to the point of second guessing the sale at this price and holding onto the car for a while more. Decisions, decisions. How many people have sold their modded Lexus and later regretted it?
Old 10-13-15, 11:42 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

2jzgte vvti is somewhat hard to tuned, in my opinion. darn, i wish it was a non vvti phil and i'll be over this. to reach it's potential power close to 500hp, need to upgrade injectors and get a standalone ecu.
Old 10-14-15, 08:23 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 98SC
LOL, good question. From what I've seen it's the lowest price swap with a 6spd that I've seen. You couldn't buy the parts for my asking price let alone the endless hours of labor and fabrication. Heck I even did things like painting the engine block with 2 component paint (not rattle can) and powder coating the intake manifold and valve cover.

Anyway, I'm almost to the point of second guessing the sale at this price and holding onto the car for a while more. Decisions, decisions. How many people have sold their modded Lexus and later regretted it?
Hate to clutter your thread, but would urge you to keep it. Although, t's definitely a steal for anyone that does purchase it .

Very nice and clean. If I didn't have my SC, you could consider this sold..
Old 10-14-15, 02:07 PM
starlet119
Driver School Candidate

phone number?? have not gotten a response from the seller, interested.

Quick Reply: AZ 1998 SC300, 2JZ-GTE, 6spd, Single Turbo, Black on Black