Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA FS: 2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-13, 02:31 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation

JFOR SALE:
2000 Lexus GS400, Sunroof, Navigation, White, Tan Leather, Excellent Condition

2000 Lexus GS400
Sunroof
Tan Leather Interior
Navigation
Rear Spoiler
All Factory Options
141,xxx miles
VIN: JT8BH68X9Y0021641
$10,900

For more information, or to set up a time to see the car please call me directly:

Scott Peebles

Home: (714) 374-9932
Office: (949) 833-1599

Scott1258@aol.com

The car is located in Huntington Beach, California.

For Sale is my Beautiful White 2000 Lexus GS400 with Navigation, Rear Spoiler, and Tan Leather Interior. As new this car was FULLY LOADED with all available factory options. I am the third owner and purchased the car with apx. 75K miles in 2005. I have meticulously maintained the car since I purchased it. All of the upgrades listed for the car have been added since I have owned it.

This is one of the best kept, best handling and performing GS400 cars you will find anywhere. It is in EXCELLENT CONDITION.

I have all maintenance and repair records for this car since I have owned it. It is in very good to excellent condition for a car its age. This is a very well cared for and clean Lexus GS400. All of the repair, maintenance, and upgrade work on this car has been done at Hiro’s Auto Repair, 3042-D Enterprise Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, 714-545-5090, by Koji Haraguchi and his staff of master Japanese mechanics. Koji helps design, build, and repair some of Toyota’s factory race cars including their Scion drift car. They are the best Japanese engineers and mechanics anywhere.

This GS400 is mechanically 100% at this time and runs perfect, is very quick and wicked fast and handles perfectly. This car is set up to handle similarly to a BMW M5. It has a luxury performance ride but with all the reliability a Lexus offers. At the heart of the suspension system for this car is a set of Bilstein PSS Coilovers that have been Custom Rebuilt and Revalved for the GS400 by Fat Cat Motorsports: http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/.

Out of the box the PSS system for the GS is harsh on bumpy roads and is quite jarring. Here in Southern California it would beat me up on the freeway expansion joints and my wife hated the ride. I sent my PSS coilovers to Shaikh at Fat Cat Motorsports to custom match the Billys to this specific GS. The results are nothing short of amazing. The ride is comfortable, forgiving, and at the same time the performance is blistering for a luxury four door sedan. You can take it to the theater at night with your lady, and carve the canyons in the day. This GS can handle more than anyone would dare on a public street. As a comparison, I had a set of Tein CS coilovers on the GS as well. The new revalved PSS’s are more comfortable and handle loads better. The best way I can describe it is the difference between a professional and an amature. The CS’s never felt right to me. They were not that comfortable and the handling was poor.

To further enhance the performance of the car it has been equipped with front and rear Daizen sways, all the Toms braces (rear strut tower brace, 6 piece kit, rear lower brace), and finally completely dialed in the FIGS Engineering Mega Arms and Toe Links. Each piece complementing the other to form what I feel is the best handling GS you will find anywhere. And to make sure this beast stops on a dime the front stock calipers have been replace with a set of Lexus LS400 Front Brake Calipers. The LS calipers weigh 15lbs less per caliper than stock – they are aluminum. Thus the car has shed 30 pounds of unsprung weight making for a much more lively driving experience. These wonderful calipers are equipped with Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads in the front, Stoptech Brake Pads in the Rear, and Stainless Steel Brake Lines all around.

The wheels are original Lexus Japan OEM JDM VAPC (Vacuum and Pressure Casting) 18X9 +45 wheels that weigh only 22lbs each. Lexus stock 17’s are 25 lbs – thus another 12 lbs of unsprung weight gone. These are light, beautiful, and sporty wheels that match the personality of this car perfectly. These wheels were imported directly from Lexus Japan by Carson Toyota for a short time.

This GS has never been raced and was my daily driver. It has always been run with Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil and Amsoil Transmission Fluid. It is a Southern California car that has been garaged. I have spent over $7,000 in upgraded Suspension and Engine parts alone, not including installation costs, to enhance the performance, safety, and reliability of this car (all upgraded parts listed below).

