Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

[WWI] 2015 GS350 Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-15, 02:35 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2015 GS350 Remote Start

There's another feature of the 2015 GS350 on which the Owners Manual appears to be completely silent - built in remote start using the key fob. I know that one can start the car remotely using the Enform app, however, how does one do so using the key fob? How do I know if this feature is available on my vehicle and how do I use it? Is this feature in some way at all tied in to a subscription to Enform?
Old 04-15-15, 01:40 PM
LexCareSP
Lexus Customer Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Nimimi, the remote start from the key fob is an accessory. If the accessory was installed it would be listed on your Monroney Label. We hope this information helps ~Sean P., Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Old 04-15-15, 03:51 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

There is no remote start option or accessory listed on the Lexus web site for a GS350. One of the features on the web site listed as STANDARD on all 350 models is "The SmartAccess* key fob lets you lock and unlock your doors, open the trunk and start the ignition—all without having to take your keys out of your pocket or purse."

So, the question remains: this is not an optional accessory that may be purchased but is a STANDARD feature of the SmartAccess key fob. Since the Owners Manual says absolutely nothing about this feature, how do I start my car using the key fob?

Last edited by Nimimi; 04-15-15 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-17-15, 08:25 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Push and release lock twice, then push and hold lock button until the car starts. Takes about 10 seconds or so.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-15 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Remove rude comment
Old 04-24-15, 05:03 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

So, may I assume that the Lexus Customer Support staff are ignorant of the standard features and how they operate on the 2015 GS350?
Old 05-03-15, 04:06 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nimimi
So, may I assume that the Lexus Customer Support staff are ignorant of the standard features and how they operate on the 2015 GS350?

the 2015 GS comes standard with the ENFORM REMOTE START ..it is on the window sticker

once activated on your iphone or android, a 1 year trial comes with the car....can be used by the phone app OR by pressing and releasing the LOCK button on the key fob 3 times with the 3rd time holding it for 3 seconds till the lights flash, and the car will start!
Old 05-04-15, 10:41 AM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Thanks for the confirmation of what one of the members said. Does that mean that after the one year's free ENFORM subscription ends, the remote start using the key fob will no longer function either?
Old 05-16-15, 02:04 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the confirmation of what one of the members said. Does that mean that after the one year's free ENFORM subscription ends, the remote start using the key fob will no longer function either?
glad to help

correct, unless a subscription is active, the remote start will not work at all
Old 06-20-15, 07:40 AM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Clueless about most things would be correct.

-Mike
Old 06-20-15, 07:42 AM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB

the 2015 GS comes standard with the ENFORM REMOTE START ..it is on the window sticker

once activated on your iphone or android, a 1 year trial comes with the car....can be used by the phone app OR by pressing and releasing the LOCK button on the key fob 3 times with the 3rd time holding it for 3 seconds till the lights flash, and the car will start!
So that explains why the remote start from the keyfob is so slow because it simply uses the data connection via the Enform feature to then communicate back to the vehicle and start it. Kind of dumb but I guess a way for Lexus to ensure you don't get this feature for free after your free trial is up. Thanks Lexus! And lets not even start talking about the dumb feature where the car shuts off once you open the doors or anything for that matter. Would be really nice if they invested some knowledge at coming up with a solution for this even if it required additional hardware to be added to the car.

-Mike
Old 06-28-15, 04:10 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

It would be really great if the lazy Developers at Lexus came out with a solution for the remote start preventing the car from shutting down after any door is open. Basic stuff already possible by all aftermarket remote start systems. If it requires additional hardware added to the vehicle so be it I have no issue with that. Very annoying when you remote start your car then it shuts down as soon as you open a door. Regardless of the idea behind it we should have choice specially when we are paying this kind of money for a vehicle. It's possible, get it done!

-Mike