Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

Enform - Compatible phones

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 05:43 PM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Enform - Compatible phones

I'm in the process of purchasing a 3IS and was curious whether my Android phone was compatible with the Enform system. Here's my exchange with Lexus's "customer support". Their interaction left me a bit cold, especially given that my phone (a new Moto G LTE (1st Gen)) meets all the criteria for support. I think customer support picked the easy answer instead of doing any research.

Your thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------------
Recently you submitted a question to the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
Subject Phone Compatibility

Response Via Email

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service.

We apologize, but if your phone is not listed in http://www.lexus.com/MobileLink/?tab=enform
under Device Manufactuere/Device Model, it is not compatible with your vehicle. We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, or Saturday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Pacific Time.

Sincerely,
[redacted]
Lexus Customer Satisfaction

Customer By Web Form
-------------------------------
I've just ordered a 2015 IS 350 and was browsing your site at http://www.lexus.com/MobileLink/?tab=enform

I do not see my phone model listed. Can you please advise on compatibility with Enform?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-15, 10:09 AM
LexCareSC
Lexus Customer Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compatible Phones

I'm sorry that you felt the response was not appropriate for your question. Perhaps I can explain a little further. We are not able to test every phone with our vehicles because there are so many phones and technology upgrades faster than we do. Therefore, we provide a list of tested phones.

To answer your question about Android. Our vehicle's do work with SOME android phones. For example if there is a windows based phone that uses android it will not be compatible. The easiest way to determine if your phone is compatible with our vehicle is to visit your app market and look for Enform apps. If they are available they should work with the vehicle.

If you encounter problems please contact us by phone so we can address them with you.

^SC
Old 03-12-15, 01:40 PM
SactoJohn
Driver School Candidate

Smile Enform Android Phone Compatibility

Originally Posted by LexCareSC
I'm sorry that you felt the response was not appropriate for your question. Perhaps I can explain a little further. We are not able to test every phone with our vehicles because there are so many phones and technology upgrades faster than we do. Therefore, we provide a list of tested phones.

To answer your question about Android. Our vehicle's do work with SOME android phones. For example if there is a windows based phone that uses android it will not be compatible. The easiest way to determine if your phone is compatible with our vehicle is to visit your app market and look for Enform apps. If they are available they should work with the vehicle.

If you encounter problems please contact us by phone so we can address them with you.

^SC
I have a Sony Experia Tipo Dual unlocked phone that I have connected to T-Mobile. Obviously it was not on the Lexus "compatible" list, and so I could not download the software from the Play Store. But being persistent, I located the Enform APK (Android Application Package) in several locations on the web and downloaded it from:
http://apkdler.com/apk/view/Lexus+En...e.lexus.enform
You can download to your laptop and transfer to your phone, or directly download to your phone. Here are the directions:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-in...f-google-play/

This is also the latest version of the software. Requires Android 4.0 and up. Works great on my phone.
You can also do the same thing for Enform Remote, if your car has the capability.

Perhaps Lexus could make the APK (and updates) availalable for everyone to download and at least try on their phones?
Old 03-14-15, 09:19 AM
Pezlo
Driver

I can tell you I have a 2105 ct200 with nav and the pandora enform app with my LG G3(tmobile stock android OS) is super glitchy, I don't even dare to use it any more.