Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FS: 99 SC400 in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-08, 06:02 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 99 SC400 in Denver

Asking Price: $10,200 OBO
Vehicle History: 106,062 miles (may be slightly higher after mechanical inspections / test drives). Second owner, purchased in 2003. Non-smoker. Garaged. Well maintained, serviced regularly. Clear title, no liens. This car has many upgraded components, see my posts on CL. It has never been raced or otherwise mechanically stressed while I have owned it.
Noteable Features: Almost $10K in after-market upgrades, installed by experienced Lexus / Toyota mechanics, including:
· Dragon Torque Converter (2800 RPM stall speed)
· Torsen limited-slip differential
· Daizen sway bars, front and rear
· Daizen front lower control arm bushings
· Tein CS Coil-over adjustable shocks with EFDC controller
· S&S headers
· Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
· Supra TT front brakes with stainless steel braided lines
NOTE: This car is being sold with its original 16” Lexus wheels and Goodyear Eagle GT+4 225/R55 tires (60% wear). If you meet my asking price, I will throw in upgraded 18” silver Volk SE37 lightweight forged aluminum wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position tires, 245/40 front, 265/35 rear (less than 50% wear).
My goal with all of the upgrades installed on this car has been to retain the original quietness and comfort level, while making it safer and more enjoyable to drive. The car remains quiet and smooth, both at idle and under acceleration. It has been ultra-reliable and a real pleasure to drive.
Vehicle Condition: IThis is a wonderfully drivable car, in good to very good condition, but as with any used vehicle, it does have flaws. Here is the full list of issues I’m aware of:
· Clear coat paint damage on right “c” pillar, rear trunk lid, and driver’s side door (pre-existing damage when I purchased it in 2003).
· Repaired water damage to rear seat due to leaking moonroof gasket (pre-existing damage when I purchased it in 2003). Gasket was replaced and seat leather repaired professionally.
· Minor accident about 10K miles ago. Hit curb in freezing rain going about 10 MPH, broke the front subframe alignment stop on driver’s side. Replaced alloys and realigned, and have experienced no drivability problems or unusual tire wear since.
· Battery is less than 2 years old, but occasionally requires a trickle charge, if not driven every few days.
· Small (3/4”) glass fracture / star on lower part of driver’s side windshield (not in driving line-of-sight). Epoxy-filled 3 years ago, has not enlarged since.
· Scrape mark on front driver’s side bumper and abrasions on clear bra.
· One noticeable ding on right rear quarter panel, one large scratch on rear bumper, other minor dings, paint chips, and scratches.

I am calling attention to the above not because of concerns about the vehicle's condition, but because I want the buyer of this car to be completely satisfied and informed about what they are buying. So please email questions to jimol@msn.com if you want to know anything else about it.
This vehicle is being sold “as-is”, with no warranty, so I encourage the buyer to arrange a professional inspection before pickup. I can also put you in touch with my local mechanic to answer any questions about its condition or past repairs.
Other notes: I'm interested only in selling the vehicle, not in trading or parting out. The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere, so will close this thread if I find a seller outside CL. Email me with questions / requests for additional photos.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-aap1000725.jpg  
Old 12-31-08, 06:44 AM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

bumpin it up
Old 12-31-08, 10:20 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

some pics of the "damage"?
Old 12-31-08, 12:14 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Photo of back seat leather repair

Here's a photo of the repaired back seat leather - you have to look very closely to see anything at all - the repair can be felt (slightly thicker than original area), but barely seen.

Will post additional photos in separate replies.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-small-back-seat-repair.jpg  
Old 12-31-08, 12:16 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Photo of clearcoat damage

Here's a photo of the clearcoat damage on passenger-side C pillar and trunk lid.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-small-clearcoat-damage.jpg  
Old 12-31-08, 12:17 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Photo of windshield star

Here's a photo of the star in the windshield, about 3 years old (epoxied when it occurred).
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-small-windshield-star.jpg  
Old 12-31-08, 12:20 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Photo of front bumper

Here's a photo of the front bumper scrape on driver's side. The small white scrapes are mostly tears in the clear bra.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-small-front-bumper-scrape.jpg  
Old 12-31-08, 01:35 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Photo of rear bumper

Here's a photo of the scratch on the rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-small-rear-bumper-scrape.jpg  
Old 12-31-08, 01:43 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Photo of subframe

Here's a photo of the front subframe damage described in my initial post. The damaged area is indicated by the arrow - a very small piece of the channel that contains the eccentric used to adjust the front end of the lower A arm.

My mechanic told me that the missing chip makes adjustment more difficult, but that he was able to achieve proper alignment without it.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-small-subframe.jpg  
Old 12-31-08, 03:00 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Photo of quarter panel ding and replies to member Qs

Here's a photo of the ding in the right rear quarter panel. I'm sure it can be tapped out easily, just haven't found the time to do so.

Also, answers to a few questions from a CL member:

Do you know if the damaged areas of the clear coat can be buffed out?
I don't believe they can be buffed out, but I'm no paint expert. In any case, they're not really noticeable until you get within 5 feet or so.

Is there any issues with rust on the body from snow?
No rust, bubbled paint, or other indication of rust on the body that I can see - I just did a thorouh look yesterday in anticipation of this question.

Also has it undergone its 90k maintenance (replacing timing belt, water pump, filters, etc.?)
Yes, the 90K maintenance has been done, timing belt included, but don't believe the water pump was replaced.

If so do you have documentation.
Yes.

Also can you send a picture of the ding on the quarter panel.
Will post a photo of the ding in the thread.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-small-quarter-panel-ding.jpg  
Old 01-04-09, 12:42 PM
gsshopper
Driver School Candidate

Default Added: SRT Intake - never used

One more thing I'm throwing in if you meet my asking price - an unused SRT Intake system, see photo.

Note that if you want to use this intake system with the SC, you'll have to modify or fabricate a heat shield that fits the contours of the SC engine bay, because the one included with the kit is for the GS.

Also, I would contact Moe at Swift Racing before soldering the piggyback ECU, to make sure that you have the right instructions for the '99 SC4.

Call or PM me with any questions. Thx
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 SC400 in Denver-p1000773.jpg