Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

OR 1995 Lexus SC300 Original 5-speed Modded for Time Attack

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-10, 01:29 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Lexus SC300 Original 5-speed Modded for Time Attack

First a little history about the car, and my ownership. I absolutely love this vehicle, I have had it for about 6 years, which is saying a lot because in my 8 years of driving/riding I have owned over tens cars/bikes, and the SC just sticks around. I did sell this car once before, but ended up buying it back after about 6-8 months because I missed it wwwaayyy to much! haha I have not been able to find another car I like as much(besides TT supras) but good luck getting a $30,000 loan on a 15 y/o Toyota! Selling because my business is growing and thinking about getting something a little bit more inline with my current needs aka, new Tundra, Cayenne, Quattroporte... Also with my bi-weekly trips to Brememerton to visit my woman, I could use something that gets awesome gas mileage.

I purchased it as a certified pre-owned Lexus from Lexus of Portland in perfect condition with 60K. Car currently has about 144,000 and still runs like the day I bought it. ALL MAINTENANCE has been keep up to date 100%, with records to prove it. It JUST passed emissions with flying colors on the first try. I baby this car. The car was an original 5 speed (1 of 517) and was Renaissance red/tan interior. I have three full three ring binders that are full of receipts for everything from oil to mods to replacement parts. I could write a novel about this car so I will keep it short and sweet. I did MOST of the mainenance on the car myself, but rest assured I was a tech with Beaverton Honda Yamaha. When I didnt do the work it was dont by Clark's.

-The Car has about 250-300 lbs of weight reduction while obtaining a full interiors. So it now weighs about 3200lbs. Parts that contributed to weight reduction are as follows:

-Aftermarket steering wheel w/ no air bag. Airbag still available and functional.
-Supra TT Tan Leather Seats, hundreds of pounds lighters, you sit two or three inches lower(important for big guys like me that need to wear a helmet)
-Rear seat belts removed - available
-CD Changer Removed
-Cruise Control Removed
Thats off the top of my head, many of the other mods also come with a reduction in weight.

- New parts: W58 tranny/clutch, ebrake leather surround, power steering pump, oil change (mobil 1 5w30 every 3,000 for life), plugs, wires, VC gasket(painted VC gold while I was in there), pass. side red/clear tail, new leather shift boot and surround, window master switch, battery quick disconnect, floormats(they dont make new ones anymore),trunk struts,rear spindle, rear rotor, OEM trunk carpet, and more I am forgetting of course.

-JIC FLTA-2 Coilovers

-Full Energy Suspension Bushing Kit

-C's Short Shifter

-20% Tint

-95up LS400 4 pot Big Brakes ( same used in older TRD big brake calipers)

-BFI Intake - Partially Taken apart, makes way more power than aftermarket units.

-Carbon A-pillar covers

-Daizen Poly Sway Bar Bushing Kit F&R

-2.5" Catback Exhaust with Top Speed Muffler, piping pretty much straight from cat to rear of car.

-Supra TT Sway Bars (not currently installed, removed to buy something adjustable)

-Supra TT Wheels in Bronze. 17x8 17x9.5 235F 265R Falken FK452

-Daizen Steering Rack Bushings

-Slightly modded MKIV.com alignment specs

-Red/Clear 95-96 Taillights

-Completely shaved emblems(had to fill 13 holes)

-JDM Soarer Side Markers

-JDM Soarer Rear Window Shade

-McCullochs 6000K HID Kit - One ballast is broken - comes with extra set of
bulbs however

-PIAA ION Crystal Driving Light Bulbs

-Supra TT Spare ( stock doesnt clear big brakes and is full sized, TT spare is a 35lb reduction.

-Dodge Viper Red Paint(3 years old)

-92-94 SC400 Front Lip

-Greddy Shift ****

-Carbon Fiber Hood

-Pretty sure there are still Porterfield R4S brake pads under there.

There are other mods I am surely missing which I will ad as I remember them!

If the car were in absolutely perfect condition today I would be asking $8,000-9,000 min for the car. But there are some problems with the car that should be brought to light.

About 3 years ago on my way to work I was t-boned on the pass. side and then spun and hit another car with the other rear quarter then spun and hit a curb. After this incident I had both rear quarters cut out and replaced, the pass door was replaced, the trunk was replaced with a unit with a spoiler, and the taillight was replaced and cleared out. The entire rear subframe was pulled and replaced with a new one, and all new control arms. These were all installed using energy suspension poly bushings. The car runs and drives fine and you could never tell it was in that bad of a wreck. I do autox it and do SCCA time trials with it as well. I have pictures of every aspect of the wreck and rebuild, front start to finish. I know that if I am buying a car with a salvage history I wont consider it unless the owner has such documentation.

Unfortunately about 2 months ago I was rear ended at school by some dumb broad in a mazda 3. She was barely moving but cracked my bumper cover and red/clear taillight which will both need to be replaced. Parts are cheap from vendors on CL. While I was on my way home from getting an estimate some OTHER dumb broad backed into the front of my car in a parking lot and took off. Of course she went to a neighborhood with speed bumps and lost me before I could get a plate number! The damage she did messed up the paint on my front bumper, cracked my pass headlight(replaced), bent my hood(replaced with carbon), and dented my fender(replaced which is now blue).

As far as trades the number one bike I want is a Hayabusa! Any other literbikes and some 600s may suffice, but I have been wanting a busa for YEARS. So that's number one on my list! ]I will take a straight trade if I deem fair, or a trade + cash on your part. If I were selling the car I'd ask $6000 for reference. Another posible trade would be for a Datsun 240z/260z/280z, something rebuildable, not really rusty and in all around good shape. I'd prefer cash on top if I went with MOST Z's. Not really interested in other trades but it doesnt hurt to ask! I could really use 1-2,000 on top of your trade unless it was for a really nice bike or a busa which I REALLY want.

This will sound weird but I would much rather sell/trade the car to somebody who lives really far away from me. I don't want to see my old car driving around everyday, I think that might get to me after a while! I go to Bremerton weekly, so I could meet somewhere along the way to do the transaction.
Here are the most recent pics:

s-afcII not included

WRECK/REBUILD

MOST RECENT WRECK

As you can see there are a few pieces that now need painting, the pass. fender, hood(if you want), rear bumper, front bumper, and pass rocker moulding. I own a business that does custom garments, signs, stickers, and banners so I was just going to wrap the whole thing in a very cool white vinyl with a lot of pearl. I would be willing to wrap the car in a color of the buyers choice for the cost of materials plus $500!

If you have any questions or trade offers shoot me a pm! If I can't get close to what I want for the car I am just going to part it out...

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited by CLNSC3; 08-01-10 at 08:09 PM.