Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

IL 06 Lexus GS300 - White w/ Brand new wheels + Suspension! Have to sell =/

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-12, 03:49 PM
altezzza
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 Lexus GS300 - White w/ Brand new wheels + Suspension! Have to sell =/

Year: 2006
Make: Lexus
Model: GS300
Miles: 61,500
Trans: Auto
Title: Clean / Recovered from Theft
White
Price: $20,995 REDUCED!!!
$20,000 without wheel setup.

Up for sale is my super clean Lexus GS300 RWD. The car currently has 61,500 miles and is sitting in my garage.
I had this car for about a year and loved it since. This is actually my 3rd Lexus as I went from driving IS's all my life. I had my previous cars in Chicago shows and shoots which means I take care of them and make sure to keep them clean. This car is Crystal White with all OEM
parts except the 20" Wheels XXR +15 offset (20x9.5 / 20x11) and Megan Coilover System. This was all equipped at Touge Factory here in Chicago. The suspension and wheels have ONLY been on the car for just over 2 months! The OEM wheels are included and have brand new tires wrapped on them. I bought this car from an Insurance Auction where it was Theft Recovered. There was no major damage on the vehicle except minor wear & tear which is the ONLY reason I purchased it!! I got into a minor accident where I hit a deer a couple months ago but I would be more than happy to show you a picture of it when you see the car. I just had to replace the front bumper. I got the car serviced at my local Lexus Dealership where it was carefully inspected to ensure my knowledge. They also fixed every single part on recall which I have the receipts for. I'm now looking to buy something newer during the winter season such as a Rover or one of the BMW's!

Good:
Heated/Cooled Seats
Brand new suspension/wheel setup
Catches Everyone's Attention!
Beautiful setup
Sunroof
High MPG Luxury Car
Everything serviced at Lexus & no problems to date!
OEM Wheels included w/ brand new tires

Bad:
Light Scratch on right side Quarter Panel
Auto Detail Shop lost my floormats!

VIN: JTHBH96S065024694

You can contact me at 630-401-9245 anytime if you are interested or have any questions.
EMAIL - livemedia@sbcglobal.net
----Dave

Last edited by altezzza; 01-27-12 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-20-12, 02:01 PM
altezzza
Rookie

bump bump bump
Old 01-20-12, 02:24 PM
coops808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interior shots?
Old 01-20-12, 04:48 PM
nsurnceguy
Driver School Candidate

bump for a clean GS300.
Old 01-20-12, 07:45 PM
altezzza
Rookie

Interior pics will be up soon. Been dealing with the snow storm all day here in Chi!
Old 01-20-12, 08:20 PM
weezeeG35
Lead Lap

damn great price, wished i have picked up a 350z, i would have bought this!
Old 01-21-12, 06:56 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

How is this possible? If it is recovered for theft does it not have a salvage title? Sorry but I am confused with this. Can you please let me know?
Old 01-21-12, 07:40 PM
BCSUPRATT
Driver

^^^ I would like to know this as well
Old 01-23-12, 07:55 AM
altezzza
Rookie

The vehicle was Theft branded when the Insurance company recovered it.
I then registered the car post-purchase and it gave the car a Clean title w/ rebuilt history,
even though not one thing was rebuilt. That's what every recovered theft vehicle usually gets, knowing the car sales industry.
That is also why I made sure to get thorough inspections done so the dealership can give me assurance.

Originally Posted by minty99z

How is this possible? If it is recovered for theft does it not have a salvage title? Sorry but I am confused with this. Can you please let me know?
Old 01-23-12, 08:37 PM
minty99z
Pole Position

Just curious and I'm sorry but not trying to give you a hard time because I'm still confused.

Is the title marked as theft recovery in any way? This is the important question for me.
If it is not, I don't think you are required to tell anyone about the theft recovery because to be honest all it does it hurt resale.
Old 01-23-12, 10:23 PM
altezzza
Rookie

Originally Posted by minty99z
Just curious and I'm sorry but not trying to give you a hard time because I'm still confused.

Is the title marked as theft recovery in any way? This is the important question for me.
If it is not, I don't think you are required to tell anyone about the theft recovery because to be honest all it does it hurt resale.
It doesn't say anything about a 'theft recovery' on the title itself. I received an original Illinois title after I registered the car.
Old 01-23-12, 10:50 PM
BCSUPRATT
Driver

does it say theft recovery on carfax or vin report?
Old 01-24-12, 05:33 PM
chicagoSC
Driver

Originally Posted by BCSUPRATT
does it say theft recovery on carfax or vin report?

Yes it dose!
Old 01-25-12, 03:52 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ifd its recovered from theft, the yes its salvage.

I ran carfax and it shows Branded title, not actual mileage. I am interested but confused also, so the title you have on hand states clean?
Old 01-25-12, 10:12 PM
Dxpliciton
Driver School Candidate

Im going to take a shot at this because of personal experience of buying a car which i was told had a clear title and then later finding out it was rebuilt.

There are the 3 most common titles that come along with cars

Clear - Obvious you know what that is

Salvaged - Which is a total loss vehicle from an insurance company

Rebuilt - which was a previously salvaged title vehicle and rebuilt and reinspected to be road worthy and issued a title.

I have personally taken salvaged vehicle titles from totaled, rebuilt them and reinspected them to obtain the rebuilt title without a hitch. I will say though some states the title says on it "REBUILT" and then in other states it does not like Arizona where i actually purchased my existing car and found out it was "rebuilt" when i went to register the car and was forced to go get it inspected first then they would clear it (i tried to take that guy to court about that but it didnt hold up, hes lucky he didnt live close cause i would have well you know). Anyway ALWAYS run a title search on a car because of the different types of titles and the fact that not all titles say "rebuilt" or "salvaged" on them which i found out the hard way. In defense of the car for sale here i have bought rebuilt and salvaged cars before with little to no issues as some are totaled for minimal items like this one possibly. But OP i suggest you are honest about the title rather than stating it to be clear/rebuilt, there is no such thing and im sure you know that. Im in the market for one of these cars your slightly above the price point you should be for the sale of a rebuilt vehicle of your sort fyi especially if its not of actual miles.

Quick Reply: IL 06 Lexus GS300 - White w/ Brand new wheels + Suspension! Have to sell =/