I have enjoyed this car immensely and now it’s ready for a new home with someone who will totally enjoy and appreciate this unique and amazing four door sports sedan.

Are you searching for a beautiful, yet wicked, Lexus GS400 sports sedan that is completely ready to go? This is your car! IT IS A MUST SEE!

Wheels and Tires:

Lexus Japan JDM VAPC (Vacuum and Pressure Casting) 18X9 +45 wheels, 22lbs each
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, 245/40/18, front and rear

Brake Enhancements / Modifications / Upgrades:

Lexus LS Front Brake Calipers (they weigh 15lbs less per caliper than stock – they are aluminum)
Carbotech Bobcat Brake Pads Front
Stoptech Brake Pads Rear
Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Body Enhancements / Modifications / Upgrades:

Toms Front Grill VA300
Carson Tuned GS Chrome Shifter Bezel
Rear Tail Light Mod so all brake lights light up
Borla Stainless Exhaust Tips

Suspension Enhancements / Modifications / Upgrades:

Bilstein PSS Coilovers – Custom Rebuilt and Revalved for the GS400 by Fat Cat Motorsports: http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/

Front RCA’s
Daizen Front and Rear Sway Bars Customized with Grease Nipples in Bushings
RMM Front Strut Tower Bar
Toms Rear Strut Tower Bar
Toms 6 piece Lower Suspension Kit
Toms Rear Lower Brace
FIGS Engineering Mega Arms
FIGS Engineering Toe Links
Daizen Steering Rack Bushings
Daizen Caster Arm Bushings
New Inner and Outer Tie Rods
New Lower Ball Joints
New Upper Control Arms
New Lower Control Arms

Engine Enhancements / Modifications / Upgrades:

Daizen Ground Wires System
L-Tuned Steering ECU
Torque Master Spark Plugs
Transmission Cooler
Optima Red Top Battery

Extra Parts Included with sale:

OEM Front and Rear Shocks
OEM Front and Rear Sway Bars
OEM Exhaust Tips

For more information, or to set up a time to see the car just give me a call. If you would like a full set of pictures just PM me here at Club Lexus with your email address and I will email them to you:

Scott Peebles

Home: (714) 374-9932
Office: (949) 833-1599

Scott1258@aol.com
Attached Thumbnails FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-001-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-007-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-008-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-042-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-023-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Scott1258; 05-13-13 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-04-13, 07:14 PM
rwheelz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd buy it if I didn't own the same car! What year ls400 calipers fit?
Old 04-04-13, 08:40 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rwheelz
I'd buy it if I didn't own the same car! What year ls400 calipers fit?
Mine are from a 2000 LS - but the calipers are all the same for that generation LS - I think it's '96 to 2000 and they all are plug and play but you need to use the front RCA's or be willing to grind down a bolt for them to fit. The RCA's are the right way to go if you want to do it right, but you do need Coilovers to readjust the ride height to balance it out since the RCA's lower the height of the car.

There is quite a noticeable difference in brake performance with the LS caliper upgrade, especially with a more aggressive brake pad such as the Carbotech Bobcat pads. They grunt and groone a little when cold, but the stopping power is fantastic. Plus, you need to upgrade the rotors to LS sized rotors too which are a bit bigger than the stock GS rotors. It all adds up to one really really sweet brake package. The rear brakes are all new for the car too - new Stoptech rotors and pads. I had the Bobcats on the back previous but decided to give the Stoptechs a try. They are every bit as good as the Bobcats and stop with a nice linear feel. Stoptech does not make a pad for the LS calipers. Compared to the stock brake system it's night and day - car stops easily, quickly, and you feel completely in control.

Last edited by Scott1258; 04-04-13 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-06-13, 08:46 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

I;ve been asked for few more pictures of the interior - so here you go:
Attached Thumbnails FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-019-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-035-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-031-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-037-large-.jpg   FS:  2000 Lexus GS400, White, Navigation-2000-lexus-gs400-for-sale-013-large-.jpg  

Old 09-02-13, 06:42 PM
UCFdude
Driver

wow i dig the wheels