Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

Lf-c

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 12:35 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lf-c

LF-C: It stands for Luxury Future Coupe. And anyone who's seen it will understand why. This latest concept vehicle represents an entirely new design approach from Lexus. Its body utilizes a combination of rounded corners and carved surfaces to control the balance of light and shadow. The resulting effect is an intriguing contrast of sharp lines and soft edges.

Yes, you could easily say the LF-C is one impressive hardtop coupe -- if that's all it was. But at the touch of a button, you can retract the roof to match your driving mood: "Targa" position, for a little fresh air. Or all the way down, for the classic convertible experience.

Of course, there's more to the LF-C than stunning good looks and a versatile top. A powerful V8 engine delivers robust power to the rear wheels via a six-speed sequential-shift automatic transmission. Fully independent double-wishbone suspension keeps the LF-C agile for tight cornering. And a drive-by-wire steering system helps ensure this sport coupe remains just as responsive as you are.

While a vehicle with this kind of performance is normally limited to two occupants, the LF-C sits on a low-slung chassis that is significantly longer and wider than many sport convertibles. The end result is a vehicle that can easily accommodate four adults, without cramping your passengers. Or your style.

Keep in mind, the LF-C is still only a concept car. And although you may never see this exact vehicle on the road, it's definitely a taste of what's to come. As Denny Clements, Lexus Group Vice President and General Manager, likes to say, "The LF-C is a stunning example of how Lexus will address the future and change it at the same time."

To take an online tour of the LF-C, please visit http://www.lexus.com/pursuit .
Old 07-13-04, 01:03 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I've just read the same in the newest Lexus Magazine. Glad the LF-C is just a concept that won't make it into production - it has some really ugly parts. But it's new convertible hardtop feature will be great for the new IS coupe.
Old 07-13-04, 01:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Lightbulb

Yes, I agree the LF-C is ugly, but if they adapt an SC-style folding hardtop for the IS...I'll vote for that. I'll vote even more for an AWD IS if they ever get around to it.
Old 07-13-04, 04:40 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I beg to differ. After seeing it at the NYC auto show I presonally liked the front and the side view. I really liked the 3 slashes or creases it had going down the side. IT LOOKED MEAN (A Lexus that looks mean should be an oxymoron or whatever you call it, you know what i mean). It was low and wide as hell, and had a attracted a crowd around this car at the show. Demanded your attention. I personally saw some styling cues in this concept car and the new GS430 on display.(Particularly the slashes going down the side.) The only thing that I really hated about the concept was the rear end. I felt that they forgot about it. Its like they made the concept and right before they finished they were like "Hey what about the rear." Lets just slap some metal and red stuff on the back and look like it was ment to be there.
Old 07-13-04, 05:51 PM
LexFather

THe next IS PROMISES to be world-class inside and out. It has NEW competiton in the G35 and TL to beat, as the man still, the incredibly versitile 3 BMW.
Sedan, wagon, and I PREDICT that the hardtop/targa thing WILL make production. It also makes Lexus look good with 2 hardtop verts (like Benz, not sure why the CLK is soft). Imagine a hardtop LEXUS that is bad-*** for under 40k. And V-6 or V-8 choices.

SIgn me up
Old 07-13-04, 05:55 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought the hardtop was kinda cool

with the three settings
Old 07-13-04, 05:58 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

1Sick, I doubt the hardtop convertible version of the new IS , even a V6, can come under $40K. Even a ragtop 350Z roadster is close to $40K MSRP now.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 07-13-04 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by SexySC
1Sick, I doubt the hardtop convertible version of the new IS , even a V6, can come under $40K. Even a ragtop 350Z roadster is close to $40K now.
Hmm that is a good point. I think Lexus can make it happen.

Maybe the base hardtop with cloth and a tape player in that one ugly green color.
Old 07-13-04, 09:29 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahah ya for realz, but that'll be ok, under that price.lol, gtoo funny
Old 07-14-04, 12:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally posted by SexySC
1Sick, I doubt the hardtop convertible version of the new IS , even a V6, can come under $40K. Even a ragtop 350Z roadster is close to $40K MSRP now.
Yeah, I gotta go with SexySC on this one, too. With the quality of materials that Lexus generally uses, I don't see how Lexus can do it under 40K....especially if the 4.3 and AWD are options along with it.
Heck......10-12 years ago, Mitsubishi.....a company noted for cheaper materials than Lexus.....was charging 40K for its AWD 3000 GT VR-4 Twin-turbo folding hardtop....and Dodge for the Stealth version of this.