Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

2015 GS 350 F-Sport - iPod error.

Old 07-17-15, 11:18 PM
mike23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 lexus is250 engine start problem

Kindly assist me with information of what could be wrong with my IS 250, it has engine start problem. When you press the "push start button" the dash is coming, air con is working lights are turning on but still wont start running and no warning symbol is showing on the dash board. if you leave it off for an hour or more it will start and you will be able to drive with no difficult but the moment you park and switch the engine off it will not start. i have tried putting a new battery but still its behaving the same. i took it to the mechanical shop to check if the starter is faulty but they found that its ok. PLEASE any1 help me with what i need to have checked. your quick response will be highly appreciated.

regards
Mike
Old 07-30-15, 12:04 PM
deucehugs
Driver School Candidate

Hello mikenj -

I have to say that your string of comments have been most helpful to me. I have a 2014 IS350f and have to say I am more disappointed in the issues with the ML sound system and the whole USB cable deal than I have ever been. I have owned 10 Lexus vehicles of every shape and size and am growing more and more frustrated with the inability for either party (Lexus or Apple) to find a solution. My iTunes music played through the bluetooth sounds terrible most often. I do hope some sort of fix comes our way in the near future.
Old 10-14-15, 07:42 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by deucehugs
Hello mikenj -

I have to say that your string of comments have been most helpful to me. I have a 2014 IS350f and have to say I am more disappointed in the issues with the ML sound system and the whole USB cable deal than I have ever been. I have owned 10 Lexus vehicles of every shape and size and am growing more and more frustrated with the inability for either party (Lexus or Apple) to find a solution. My iTunes music played through the bluetooth sounds terrible most often. I do hope some sort of fix comes our way in the near future.
I hear you. I'm so disappointed at how slow Lexus is at doing anything and their lack of offering new technology that everybody else already has and offers for so much less! It's ok to be elegant I like that but please come out of the stone age! Even dirt cheap car brands now offer Apple Carplay, Google car, read your text messages, etc. Anyway I was shocked the other day while driving that I saw a prompt on my screen to download updates unfortunately those updates where just for the built in apps which I don't even use as I find the whole setup/idea old school and terrible. I wish they would leverage the same update capability to provide firmware updates to make enhancements to other areas of the system. Anyway my car is in the shop now lets see if there is any new updates they are going to check as I recently had a weird GPS issue where the navigation system got stuck and would not allow me to select a certain address that is valid even after turning off the ignition and trying again. There could be doing so much more with the technology on this car I don't even know where to start. There is so much work needed on the remote car start app which I use often to mention a few.

I'm so glad I leased this car as soon as the opportunity comes I will get rid of it and then will determine if I stay Lexus or leave to Infinity or someone else that keeps better with the times!

-Mike
Old 10-16-15, 03:07 PM
LexCareKM
Lexus Customer Service

We apologize for the concerns that you are experiencing with your vehicle. We would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Please contact our department at the number listed below. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Lexus Customer Service: 1-800-255-3987 option #5
Old 10-16-15, 03:09 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I experienced the same issue in my RC-F with the same phone. I didn't read through the whole thread so excuse me if this has already been posted.

I was able to fix it.. go into the phone settings on the Navigation unit, and when you get to your phone, there is an icon for phone calls and music (the music looks like a music note).

select the phone and disable the music option.

then your USB connection will work fine.

the issue is the Bluetooth and the USB are fighting for the connection, and it's actually the iPhone that is causing the problem. . you can't have USB and Bluetooth stream audio in iOS simultaneously.

Last edited by mjeds; 10-16-15 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-10-16, 12:34 PM
TurkEclips
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Latest version

Hi - Bought my 2015 IS350 with ML in December. I have had a few issues as well and am curious as to what is the latest Navigation software as well as the Operating System for the infotainment. Mine is V15A8840 and 15.8410. Does Lexus publish this anywhere?
Old 01-11-16, 07:03 AM
LexCareSC
Lexus Customer Service

Hi TukEclips,
We're unable to provide the information requested. If you are having concerns with the Navigation functions, please visit your Lexus service center.

Thank you,
LexCareSC
Old 01-11-16, 07:26 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Try plugging in the USB cable to the phone/music source Prior to starting the car. I used to fire her up
and then set about belting and plugging and cup holdering (sp?) everything. When the car boots up
with the accessory already connected it seems to work better.

BTW I have read on various other forums that the BT actually has very good frequency range and should
transfer very high fidelity to the amps/speakers.
Old 04-02-16, 06:43 PM
JBenedykt
Driver School Candidate

Default Need 2008 Lexus RX 350 stereo wiring diagram

Help please. Somebody knows where can I find a 2008 Lexus RX 350 complete stereo wiring diagram ?
Old 06-22-16, 04:07 PM
TommieBoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem with my 2016 GS350. Select the iPhone and it plays for about 2 minutes, then get error message and music stops. Bluetooth works OK, but music skips sometimes. Sad that a vehicle has the more expensive sound system and you cannot enjoy the music.
Old 06-23-16, 01:23 PM
LexCareKM
Lexus Customer Service

Originally Posted by WolfSnap
Wonder if this would be a lemon law issue? It definitely interferes with the enjoyment and use of the vehicle.....
Please have the vehicle physically inspected by a Lexus dealership. Once the vehicle is inspected we will have a better understand of what the condition is and what we can do to assist. If you still seek assistance after the inspection please contact us here: 1-800-255-3987 option #5.
Old 06-23-16, 04:59 PM
TommieBoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still do not understand why Lexus went with some off the wall info system instead of using CarPlay like most of the other auto manufacturers. They will probably abandon the enform system in a couple of years and leave us with nothing.