Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

Lf-cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 04:25 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
I am still crossing fingers that the production model sits on an extended F-RS /GT86 platform for absolute sublime handling!!
I think spy shots of the undercarriage on 2014 IS test mule confirms its a shorten GS chassis.
Old 09-18-12, 05:44 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a beautiful car. The spindle could be smaller.
Agree, need more HP.
Old 09-21-12, 02:02 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Imagining a Lexus LF-CC Sedan

Photochopper Theophilus Chin has created a sedan from the Lexus LF-CC coupe concept:

While the front and rear are relatively untouched, this rendering demonstrates the flexibility of the LF-CC design — it’s easy to imagine the concept as a coupe or sedan, and that cohesiveness is very appealing.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/
Old 09-25-12, 01:17 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys i need Clarity why is it a good idea for the Next IS to Share the GS platform rather than an Extended GT86/F-RS platfor.Can someone Technical explain the pros and cons on both platform. Thank you!
Old 09-25-12, 12:59 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Guys i need Clarity why is it a good idea for the Next IS to Share the GS platform rather than an Extended GT86/F-RS platfor.Can someone Technical explain the pros and cons on both platform. Thank you!

if ur asking specifically why is it better for the IS to share the chassis w a GS over an 86, its not, but the reason for it is that the cars (IS and GS) are more similar in terms of ride height, comfort, handling and setup so the changes will mininal (and therefore more cost effective) as opposed to lengthing and adoping a chassis (as well as designing and building all new suspension bits) that was designed to be as low to the floor as possible, with more of an emphasis on handling than ride comfort/luxury. Since alot of goodies like rear steer and adaptive damping will prob make it to the IS and those will just carry over from the GS if they share the same chassis.
Also people have cited Toyota engineering vs Subaru engineering but thats a moot point

Thats why the likelyhood of the IS chassis sharing with the GS is greater than sharing that with the FT86.
But if it were to share the chassis w the 86 then u can bet ur ***** the IS will out handle everything in its class, which why alot of us want that to be the case.

so to go back an answer ur questions, its not so much that that its better, but rather that its more a cost effective solution.

Last edited by ndk83; 09-26-12 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-25-12, 08:04 PM
soccertl
Driver School Candidate

This car looks awesome, but I still like the new GS better.
Old 09-26-12, 11:42 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Thanks again NDK83 for that insight well on my side got about 15 mins before the offical unviel at the PARIS Autoshow so will see what LEXUS EU will present to us.
Old 09-27-12, 12:49 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Thanks again NDK83 for that insight well on my side got about 15 mins before the offical unviel at the PARIS Autoshow so will see what LEXUS EU will present to us.
oh man u lucky cow, haha i didnt realise u were gonna check it out
let us know ur thoughts on it when u get a chance
Old 09-27-12, 06:03 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Default Paris This monring

Well my take is that every Angle is perfect my only reservation about it is the Rear.but since its still at concept stage the production IS Coupe should be toned down with more appeal.
Attached Thumbnails Lf-cc-interior.jpg   Lf-cc-rear.jpg   Lf-cc-side.jpg   Lf-cc-unveil.jpg   Lf-cc-front.jpg  

Old 09-27-12, 09:42 AM
cbishop11
Driver School Candidate

Its a really good looking concept. The only thing I'd change is how the front fenders flow over the wheels. But overall its awesome. Lots of euro inferrence that its really fast. All good until you want to pass someone on the highway. Regardless, I would like to see much of the cues go towards a future IS or even a larger GS based coupe.
Old 09-27-12, 02:25 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://youtu.be/orDA5W9DkoM

http://youtu.be/ciCJF4T8Im8
Old 09-27-12, 02:30 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Good Lord this thing is SEXY! Looks like I found my next ride. Thinking about this in Starfire Pearl is making me hard.
Old 09-28-12, 06:38 AM
LexFather

Love it love it!
Old 09-29-12, 07:46 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus Enthusiast Daily

The Lexus LF-CC: Next-Generation IS or GS Coupe?
Lexus LF-CC Live Coverage
Video: Lexus LF-CC Designers Discuss the New Concept
The Lexus LF-CC: Next-Generation IS or GS Coupe?
Posted: 27 Sep 2012 09:20 PM PDT

Ever since the Lexus LF-CC was announced, there’s been confusion about what production model it will eventually transform into — more to the point, is it the next-generation IS or a GS coupe?

The uncertainty started with the original press release, which referred to the concept as a mid-size coupe (GS-size), only to suggest it will also be part of the European D-premium segment (IS-size).

Normally, this mystery could be solved by consulting the vehicle dimensions — today, the first-known specifications of the LF-CC were published on the Lexus Global website:

Most of these numbers match closely with the current-generation IS (the LF-CC is 70mm/2.7″ longer, but has an identical wheelbase), except for one difference — the LF-CC width is exactly the same as the current fourth-generation GS. Still, this discrepancy can be explained — the previous GS & current IS shared the same width, so it makes sense that the new IS would mirror the increase of the new GS.

This comparison-by-number backs up the theory that the LF-CC is a precursor to a next-generation IS coupe — however, during today’s introduction of the concept at the Paris Motor Show, Lexus Europe director Paul Van der Burgh used some curious phrasing:

The design direction inspired by LF-CC will be applied to future Lexus vehicles in the D-premium segment and you won’t have to wait very long before seeing the first production vehicle.

Moreover, we can also confirm that Lexus is developing a rear-wheel-drive mid-size coupe, to be launched in the near future.

In the first part of the quote, Van der Burgh stresses that the LF-CC styling will be applied to a D-premium segment vehicle — obviously the IS — but makes no mention that this vehicle will be offered as a coupe. Following this up, he then says that Lexus is developing a RWD mid-size coupe that will be launched “in the near future”, suggesting that there’s also a GS-sized coupe in the pipeline.

Take these two statements together, and the whole question changes — instead of wondering if the LF-CC is the next-generation IS or a GS coupe, what if it was both at the same time?

Lexus LF-CC Live Coverage
Posted: 27 Sep 2012 12:49 PM PDT

Last edited by noncom23; 09-29-12 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-01-12, 08:19 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

What a great design so far.

Quick Reply: Lf-cc