Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

[CAM] Sticky Dashboard Recall ES 350 2007

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-15, 07:09 AM
Rieteva
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky Dashboard Recall ES 350 2007

When does this recall begin and I can take my car in to replace the dashboard?

Does the new dashboard fit exactly? I ask as an 8 year old car has had the heat buckle lots of parts from their original form factors and to match to the original form factors is probably impossible???

Thanks.
Old 03-31-15, 09:15 AM
LexCareSP
Lexus Customer Service

Hello Rieteva, due to current production capacity, Lexus anticipates that a second owner notification letter notifying owners that repairs are ready to be performed will begin to be sent in May, 2015. We ask that you wait until this second owner notification letter is received before seeking replacement for this cosmetic condition at no cost to you. We cannot speak to fitment as it can vary from vehicle to vehicle. We apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause.
Old 01-14-16, 10:47 AM
nessasays
Driver School Candidate

I am the original owner of 2007 460LS with under 68k miles. To date: received sticky/replace dash & sidepanel campaign letter. On November 4, 2015, I took my Lexus to Westside Lexus (Houston, TX) for an in-house tech inspection (per campaign letter), received greenlight to have full interior replacement (per campaign letter) via Lexus tech and receipt (which I have in hand). On November 4, 2015, I met with Mr. Hernandez of Lexus Service who said that the interior parts would be ordered (his words). Today, January 14, 2016, I was rebuffed by Hernandez when I asked when I could bring my vehicle in for the authorized replacement parts. Hernandez was rude, offputting and made NO attempt to bring a successful conclusion to this matter. Hernandez would not process my requests, was completely evasive, refused to confirm if the replacement interior sections had been ordered. This is NOT Lexus customer service that should rob me of time and return nothing to me but excuses. I don't believe what I am being told by him. Hernandez blames Lexus Japan for the lack of action; but I say it manifests within lack of reporting and ordering from Lexus Westside & Hernandez. My car interior is a mess. My cars are all in garages when not in use. I take very good care of my vehicles. I will not recommend Lexus to anyone ever again.

Last edited by nessasays; 01-14-16 at 10:48 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-14-16, 12:32 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A generalization fallacy based upon a single person to justify why Lexus is bad? Interesting.
Old 01-14-16, 12:46 PM
nessasays
Driver School Candidate

Default For Shortsided NickTee

NickTee:
I have an MBA and project managment licenses. It is my job as a professional and, secondly, as a consumer to point disparagement in consumer relationship experiences; the latter which serves to increase gross revenue or create vapid results. Given the premise that Lexus competes in a worldwide marketplace with equally, if not, now-surpassed maxims in consumer experience, consumer value and ROI for its high tier price point, then it IS, without equivocation, that Lexus DELIVER what it markets: consumer value post-sale. You MEET the consumer IN the marketplace AND after the sale (service) in order preserve and elongate branding.....domestically and worldwide. I suggest you retract this: A generalization fallacy based upon a single person to justify why Lexus is bad? Interesting.
Old 01-14-16, 03:45 PM
nessasays
Driver School Candidate

Default For Nick Tee

Originally Posted by NickTee
A generalization fallacy based upon a single person to justify why Lexus is bad? Interesting.
nessasays NickTee:
I have an MBA and project managment licenses. It is my job as a professional and, secondly, as a consumer to point disparagement in consumer relationship experiences; the latter which serves to increase gross revenue or create vapid results. Given the premise that Lexus competes in a worldwide marketplace with equally, if not, now-surpassed maxims in consumer experience, consumer value and ROI for its high tier price point, then it IS, without equivocation, that Lexus DELIVER what it markets: consumer value post-sale. You MEET the consumer IN the marketplace AND after the sale (service) in order preserve and elongate branding.....domestically and worldwide. I suggest you retract this: A generalization fallacy based upon a single person to justify why Lexus is bad? Interesting.
Old 01-15-16, 02:30 PM
LexCareSC
Lexus Customer Service

Hello Nessasays, We're sorry to hear of your concern and recent experience at Westside Lexus. We will be sure to document your experience at Lexus Headquarters. In regards to the recall, since the announcement of the Customer Support Program, we have been diligently making preparations for the parts replacement phase of this Program. Due to the age, volume, and breadth of the covered vehicles subject to the Program and the size and complexity of dashboard manufacturing, we are launching the part replacement portion of this Program in several phases. Despite our increased production levels of these parts, it is difficult to predict demand and where parts need to be shipped to support the program. Due to these factors the dealership may be having difficulty obtaining the necessary parts and there still may be a period of time customers will need to wait before part replacement can be performed. We apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause.

If you continue to have concerns regarding this subject matter, we would suggest for you to contact our Customer Satisfaction Department at 800-255-3987 so that we may be able to further assist.

Thank you,
LexCareSC
Old 03-04-16, 08:55 PM
malillie
Driver School Candidate

Hi Nessasays, I started with the 93 Sc300, gave it to my son who just sold it last year. Runs and drives as good as ever. Just too low for me to get in. I got Rx330, We were retiring and wanted to pull it behind our RV. Well come to find out you cant tow an all wheel drives. So I sold it and bought my sons little Toyota that he bought brand new and had very little miles on it. After driving Lexus's and with my age I couldn't handle the comfort level of it. I must say Lexus is Superior to all the other cars I have owned. The dealership has been amazing her in OREGON. Although I too am waiting for a dash on my GX470. I have complete faith that they will follow through with their promises. I took it into my Lexus dealer he took pictures got all my info and my vin number. I'm 4th in the lineup. It is frustrating to drive with a cracked dash. But they know its a problem and own up to the defect. These cracks are where the sun doesn't shine. Most often right above the glove box in the shade. If they didn't take pictures and take your vin number I would go back ask for a different service rep. Or just go to the Lexus dealer in the next town. I am curious to know how long the wait will be. It doesn't matter who or where you bought it from. Its a Lexus and they stand behind their cars. (3rd time Lexus owner)
Old 02-02-17, 07:14 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

I have an 04 RX 330 of which I have been waiting for a new dash for over a year. My dealership seems to only get 2-3 week, I am now #364 out of approx. 1300. Does Lexus plan on speeding up production of these replacements? I am waiting to get the dash replaced so we can get another vehicle, but at this rate it seems it will be at least another 2 years for a replacement. The RX has 69k miles and is in excellent shape except for my now 'yellow foam' dash.
Old 02-06-17, 03:16 PM
malillie
Driver School Candidate

Default Sticky dashbord

Originally Posted by jer
I have an 04 RX 330 of which I have been waiting for a new dash for over a year. My dealership seems to only get 2-3 week, I am now #364 out of approx. 1300. Does Lexus plan on speeding up production of these replacements? I am waiting to get the dash replaced so we can get another vehicle, but at this rate it seems it will be at least another 2 years for a replacement. The RX has 69k miles and is in excellent shape except for my now 'yellow foam' dash.

I bought a 04 GX470 with a bad dash on the terms of the dealer non Lexus replacing. They found out under warranty. So I researched it and it was true. Went to my local dealer and got on waiting list in Oregon. I called monthly to check on it. Finally after 6 months they called me. Gave me a brand new Lexus with 6 miles on it to drive for free while work was being done. I think they were hoping I would decide to trade in. Lol. Point is. Its covered to whom ever buys it. Keep it on waiting list.