Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX 1993 Lexus SC400 V8 *Clean*

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-13, 02:10 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 1993 Lexus SC400 V8 *Clean*

Contact information
(281)886-3913 (Text only)

Year

Make and model
Lexus SC400

VIN
JT8UZ30C5P0033023

Mileage
22xxx

Transmission type
Automatic

Title status
Clean Texas Title

Asking price
9000obo

Modifications
Slightly Modified

--------------------------------------
Additional information and mods
5000k Crystal White DDM Tuning HIDS (For best visibility on the road)
10% tint in back and 35% on sides professionally done at Lexus. (Legal)
License plate LEDS and Cluster LEDS
Brand new JVC speakers all around
All original paint
Rear Wheel Drive
Premium aftermarket wheel option
4 Brand new Falken tires

I'm posting this for my dad who is the second owner, we got it from an older gentlemen who was too old to drive it so was garage kept for few years.
I would hate to let this car go since it is a very clean car and one of the nicest ones I've seen but I need to make room in the driveway for a family vehicle.
We replaced/rebuilt the engine and replaced the transmission.
Dad is a master tech at Lexus so everything was handled with care and done professionally.
All parts replaced were replaced with OEM high quality parts from Toyota Genuine Parts so the car is reliable.
The engine is a 1UZ-FE V8 motor and has about 22,xxx miles on the engine.
It has new gaskets for everything, new starter, waterpump, thermostat, window regulator, power antenna, new stems/seals, fuel filter, transmission filter, control arm bushings, other new parts I can't remember.
Transmission was replaced and has about 80k miles. It shifts very smoothly. I got the transmission from a moderator at clublexus forums.
All engine fluids are always changed properly with high quality fluids and well maintained at WestSide Lexus.
The mileage on the body is over 200k but the paint is ALL ORIGINAL and in pretty good condition still for it being garage kept.
It does have a few small chips on the hood and small area of clear coat coming off on rear bumper. This is expected as it is a 20 year old car. The front lip is slightly torn at the
bottom of the lip and few small scratches on the front bumper although it can be buffed out easily.
Interior is in good shape. Seats are leather and driver seat is slightly torn. New jvc speakers all around and the rear is also roomy.
It is power everything. (power windows, seats, steering wheel, side mirrors)
Guage cluster needles are going out but I modified the cluster with LEDS so everything is visible and slightly more unique than a stock cluster.
The A/C and heater works great. Power steering is great.
The car runs very strong, starts up quick, idle is good, and compression is good. It has the potential for more power if you wish to do so..
The car can be swapped with many parts from the 1993-1998 Toyota Supra, both cars share the same subframe, suspensions, and drivetrain.

THINGS THAT BUYER SHOULD KNOW

-Currently has a CEL due to no cats (It didn't have cats when we got the car)..
-Needs new front struts and front strut mounts sometime near future. It can be replaced with Supra NA/TT struts.
-Transmission mount will need to be replaced sometime near future.
-Radio works but the cd player doesn't.

I don't absolutely need to sell this car now..but for the right price I will let her go. Otherwise it will be condinued to be driven and fixed up.

Once again the car is in really good shape, very reliable and ready to go.
If there's any questions, feel free to ask. I may have forgotten to put it in the description.
Here are some pics taken with a Canon T3i. None of the photos were photoshopped.
Cluster lights and license plate light photos were taken with an iphone.

The car is not on, only the battery which is why all those lights are on the cluster.

Old 06-27-13, 05:11 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've clearly put a lot of time/money into this car which is great, but $9000 is a ton of money for a near stock Automatic 93 SC. It looks to be a really nice car, but considering the cd player, struts, mounts, CEL, ripped seat, paint....it's still going to require a lot more work then it will ever be close to worth.

Even if you KBB it(which is inflated dealer pricing) at 22K in Excellent condition it's under $9K. Considering the rest of the car has about 200K and the second tranny has about 80K....I'm thinking it's worth about $4200, minus the cost of the repairs(struts/mounts/cats/cdplayer/leather).

You can't really expect people to pay for your repairs. You repair the car with the intentions of keeping it. You don't sell the car with the intentions of getting back what you put in, unless they are sought after mods/wheels/tweaks, but even then you're guaranteed at taking a loss A rebuilt engine is nice, but why the hell would you need a rebuilt engine at 165K in the first place?
Old 06-27-13, 08:03 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Ah! Thank you for the information, I actually didn't know what price to set it as. I'm not in a rush to sell this but I'm willing to hear any offers. Now I know what price it should fall around, thank you!
Old 06-28-13, 06:11 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So the "older gentleman" removed the cats? Weird...
Old 06-28-13, 07:00 AM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Yeah either that or maybe his son removed them. He looked like he was 70+ his son should be like mid 40's or something.
Old 07-08-13, 08:25 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it hardtop?
Old 07-12-13, 12:19 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Yep, it's a hardtop.. it has a moon/sun roof if that's what you mean.
Old 07-12-13, 05:25 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBang
Yep, it's a hardtop.. it has a moon/sun roof if that's what you mean.
nah, he means hardtop.... as in nothing but roof(no sun/moonroof)
GLWS
Old 08-01-13, 05:02 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Contact information
(281)886-3913 (Text only)

Year

Make and model
Lexus SC400

VIN
JT8UZ30C5P0033023

Mileage
202xxx

Transmission type
Automatic

Title status
Clean Texas Title

Asking price

Modifications
Yes

-----------------------------------------------------
Additional information and mods

5000k Crystal White DDM Tuning HIDS
10% tint in back and 35% on sides professionally done at Lexus.
License plate LEDS and Cluster LEDS
Brand new JVC speakers all around
All original paint
Rear Wheel Drive
Premium aftermarket wheel
New front strut mounts
New front struts
New MAF Sensor
4 Brand new Falken tires
New engine rebuild
2 owner car

Reason for sell: Too many cars in the driveway and not enough people to drive them.

Posting for dad.. we got the car from an older gentlemen who garage kept it for awhile because he was too old to drive it awhile ago.
It has a new engine rebuild (currently at 23xxx miles) all parts used for rebuild were new original OEM from lexus/toyota parts, transmission also replaced with around 81k miles on it, shifts perfect.
It has new gaskets for everything, new starter, new waterpump, new thermostat, new timing belt, window regulator, power antenna, new stems/seals, fuel filter, transmission filter, control arm bushings, other new parts I can't remember.
All engine fluids are always changed properly with high quality fluids and well maintained at WestSide Lexus.
The mileage on the body is over 200k and the paint is all original and is in good condition due to it being garage kept for awhile.
It does have a few small chips on the hood and small area of clear coat coming off on rear bumper. This is expected as it is a 20 year old car. The front lip is slightly torn at the
bottom of the lip and few small scratches on the front bumper although it can be buffed out easily.
Interior is in good shape, leather seats and wood trims and new jvc speakers all around.
It is power everything. (power windows, seats, steering wheel, side mirrors)
Guage cluster needles are going out but I modified the cluster with LEDS so everything is visible.
The A/C and heater works great. Power steering is great.
The car runs very strong, starts up quick.
The car can be swapped with many parts from the 1993-1998 Toyota Supra, both cars share the same subframe, suspensions, and drivetrain.
These cars can easily run over 300k miles!

Cons:
-Driver seat slightly torn.
-Currently has a CEL due to no cats (It didn't have cats when we got the car)
-The CD changer doesn't work, radio works.

Once again the car is in really good shape, very reliable and ready to go.
If there's any questions, feel free to ask. I may have forgotten to put it in the description.
NOTHING WRONG WITH IT MECHANICALLY!

Interior pics

Just did a tune up