Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA FS: 1995 SC300 5sp | DWP | NA-T w/AEM EMS | NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 10:11 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1995 SC300 5sp | DWP | NA-T w/AEM EMS | NorCal

Association says I can't have three cars. Since I do plan to stay here for a while, I have no choice but to obey. Bummer.

I have put many thousands of dollars in parts, and countless hours of labor into this car. I would love nothing more than to hang on to it, but our current parking situation does not allow the extra vehicle, so it has to go. This will make an awesome track/drag car for the right buyer. If daily driving it is your fancy, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the fact that everything on this car is still 100% functional. Yes, that means even the A/C works.

Odometer reading is currently 174,xxx miles, but most of the driveline has been replaced with newer parts. Vehicle currently holds a clean title, but may be salvaged at next registration by insurance company. Full AutoCheck report available upon request.

SMOG certificate is transferable to new owner if sold by February 20th. Registration paid until December.

Please include a contact # in your PM.

I've now dropped the CL price to $6,000 which I feel is a more than fair price considering all the parts and work.
I'd really prefer the new owner get the benefit of the SMOG certificate transfer, so I want the car transferred by February 20th. My last and final offer to you CLers is $5,500

Cheers,
~Alan

The good:
  • 2JZ-GE motor rebuilt with GTE pistons & headgasket to yield 8.5:1 compression, same as the Supra GTE motor
    Added Walbro fuel pump, 525cc injectors, and removed all emissions control systems including EGR and EVAP, as well as charcoal canister
    Added oil catch can. Work completed @ 156k miles
  • BOOSTWerx Turbo kit w/ PT52 - Turbo has less than 50 miles since complete rebuild by manufacturer (have receipts)
    At current setting of 8psi, car makes ~300hp and runs a 1/4 mile in 13.4sec@103mph
    With a boost controller and some re-tuning, it'll easily turn 400+ rwhp
    (BOOSTWerx - http://www.boostwerx.com/turbo_kits.html)
    (Precision Turbo - http://www.precisionturbo.net)
  • RPS 6-puck clutch disk w/ OEM Toyota pressure plate - streetable setup that holds up to the current power level
  • AEM EMS - Standalone ECU is fully tuneable/adjustable through any laptop with serial/USB port
  • Innovate Motorsports LM1 - wideband oxygen sensor wired into AEM EMS. LCD display custom mounted into shifter bezel (see pics)
  • Tein Flex coilovers w/ less than 20k miles on them
  • Torsen LSD carrier from TT Supra swapped into stock pumpkin to retain final drive ratio
  • TT front calipers w/ Hawk HPS pads and OEM TT rotors provide superior stopping power. Less than 5k miles on pads/rotors
  • TT front swaybar with polyurethane bushings
  • TT polished aluminum wheels - 17x8 front and 17x9.5 rear - tires @ 80% front, 30% rear
  • Denso HID ballasts with D2S bulbs light up the road much better than stock
  • Short throw shifter - C's replica with stock shift ****
  • Boost gauge mounted in direct line of sight (see pics)
  • Custom exhaust piping - 3" to dual 2.25" into stock mufflers

The bad:
  • Control arm bushings are shot and need to be replaced on all four corners
  • Belt tensioner makes noise when warmed up - easy fix

The Ugly:
  • Damage to right rear quarter panel and bumper (see pics). Repair estimates vary by shop
  • A few scratches on front right fender and hood

Last edited by SPORTcoupe; 02-11-10 at 11:34 AM. Reason: final price drop
Old 01-19-10, 11:30 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Why will the car be titled salvaged by insurance company when registering it? also are you interested in trades?
Old 01-19-10, 01:28 PM
skitso1080
Pole Position

that is one cool car, wish i could afford it.
Old 01-19-10, 07:14 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
Why will the car be titled salvaged by insurance company when registering it? also are you interested in trades?
Well, to be honest, I don't really know how this works. It was declared a total loss by the insurance company and I had no choice but to take their ****ty settlement, buying back the "salvage" since I knew it had thousands of dollars in parts on it.
As of today, it is a clean title. I have no idea what happens at next registration.

I have not really thought about trades, but I guess I'd consider something worth my while. Do remember though that the main reason I'm getting rid of the car is the parking situation, so another car won't make a very good trade for me.

Cheers,
~Alan
Old 01-22-10, 08:07 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

That's it? Nobody else wants a good deal on a properly turbocharged SC?
Please don't make me throw this on eBay.
Old 01-23-10, 02:19 AM
sir2
Driver School Candidate

where in norcal are you, does a/c and heater work?
Old 01-23-10, 09:54 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I'm in the Bay Area (Belmont to be specific), and yes, both the A/C and heater work perfectly.

Cheers,
~Alan
Old 01-27-10, 02:05 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Free bump...for myself...because I'm awesome, and there's no extra charge for AWESOMENESS!
Old 01-27-10, 05:12 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.......PM'd
Old 01-28-10, 05:39 PM
afgtballa
Rookie

so i dont know how it works but, next time it has to be smogged, will it pass? like passing the visual test too?
Old 01-29-10, 09:09 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by afgtballa
next time it has to be smogged, will it pass?
No, unfortunately California gives no incentive to keep modified cars clean-running by forcing the visual inspection, so all emissions controls have been removed.
If SMOG is your only concern, PM me and we can talk.
Old 01-31-10, 11:03 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Still available. Is my price unreasonable? Why is this car still here?
Old 02-03-10, 09:11 AM
moejz
Pole Position

Yeah this car is definitely done well. I've dealt with Alen before ( bought some wheels of of you for the SUpra and also met a couple of times at the Sac raceway with eric and them.
That is a deal actually. G/L.
Moe
Old 02-03-10, 10:00 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

How many miles did the car have when you added the turbo? and approx. date of adding the turbo?
Old 02-03-10, 02:22 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moejz
Yeah this car is definitely done well. I've dealt with Alen before ( bought some wheels of of you for the SUpra and also met a couple of times at the Sac raceway with eric and them.
That is a deal actually. G/L.
Moe
Thanks for the vouch Moe. Hope those wheels are working out for ya.

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
How many miles did the car have when you added the turbo? and approx. date of adding the turbo?
This car had 137k miles on it when I originally purchased it, and I put the turbo on it a few weeks later (I had another turboed SC300 before this one, and it graciously donated all the parts). This was done in the first months of 2006.
This car was my daily, so by mid-2007 I had put ~20k miles on it and started having some compression issues. I ended up rebuilding the motor with GTE pistons, HG, and larger injectors. I had been planning on swapping in a R154 and pumping up the boost, but then finances became a limiting factor.
Since the motor rebuild, I've put another ~20k miles on the car, and the turbo was starting to show signs of oil seepage (70k+ miles on aftermarket turbo is quite impressive). I sent the turbo to be rebuilt by the manufacturer, and it took over 3 months for them to finally get it right. In the meantime I ended up purchasing a townhome, where this car is now an extra.
So at this point, the car has ~20k miles on a rebuilt engine, and <1k miles on a manufacturer rebuilt turbo.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
~Alan

Quick Reply: CA FS: 1995 SC300 5sp | DWP | NA-T w/AEM EMS | NorCal