Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA 1993 SC300 needs to go to new home

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 05:13 PM
booga
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1993 SC300 needs to go to new home

1993 LEXUS SC300
207112 Miles Picture of dash showing miles taken May 29, 2014
3.0 L 2JZ-GE I6 - Engine runs STRONG
Transmission Automatic shifts SMOOTH
AC blows COLD
New tires on ALL FOUR
I posted plenty of pictures to show the condition of the car and show the imperfections
I expect MANY miles out of the engine and the transmission based on how it is running.
Clean title - I have the pink slip

Click here for more pictures

I bought this car for my daughter when she graduated High School to last her the entire time she is in college. She has 1 more year left, and she decided to get a smaller car for better gas mileage on her weekend drives from Huntington Beach to Riverside to visit family. The car is in good condition, but has developed a list of items to do to keep it running longer.

Two items top the list of things to do:

Coolant leak on right side under the right headlight.
The radiator was replaced when i first got this car for her. I suspect the issue is fittings near the hoses. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to look for the exact location of the leak. The last time I went under the car to look, a drop of coolant dropped in my mouth which was enough for me to say that I do not want to work on it. I expect it to be an easy enough fix, but at this time, I am busy with fixing fixing the motorcycle instead.

Oil Leak
While I was under the car, I found that the underside of the engine had oil cover. As far as I can tell, it is leaking from the gasket of the oil pan. My inspection was cut short when I had a taste of coolant.

The pictures will clearly show that the exterior does show it experienced college life. The interior also shows the ravages of time and the California sun.

The radio does not work. My daughter tells me that it cut out all of a sudden after going over a dip she heard a lot of static it cut sound on one side, more static then the other side the next day. From how she described it, it sounds like a lose connection with wiring.

Passenger side power window is not working. A quick search on the internet forums would suggest that the regulator will go out eventually. The car is 20 years old, so it does show its age with the little things.

Passenger side door handle is broken. Her boyfriend was heavy with his hands and I have yet to kick his *** for this one. So instead, I did not fix it. It seemed fitting punishment that the door has to be opened for him and keep him child locked.

The dash picture will show that the rear lights are out. I have not personally checked, but from the last time i saw that light go on, it was one of the brake lights that went out. I only replaced one side, so I'm sure the other side has finally caught up. Easy fix.

The needles and some lighting are out on the dash. Lexus forums have all the instructions on how to fix it. You have the option of replacing the bulbs with the OEM replacement, or LED which I planned to do.

The climate control light is out, and the display is bleeding which you will see in one of the pictures. Again the Lexus forums contain instructions on how to fix it. I was keeping a lookout for a SC300 to get listed on Craigslist to be parted out to get a replacement for this part. But the LED fix would look better.

The engine well shot will show smudges on top of the intake manifold. That is from dirty hands resting on that spot - not heat or smoke damage.

I prefer local sale in LA & Orange County California

blah
Lexus SC300 SC400 ES300 GS300 GS400 LS450 integra toyota honda acura
Old 06-27-14, 04:48 PM
booga
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Selling this car for $1,900 to move it fast.

UPDATE

The coolant leak was resolved at the time that I had the car smogged. Mechanic changed out a hose which caused the car to fail the smog check the first time aroun. I have been watching the coolant levels since the time this was posted and it has maintained the same level with no anti freeze drops under the car.

My parking situation does not allow me to leave a car sitting for more than 4 days, which means that I have to move cars around. This sucks when I have to travel for work and leave for more than a week at a time.