Sponsored by:

FAQs on stereo upgrades for Lexus - help needed-DIY included

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 08:37 AM
bguild
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1GS radio wiring diagram

Thanks to Pianoman for this - it was originally posted in the 1GS specific forum. I just wish I knew how to read these diagrams better. If anyone has any guidance, post it up.

Last edited by bguild; 09-17-08 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-17-08, 05:01 PM
bguild
Pole Position

On a 1993 (and probably all the way to 1997) GS300 w/ Pioneer, you attach the ANTENNA lead from the aftermarket deck to the BLACK W/ WHITE STRIPE wire in the Blue OEM 10 pin connector. Antenna goes up with radio, and down when headunit is off or in CD or AUX mode.
Old 10-28-08, 02:11 AM
jif
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bguild
Note the Green and Brown wires. I don't get why it's wired like this, someone please explain it to me. Where are these components crossed over? In the AMP?
somewhere between there and the tweeter there'll be a passive crossover, most probably a single capacitor. IIRC that gives a basic 6 dB/oct slope.

On my LS there was a cap on the main speaker.
Old 11-08-08, 08:55 AM
Digital530
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheMole
Not sure if this has been posted, but here is a Toyota/Lexus amp integration harness which lets you use your factory amps with aftermarket stereo. Theres more description on the link: http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/TO...SS_p_1334.html
Great needed that info thanks a lot
Old 01-28-09, 10:19 AM
Chazzman
Driver School Candidate

Wow -- this thread had a great start until it got way out of hand with uber specifics. Bummer it didn't stay somewhat high level and then break out to other threads for model-specific info.

Still looking for more info on the RX330.
Old 03-19-09, 10:56 AM
TimWilmath
Driver School Candidate

Default ES350 Sound system suggestions?

Hi - I just bought a 2009 ES350. Did not get the NAV/upgraded sound system. Now I'm really disappointed with the sound system it did come with. I'm guessing it's too late to get an upgrade from Lexus. I am not a DIY sound guy, so I am looking for suggestions on the best system/vendor to upgrade to better sound. Any suggestions?

Tim
Old 05-06-09, 04:00 PM
LEX012006
Driver

Default Blown door speaker

fellas my door speaker is starting to crackle when the bass hits. Any suggestions on what I should replace them with? Also any instructions on how to remove the door panels?

Thanks for any help you can give!!!!
Old 06-18-09, 11:58 AM
moblor
Driver School Candidate

Default Removing my Nakamichi system from 1995 ls400

This site does not offer removal instructions for the radio. Is there anyone out there that can direct me to another site that may. Also can you ad a auxiliary plug to the stock system to enable you to plug in a Sirius radio unit directly to the system?
Old 06-18-09, 12:05 PM
moblor
Driver School Candidate

Default Removing my Nakamichi system from 1995 ls400

This site Carstereohelp.com does not offer removal instructions for the radio. Is there anyone out there that can direct me to another site that may. Also can you ad a auxiliary plug to the stock system to enable you to plug in a Sirius radio unit directly to the system?
Old 09-17-09, 09:44 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bguild
This is the finished connector. Yah, if I do this again, I will make the wire lengths equal. Out of sight, out of mind - it won't bother me when it's behind the new aftermarket deck.

___

UPDATE:

Should have kept the common ground, this is not the way to go about this

___
i have the same plug.but im using it on a SC.i dont think it working with my stock amp.i wany to keep my stock amp for my speakers inside the car.
Old 09-28-09, 07:04 PM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

hi. can anyone help about upgrading my Lexus ISx50 sound system? i just want a good brand to replace the stock speakers/woofers. mine's not ML so you can imagine how my 2IS sound system sound like..thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-09, 02:24 AM
djduckii
Pole Position

hey guys, whats the best place to hook up the remote wire to for amp turn on? this is being use for my subs. i have a 2002 gs300 with the ML Nav

couldnt find anything in the search or here. need a 12v not 6v like in other posts.

thanks
Old 01-20-10, 08:41 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

i guess i have a similar question as of ijulmimi

i actually have the ML system in my 06Is350
and i wanted to know... should i replace those also? or can i just add two 10's + amps into the trunk.... also deck wise can i keep my stock navi/ deck? if not what are the options i have?

also watts/ brand.... i was thinking about going with image dynamic subs etc. because i've herd that they are not the loudest but the give a VERY crisped nice sound... any more info on that? or the brand them selves

i want my system to be loud when i need it to(shows etc.) but when using it as a daily driver i just want a nice thump that makes the music i listen to that much better

thanks CL
Old 08-29-10, 06:37 AM
pandaboy50
Driver School Candidate

If you do have ml. I would put a sub. Although ml is trash compared to some better speakers... You do not have many options in terms of deck, you can get a ddin but you're going to be putting it down low by the shift ****.
Old 11-16-10, 12:51 PM
funtimes
Driver School Candidate

Default lexus audio stuff from junkyard for my honda accord

hi, i have collected a fair amount of audio stuff out of various lexus's in junkyards recently in hopes of utilizing it in my honda accord.
i grabbed stuff from ls400's circa 90-98, gs300's circa 1993, and some others. basically i grabbed nakamichi speaker enclosures (the speakers were usually done for) naka amps and some of the same from pioneer. was this stupid or backwards? the naka enclosures are super heavy, much more so than the pioneer. is that good? i also grabbed about 5 or so large looking subwoofers. i think the ls400s and gs300 that have the naka upgrade all come with like 8-12 inch subwoofers. is there some weird ohm thing (i have very little understanding of ohms laws) that will make these subs unusable to me? i have an aftermarket head unit that is like 4x40 or whatever, i figured it would be great for tweeters and then the nake amp or the bmw amp would be good for other speakers. i also got some monrously large and heavy bridged subwoofer amp for $25 at a junkyard....should i not bother trying to use the naka's sub channel. i researched it and it seems like a major headache. i have a 1996 honda accord and it has speakers sizes of 6.5 in the front doors and 6 x9 in the back above the trunk. I don't know if speakers could be placed in the back two doors, i have the sedan or 4 door lx model.
i got some of these naka amps for like $5...i got about 5 of them. i also got some 10 channel or so amps out of 735il bmws from 1990-1992 or so that say blaupunkt or made in france or germany....i was basically trying to get my car a lil luxury sound system at a rock bottom price. did i go about it the wrong way? i very curious. people seem to diss the luxury cars makers premium sound systems....

Quick Reply: FAQs on stereo upgrades for Lexus - help needed-DIY included