Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CAN-Other FS - Halifax - 1996 SC400 - $7,000 CDN

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-15, 10:15 PM
BlaXXXima
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS - Halifax - 1996 SC400 - $7,000 CDN

Looking to sell my 1996 SC400. Car is in fantastic condition for a 1996. Black on black leather, GS400 rims, with wood trim interior. 187,300 kms.

I'm the 4th owner. My dad had the car before I did. I've had it since 2011, and put about 15,000 km on it in those 3 years (stored in winters).

Reason for selling: Need to clear space in the driveway - have several cars, and this one isn't being driven. Someone else should be enjoying it.

Car handles beautifully, has great pick up, and is smooth as butter in the corners. It's gorgeous and will turn heads. V8 engine sounds great, but subtle. I absolutely love the car and it has sentimental value for me, but I don't drive it enough.

I want you to know what you're dealing with with this car, so here's the intel:

Recent work / maintenance:
- Power windows / mirrors / seats. Heated seats. A/C.
- Timing belt replaced at 169,000 km, along with all fluids
- Alternator: 174,000
- Rear tires: new at 172,400
- Front tires: brand new Continental Extreme @ 186,300
- Oil and filter @ 186,300
- Battery: Brand new @ 187,000
- Crank position sensor: new @ 187,000
- Radio modified to allow you to plug in mp3 player and play MP3s.

All service records since dad purchased it. Previously serviced at Tony Graham Lexus Toyota in Ottawa.

Known issues:
- Air conditioner line has a small leak somewhere. A/C will need to be topped up every 2-3 years. Cost ~ $200
- Car has a phantom draw somewhere, and needs to be put on a battery tender if you're leaving it parked for long periods of time. Brand new battery in the car, and currently on the battery tender.
- Right rear rim lost air over the winter. Suspect a small bend in the rim that causes air loss when sitting for long periods of time. No impact on driving. May need occasional refills. I don't suspect a puncture, but if there is one, I'll pay to have it repaired. I filled it up about 2 weeks ago, and it's still firm.
- Paint is in good shape. Previous owners had some chips repaired which are visible if you're a meticulous detailer, and there are some scratches you'd expect from a 17 year old car. Rear spoiler not perfect, but no rust.
- Interior is in great shape. One blemish on the wood grain on the dash, and a mark on the back seat but otherwise look great.

Dad hit a deer with it @ 160,000. New hood, and repair to front end including replacement of lights. Shows up on CarProof, but was repaired by Toyota in Ottawa. See the report here: https://reports.carproof.com/main?id...T0DQZr%2fTwSMB

Look, if you're interested in the car, you obviously know what you're looking for: a beautiful coupe that can get up and go, and is great in town or cruising on the highway. The issues it has are minor, and easily managed.

More pics available upon request.

Last edited by BlaXXXima; 06-09-15 at 09:10 PM.