Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

[OWI] I have quite a few questions about my 2005 rx330.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-15, 04:03 AM
Jayalpert
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have quite a few questions about my 2005 rx330.

First: I have a copy of the recall on the harmonic dampner unfortunately my vehicle does not fall within the specified date range so service manager at lexus of henderson was very rude and unwilling to even entertain my complaint. My vehicle has not had that particuar recall issue addresses even if outside the date range. My harmonic balancer wobbles and i have a constant belt squeak. Is there anything i can do if my car is not within date range.
In addition to that I have a customer i.e. im an ase certified automotive technician. Who has the same year make and model rx as mine however his does fall within the specified date range and his vehicle has not been serviced. Yet when he took it to lexus of las vegas they told him that this recall did not exist.

Second: i have a strange rattling sound that is only audible during acceleration up to approx 2500, and only when my AC is on. Any ideas as to what it could be?
Third: my moonroof is inop. It sits unevenly in the roof and the only motion it will make, albiet with a lot of grinding and clicking noise is that it will tilt up. I do know that this is a problem with many sliding sunroofs not just lexus toyota. My question pertains to the repair. I located a replacement gear for the motor. Is there a way to diagnose what the actual cause is? Regulator, motor, will replacing the gear fix my issue?
Fourth: i know that the OE tire size is 235/55R18. Can you suggest a suitible replacement size that is more common? One that will not throw my speedo off? Or dramatically change ride height?

Fifth: this question is regarding my 2002 SC430. Id like to know if there is a way to disable the tpms protocol. I have a dead battery in one wheel and no one wants to dismount and mount those run flats and that light drives me nuts. I ask because all of thd tpms sensors in my RX are gone and my light only comes on during bulb check with key in accessory position. So that gave me the idea that there must be a method to disable the sc also.
Sixth: i understand that on my particular vehicle there was a very very common problem with the quarter window molding falling off, yet there was never a recall issued. I see a pretty good amount of second gen rx come through my work and i have yet to see one that did not suffer from this manufacturer defect. Is there anyway i can get mine replaced?

Please and thank you for your time i look forward to your replies.
Old 09-24-15, 11:56 AM
LexCareKM
Lexus Customer Service

I apologize for the concerns that you are experiencing with your 2005 RX. If you would like to know if your vehicle is involved in any recalls please contact us at 1-800-255-3987 option #5. We would be happy to further research your concerns.

In addition we are not a technical center, we partner with our dealerships as their personnel are our technical experts. We recommend contacting your local Lexus dealership for maintenance and repair of your vehicle. Contact information for dealerships in your area is available at www.lexus.com/dealers.
Old 09-25-15, 03:11 AM
Jayalpert
Driver School Candidate

I have contacted my local dealership they are extremely unhelpful as evidenced by the afformentioned case where the dealership denied the existance of the recall for a customer whos vehicle clearly falls within the specified date range. I would not be contacting customer service if in fact i had received good customer service from either of my local dealerships.