Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

GA 1995 Lexus SC400, Extremely well maintained, many new parts and tasteful mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 08:24 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1995 Lexus SC400, Extremely well maintained, many new parts and tasteful mods

FS: 1995 SC400. Teal Mist Metallic (6N1) over black/tan interior. 112k miles. 2 Owner. I've had it for 10 years next month. Clean carfax still in the glovebox from when I bought the car.
This car is not a beater in any way and I'd drive it to the west coast tomorrow if I had a reason. She runs beautifully smooth, rides very nicely, and doesn't smoke or leak anything. You can hardly feel the engine at idle. I've always kept it maintained and have replaced many, many parts.

-New Steering rack
-New urethane steering rack bushings
-New urethane LCA bushings
-New urethane sway bar bushings
-New valve cover, intake plenum, throttle body gaskets
-New transmission mount bushing
-New alternator
-Newly rebuilt ECU w/lifetime warranty
-New headlights (look perfect and no fogging ever)
-New 97+ tails
-New IS300 3-spoke wheel (for a manual, no buttons)
-New passenger's side window regulator
-New OEM black carpet
-New rear wheel bearings
-New trunk lift supports
-New LS400 brake conversion (I bought them brand new, not used)
-New KYB adjustable shocks and discontinued Espelir springs (Supra models)
-New double din touch screen w/ real iPod hook up and DVD/SD/Thumb drive. Installed perfectly with a Metra kit
-New speakers all around with a Pioneer amp mounted in trunk
-New ignition coils on both sides, and new connectors
-New front tires
-Newer gel battery (around a year old)
-New Xenon Depot HID system, 6500k
-New Royal Purple oil and new filter
-New NGK plugs and wires (less than 50 miles on these)
-Relocated wiring harness (not a single wire cut, Gary Ellis...)
-Clifford remote start with lock/unlock, trunk pop, fuel filler pop
-18" staggered (9",10") Saleen replica wheels. Perfect fitment with no stretch. Fenders already rolled. Wheels recently repainted.
-Full true dual exhaust system with X-pipe and Magnaflow 14829 mufflers. Resonators and secondary cats removed. Looks and sounds amazing.
-35% tint all around, with a 35% banner on windshield
-BFI mod w/ K&N filter
-12V fuel mod
-Transmission module mod

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. I'll update as I remember. It has been ten years...
The car is kept immaculately clean inside and out. The original floor mats look brand new as they were always covered with rubber mats. You can eat off the engine. The paint shows some wear but was always kept buffed and protected. Hardly any swirls in the paint. All needles work, none burned out. Everything inside the car works- power windows, power seats, power mirrors, auto dimming mirror, sunroof, lumbar supports, memory seats, heated seats.

The driver's front fender is red, wrapped in matte black vinyl. I replaced it because there was a dent in the original one that I didn't want showing through when I had the whole car wrapped. The AC compressor needs a clutch speed sensor replaced. I have the sensor, haven't gotten around to draining the system to replace it. It blows ice cold until it decides it doesn't want to and the compressor kicks off. The car needs rear tires. There is a split in the leather on both front seats in the same spot. The airbag light is on because I left the battery connected when I swapped the steering wheel, and the tail light 'light out' indicator is on because of the 97+ tails. No functional issues at all with either of these things.
The car will come with a second mint condition black carpet (the original carpet), a few extra gaskets, urethane front upper control arm bushings, 2 extra ignition coils, and a few extra wheels studs.
Located in Jonesboro, GA. I'd like to get $4500 for it, but the price is negotiable. Would prefer to sell it to an enthusiast who will take care of it.

The interior pictures are from before the touch screen and 3-spoke wheel, but show the black/tan color scheme

Last edited by MongooseGA; 02-21-15 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 08:37 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I doubt he'll need it...

....but yes, I definitely VOUCH for this. Seen it, driven it, and ridden in it myself.

The pictures don't do this car justice.
Old 01-30-15, 08:36 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Bump, this is a clean and babied one someone buy this before it's too late!!!
Op I can believe you're selling this gem!!
Old 01-30-15, 08:48 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Thanks! The car has definitely been cared for. Any issues I've ever had with it should be well documented here in the forums with pictures, explanations, and solutions.

Having said that, in 10 years of ownership, the worst thing I've ever had that I can think of off-hand was an ignition coil going bad. Turned out it was from oil leaking from the valve cover. Solution? Remove the valve covers, thoroughly clean, repaint in OEM aluminum and replace gaskets. I tried not to cut any corners in this vehicle. When I first got to ATL about a year ago I went on a spree of remedying any little nuisance I could and ended up buying the new low beams (they're mint), 97+ tails (mint), IS300 steering wheel (mint), new 6500k HID kit (no issues), etc.

I can honestly say that for an original car that's not a show car or a tear down/rebuild project, it's gotta be one of the nicer ones left.

***I've updated the original post with a few more new items I'd forgotten about. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Last edited by MongooseGA; 01-30-15 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-02-15, 06:22 AM
illtww
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking SC.

Were the fender rolled in front and rear for the 19's?
Old 02-02-15, 06:34 AM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by illtww
Good looking SC.

Were the fender rolled in front and rear for the 19's?
Thank you. 18's, and yes, the fenders have been rolled.
Old 02-04-15, 10:28 AM
MongooseGA
Racer

Bump. I received an offer from someone that I've accepted, but he's out of town. If you've been looking for a great project platform or even just a complete daily driver, would should move on this now! The price is OBO!
Old 02-06-15, 02:34 PM
lithium14
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna keep an eye on this one. Still debating about replacing my own SC400 or getting something else.
Old 02-06-15, 03:24 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by lithium14
I'm gonna keep an eye on this one. Still debating about replacing my own SC400 or getting something else.
Don't keep an eye for too long. The car is scheduled to be shown tomorrow afternoon to a local buyer.
Old 02-06-15, 07:44 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

New pictures from earlier this week.

Interior and the mentioned splits in the seats. Notice the IS300 wheel and double din, plus new OEM black carpet. You'll see the black vinyl wrapped fender also.

Old 02-09-15, 06:54 AM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

What tire sizes and what year Mustang were the wheels spec'd for? '94-'04 offsets are different from '05+.

GLWS bump!
Old 02-09-15, 01:20 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

I run a 265/35/18 in the rear, and 245/40/18 in the front. I'm not sure what years this style of wheel would have come on the Mustangs. They would have only been on the Saleen models. These offsets are +22/+24.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-15, 06:53 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Bump. $5000 OBO! Come get it, it's taking up driveway space!
Old 02-13-15, 07:25 AM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Okay, so those are for '94-'98 fitment. Thanks!
Old 02-18-15, 09:33 AM
MongooseGA
Racer

Bump. Make an offer. She needs a new home.

Quick Reply: GA 1995 Lexus SC400, Extremely well maintained, many new parts and tasteful mods