Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

MD Twin Turbo GS400

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-09, 08:57 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Twin Turbo GS400

Ok, Im putting my baby up for sale. Im not pressed to sell it, so please dont insult me. The reality is I just dont drive the car as much as I should to enjoy it. I have more than double the asking price in this car. My asking price is what SRT would charge you for the twin turbo motor build alone. The car is a 2000 GS400 Platinum Edition (silver). The car itself has 75k miles on it. The build has 5 or 600 miles on it, fresh motor, fresh tranny, fresh wheel, tires, suspension, etc, etc, etc. I have reciepts for the build as well.

IM out of town this week, so Im putting up a half *** ad. I will update this with current pics and a complete list of the mods on the car. THe list is a long one. The car is at SRT this week getting dyno tuned again just to get it spot on. The last time it dynoed it put down 569 rwhp on pump gas at 18lbs of boost. This is through a TH400 tranny, this tranny is said to have 30% drive train loss on the dyno.

Here is a quick run down, but by no means a complete list
2000 GS 400 Platinum edition (platinum silver)
SRT twin turbo set up
fully built motor....rods, pistons, ported heads, ARP head studs, etc, etc, etc
Haltech E11V2 stand alone ECU
ARP stage 5 TH400 tranny
Gear Vendor over drive unit
Race Logic traction control
Blitz electronics
HRE 543r's 20x9, 20x11 polished inside and out
Apexi coilovers
Vertex full kit
Win Racing rear spoiler
full stereosystem with custom trunk build

There is a ton more thats not listed.......like I said, I will post it up later.

I am selling her for 35k.

I will entertain trades, or partial trades plus cash.

I would also entertain selling the car minus the wheels and or stereo system and take some money off the asking price. You will need wheels to put back on it though. I do not have the stock wheels or system.

Hit me up if you have serious questions.

thanks
Old 09-15-09, 12:50 PM
eptaco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds awesome - GLWS
Old 09-15-09, 01:19 PM
Brennan401
Driver

I hope you are selling it to do another build.....
Old 09-15-09, 01:35 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

It always amazes me why people feel compelled to make negative comments on other peoples threads. Meazy, keep your comments to yourself.

By the way, I sold my Supra for 45k, the guy paid cash. I geuss he has a fat mattress.

There is a reason that I said I would entertain trades plus cash. I am well aware of the financing issues there will be for this amount on a 2000 car.

Lastly, Im not pressed to sell the car. I love the car, it has been a labor of love for me for awhile now. If I sell it I sell it, if I dont I dont. Ive been in this game for a long time, I know the deal.
Old 09-15-09, 01:40 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Brennan, I will always have a build of some sort going on, its in my blood (as much as my wife wishes otherwise). I would like to go to one of a few things, another Supra, Viper, NSX, or maybe a Z06 Vette.

If the Lexus doesnt sell I will probably put the V160 6 speed in it over the winter. I still love this car, and still get that "feeling" everytime I drive it. THe 6 spd would amplify that for sure.
Old 09-15-09, 01:54 PM
meazy
Driver

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
It always amazes me why people feel compelled to make negative comments on other peoples threads. Meazy, keep your comments to yourself.

By the way, I sold my Supra for 45k, the guy paid cash. I geuss he has a fat mattress.

There is a reason that I said I would entertain trades plus cash. I am well aware of the financing issues there will be for this amount on a 2000 car.

Lastly, Im not pressed to sell the car. I love the car, it has been a labor of love for me for awhile now. If I sell it I sell it, if I dont I dont. Ive been in this game for a long time, I know the deal.
Whatever thats supposed mean??? I didnt knock ya v... Sorry you feel that way... I've also been in the game a while... and was merely saying that if someone didnt have the cash or a black card... they aint gettin it... I would tell nice car but then again who knows... You might say im saying something negative...
Old 09-15-09, 02:19 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Awww man, another one of the innovators of the GS goes on the chopping block, especially in the boosted sector. I remember when you were first boosting back in the day. This car is definitely done right. First class all the way. Whoever gets the privilege of owning this masterpiece will be a lucky owner. I just wish it were me, heheh!!! Good luck with the sale TT!!
Old 09-15-09, 02:21 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Alright Meazy, ive had a long day....maybe I read into it wrong. If no harm was meant, its all good!

Back on topic......
Old 09-15-09, 02:25 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Thanks Veritek, I know man, IM one of the few left standing. Trust me, I go back and forth on this. Im still spending money on the car, if that tells you anything about my mind set. Just bought a new boost guage, spending money on dyno time, changing the exhaust a bit. Things I dont need to do, but I cant help it. I always gotta change something. Just last week I was looking into getting a new paint job!

Who knows, next week I may change my mind entirely.....which I have done a few times before.
Old 09-17-09, 05:42 PM
michael996
Driver School Candidate

Are the photos of the car going to be posted or should we give you our email?
Old 09-17-09, 09:34 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

If I only had the money I would be all over this..but a 6spd in there would def. make it a bit more fun
Old 09-17-09, 10:19 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Very nice build & GLWS, I can't begin to imagine how a V160 would feel inside it.
Old 09-18-09, 06:37 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

pics and a more complete list of mods will be posted later today. Ive been traveling this week and havent had much of a chance to get to it. Im back in town this afternoon and will get them up. thanks
Old 09-18-09, 07:21 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

jeff you punk , you make me sick man , make up your mind and keep that pos

I kid i kid

you are so right you are one of the last of the original horseman and have spared no expense here

i will say this much since letting my gs go in 2007 i have not spent one second thinking about here , now its all about the sc and BOOST

glws and this is handsdown one of club lexus finest members and sellers
Old 09-18-09, 07:41 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wow crazy numbers! props to you sir.

Quick Reply: MD Twin Turbo GS400