Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA FS/FT: SC300 2jzgte/6sp V160 Everything works ac/ps/etc! 350whp.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-11, 07:56 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, Someone offered me 20k. Im waiting for the deposit if he flakes oh well. When people understand that how hard it really is to find and build and piece together a car this complete. $20k isnt much at all. Whenever I take a drive and look at the NEW Mazdas or Civics or Camrys or whatever it is .. I think.. you payed 25k~ for that!?? Alot of new interior in cars are made out of cheap materials. The engines are always lacking. If your going badge your car as the SPORT verison. Give me something SPORTY.

Time is money, and they can avoid alot of the headaches by buying it already done and vouched for. I will never lower the price anymore then what it is now, and I can sit on it forever never in a rush to sell. I still daily drive it to this day. =)

I still stand behind Im the only SCx00 on this forum built this way for OEM Factory Driveability and Cleaness.
Old 01-20-11, 09:12 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Hey good luck man!Sorry I never got back to you. I just got back from overseas, but decided to go another route instead. I'll be jealous of anyone who picks this gorgeous car up!
Old 01-20-11, 10:52 AM
mr_mkelly
Driver School Candidate

that car is amazing....and ur totally right about not being able to find another car like it for 20K, but truth is you will probably sit on it for a long time because its such a NICHE car. Theres only going to be a select few of us that truly know the value of the car.

I would love to buy it and if things go well in the next month or so i might make u an offer, but I would say to buy a set of rota's to throw on it if your going to sell it without the rims...so at least its complete otherwise just say with rims..set price.
Old 01-20-11, 12:40 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mr_mkelly
that car is amazing....and ur totally right about not being able to find another car like it for 20K, but truth is you will probably sit on it for a long time because its such a NICHE car. Theres only going to be a select few of us that truly know the value of the car.

I would love to buy it and if things go well in the next month or so i might make u an offer, but I would say to buy a set of rota's to throw on it if your going to sell it without the rims...so at least its complete otherwise just say with rims..set price.
Yep its a NICHE car. I perfectly agree with you. I would want the next owner to love this car as much as I do and show it the same care. I do understand I will probably sit on it for a long time which I have no problem with that.

Its going be sold with my sportmax 502s. Picture below!
Old 01-20-11, 01:27 PM
mr_mkelly
Driver School Candidate

Oh ok ..good to go then. I like the look u have with the volks...i think black with the bronze rims look amazing...but black with polished lip is sick too.
Old 01-20-11, 02:05 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Yep, Someone offered me 20k. Im waiting for the deposit if he flakes oh well. When people understand that how hard it really is to find and build and piece together a car this complete. $20k isnt much at all. Whenever I take a drive and look at the NEW Mazdas or Civics or Camrys or whatever it is .. I think.. you payed 25k~ for that!?? Alot of new interior in cars are made out of cheap materials. The engines are always lacking. If your going badge your car as the SPORT verison. Give me something SPORTY.

Time is money, and they can avoid alot of the headaches by buying it already done and vouched for. I will never lower the price anymore then what it is now, and I can sit on it forever never in a rush to sell. I still daily drive it to this day. =)

I still stand behind Im the only SCx00 on this forum built this way for OEM Factory Driveability and Cleaness.
I dont know you but i will at least cosign on what your saying.
1. the car by it self can net you 6-7k with a stock motor
2. The motor itself is worth 2k stock
3. The trannny alone is worth 3.5k-4k
4. suspension 1k
5. and all the bpu upgrades
so at the end of the day if you try to build a car like this yourself you will hit the 20k mark quickly and it might not even be this nice lol. Goodluck with the sale homie and happy new year.
Old 01-20-11, 09:04 PM
xclusive_s
Driver School Candidate

WOW! good luck with sale.
Old 01-25-11, 09:47 AM
deuce189
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump, coolest SC ever
Old 02-03-11, 08:43 AM
deuce189
Driver School Candidate

Bump, i want this.
Old 02-04-11, 12:21 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Car is still for sale... last offer was $20k.. but the guy flaked.
Old 03-29-11, 09:14 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

March Bump!
Old 03-30-11, 09:28 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

good luck with the sale...beautiful car! (bump)
Old 04-06-11, 04:04 AM
kitsune
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eliteskill

I agree with you to a point, however most of your comments on new cars are wrong, but then again it's pure opinion.

New cars selling for $20k are tailored and marketed to the average consumers. The average consumers want new and as American's we are consumed with marketing and media outlets telling us new is better and buying new shows a certain status.

Your car and you yourself are an enthusiast and enthusiast usually doesn't apply to most marketing attractions.

For instance, I have a friend that is new to the whole automotive scene or whatever you will call it. I told him that I was selling my 2006 is250 to get a 1st or 2nd gen GS300 and build it; even a 1st gen SC.

His reply was "Why? Your car is newer and more reliable." This is a clear point of the other side of automotive. Just because it's an old car doesn't mean it's not reliable. I have an ae86 and is more reliable than most new cars. Heck my last ae86 with 180k miles and I never did an oil change in over a year or changed the oil filter, knowing that I just wanted to blow the motor prior to installing my f20c. The motor kept on running. I revved it higher and higher hoping to blow it but like the little engine that could, just kept on running.

The thing is, your car is worth $20k in most eyes of automotive enthusiast and especially in the eyes of people that actually built one or knows how to do math.

$20k is a reasonable price and most people just see age, price, and looks and automatically judges that the car "isn't worth the asking price."

At the end of the day, it's your car and you're at the liberty to ask for whatever amount you deem fit.

Mike
Old 04-06-11, 12:51 PM
M3310
Driver School Candidate

i love your car. so clean.
Old 04-06-11, 06:21 PM
selkirk
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitsune
The thing is, your car is worth $20k in most eyes of automotive enthusiast and especially in the eyes of people that actually built one or knows how to do math.
I'd have to disagree here. Let me say at the outset that I'm not trying to run down his hard work - I think it's a beautiful car! But speaking as a car builder myself, any heavily modified car is a white elephant. They're hard to sell.

And the math is, honestly, the reason: sellers take their total and subtract 20% (or around there), whereas buyers start with what the shell would be worth and add a couple thousand. Who's right? As a builder, I'd love to say the sellers, but as someone who's also bought cars, I do sympathize with the buyers too.

Quick Reply: CA FS/FT: SC300 2jzgte/6sp V160 Everything works ac/ps/etc! 350whp.