Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

Going full circle here, back to looking for another IS-F....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-14, 01:01 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Red face Going full circle here, looking for a VIP LS460L now...suggestions/help?

I find the analogy the grass is always greener on the other side appropriate here. Sold my perfect beloved IS-F for a white e90 M3, then to a B6 S4 since I wanted a manual and now I'm back in the market looking for a late model white IS-F

The Audi has lately been giving me issues with the A/C so this has me thinking how perfect my IS-F was in terms of trouble free running. Audi dealer has quoted me $2600 for a new compressor plus labor

These days I have to toddlers to shuttle around so I must have a reliable DD that is somewhat fuel efficient. (my wife and I have had talks of either looking at a Tesla or BMW i3) so not sure how she would feel about going back to an IS-F but figured I'd post here.

If anyone has a good lead for a 2010+ white or USB IS-F please shoot me a PM. Looking for something with traceable history, no accidents, mods are ok and welcome

UPDATE: Decided I need more space so shopping for a clean late model white LS460 or (L) version, what should I anticipate paying for one and any solid leads? thanks in advance!

Last edited by s4play; 08-21-14 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-08-14, 01:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

welcome back bud. I dont know what it is about Audi but in AZ they all seem to have AC issues .....and when they are less than 5 years old.
Old 07-08-14, 01:14 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Damn, GT3, M3, S4, R8 V10, S2000, NSX, ISF....

Given your history of car ownership, and since you are thinking of getting another ISF, I guess that is a testament of how, in the end, reliability comes out on top.

To answer your question, I was in the same boat, after selling the 08 ISF, I was depressed until I got an 11 ISF 6 months later. I was contemplating and tested the CTSV, M3, S4, C63, E63, but decided to go with the ISF again. Sure, not the fastest with no "real" power tunes/mods compared to the others, but reliability \ fun factor \ maintenance costs just cannot be beat.

If you have the means and already have the R8, Tesla Model S P85+ would be a great addition. Won't be able to track it though...

Last edited by itsmike177; 07-08-14 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-08-14, 01:43 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
welcome back bud. I dont know what it is about Audi but in AZ they all seem to have AC issues .....and when they are less than 5 years old.
It seems to be a common problem and the worst part is on the V8 S4, the engine is so tight the only way to access the direct drive compressor is to pull the entire front end including the radiator to gain access. One day it was working fine, next day it won't work and although I don't need A/C, the kids definitely need it on the hot days...dropped it off at Audi on two separate occasions and they think the problem is the compressor so without pulling it all apart they can't tell me and labor at a dealer isn't cheap *rant off

So now thinking it's not worth the headache although I love the s4 v8 motor with the manual tranny, thinking what fun sedan is both reliable and fuel efficient. The latter 2 requirements will automatically eliminate the AMG and M3, LOL.

I was going to take delivery of the new 2015 F80 M3 but decided against owing a first model year BMW so put that idea on hold till at least 2016 and I need a DD to fit 2 baby seats in back. I hate driving our two gas guzzling SUV's and my other rides can only seat one additional person.

Going to look on Autotrader tonight
Old 07-08-14, 02:16 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

bummer to hear about your issues s4play, i had the same s4 and the same compressor issue, fear of constant repair bills is what ultimately led me from that to the is-f.

you should def try to find at least an '11 and up yeah?
Old 07-08-14, 03:05 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I knew u will be back
Old 07-08-14, 03:36 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome back possibly, I like the tesla. love the ISF though
Old 07-08-14, 05:02 PM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IS-F is such a good car people take it for granted very quickly.
Old 07-08-14, 05:13 PM
stratman
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello s4play,

I traded in my '12 ISF for a new '13 C63 AMG sedan with the P31 Performance Package and I can tell you this: It is not as bad on gas mileage as I have been told it would be. The worst I got was 14.1 MPG during break in but at about 700 miles it improved to about 15.8. Now that it is broken in I get between 16.7 and 22.4 (highest) and I always drive it in manual mode. Though it is less than the IS F it is not too bad considering. Also, the back seat is much more comfortable than the F and it has a much bigger trunk with fold down back seats. So far, it has been very reliable and just sounds mean. Having said this, I do miss my IS F as it is definitely a very special car. It is plenty fast and unlike the C63 there are still a lot of people who do not what it is. I don't blame you for wanting another as it is something else and though not absolutely trouble free, is much better than most performance machines, sedan or otherwise. Sorry I missed you by a couple of months as my '12 was mint (traded in 4/13/14). Good luck on your search.
Old 07-10-14, 01:51 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scamsel
bummer to hear about your issues s4play, i had the same s4 and the same compressor issue, fear of constant repair bills is what ultimately led me from that to the is-f.

you should def try to find at least an '11 and up yeah?
Yes sir, my last one was a 08 so this time around I'd like to get at least a 2011+ to feel the upgraded LSD and other small differences. I think the suspension changed a few times but since I'm going to swap that out for KWV3's that is really not an issue.

Originally Posted by stratman
Hello s4play,

I traded in my '12 ISF for a new '13 C63 AMG sedan with the P31 Performance Package and I can tell you this: It is not as bad on gas mileage as I have been told it would be. The worst I got was 14.1 MPG during break in but at about 700 miles it improved to about 15.8. Now that it is broken in I get between 16.7 and 22.4 (highest) and I always drive it in manual mode. Though it is less than the IS F it is not too bad considering. Also, the back seat is much more comfortable than the F and it has a much bigger trunk with fold down back seats. So far, it has been very reliable and just sounds mean. Having said this, I do miss my IS F as it is definitely a very special car. It is plenty fast and unlike the C63 there are still a lot of people who do not what it is. I don't blame you for wanting another as it is something else and though not absolutely trouble free, is much better than most performance machines, sedan or otherwise. Sorry I missed you by a couple of months as my '12 was mint (traded in 4/13/14). Good luck on your search.
I've honestly never been a fan of the C63 in the AMG lineup. I always felt it was not up to par in terms of the standards they set for the other AMG lineup such as the E63 onwards. I love Mercedes Benz however and feel their trucks are the most solid "built like a tank" SUV's out there and would trust my family in that behemoth over any other brand. Lexus feel flimsy in comparison for their sheet metal and thin paint.

For this ride, I'm not looking for street neckbreaker status but rather speak softy attitude since it's my DD, don't want the LE attention either. Just a fun sport sedan that will do it's job and keep maintenance low I have enough show cars already for those special occasions.
Old 07-23-14, 01:05 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Is the owner of this 2012 blue ISF on here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-IS-ISF-2012-Rare-ultra-sonic-blue-ISF-beautiful-with-extras-/191259049407?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c87ed7dbf&vxp=mtr
Old 07-23-14, 03:08 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're looking to go back into a 2008 at all.. just LMK haha. I'm posting mine up for sale right about now..
Old 07-23-14, 04:19 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFpat
If you're looking to go back into a 2008 at all.. just LMK haha. I'm posting mine up for sale right about now..
I already had an 08 ~ if I'm going to get the same car it needs to be at least a 2011+ with the improvements.
Old 08-21-14, 08:45 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Maybe you guys can help me out, thinking to scrap the idea of the IS-F since we really need more space....

I've been seriously looking to get into a VIP LS460 ~ what's the used market like for these and what's the best year to get? Been scouring classifieds, prefer one that has some mods but clean history. What should I expect to pay for a nice example? Naturally it has to be white

thanks!
Old 08-21-14, 11:47 AM
90b16ed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 is f

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-vehicles-classifieds/754080-2008-lexus-isf-northern-virginia.html

Quick Reply: Going full circle here, back to looking for another IS-F....