Sponsored by:

2008 GS 350 Remote Start Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-17, 07:06 AM
xasx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 GS 350 Remote Start Questions

I got the Viper 4115V1D remote start installed at Best Buy. I have two issues with the system and was wondering if anyone knew if their was a fix for this, the technician there claimed their isn't.

1. The car turns off when the door is opened, I know they do this for security, but I am not worried about theft, I only use the remote start from my house and at work. Any work around for this?

2. If I turn on the remote start and decide I don't want to leave, the car will shut off, but my headlights stay on. I have to go to the car, and manually turn the lights off. I can not just lock the doors to turn them off.
The other issue here is if the car turns on by accident and I do not know about it, it will drain the battery since the headlights auto-off doesn't kick in after the remote start has been triggered.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-17, 11:01 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm going to forward you to the "audio, video, security etc" forums.

GL!
Old 01-22-17, 08:57 PM
Japmand
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xasx
I got the Viper 4115V1D remote start installed at Best Buy. I have two issues with the system and was wondering if anyone knew if their was a fix for this, the technician there claimed their isn't.

1. The car turns off when the door is opened, I know they do this for security, but I am not worried about theft, I only use the remote start from my house and at work. Any work around for this?

2. If I turn on the remote start and decide I don't want to leave, the car will shut off, but my headlights stay on. I have to go to the car, and manually turn the lights off. I can not just lock the doors to turn them off.
The other issue here is if the car turns on by accident and I do not know about it, it will drain the battery since the headlights auto-off doesn't kick in after the remote start has been triggered.

Thanks!
1 - No "secure takeover" function from certain bypass modules (DBALL2 by Directed) on this car, but I found out the (AL-CA by iDatalink) works on 2006-2008 without shutting off the engine. You hit unlock on your aftermarket remote, and then have 45 seconds to enter, hit the brake, and take off.

2 - The installer needs to figure out how to trigger the auto-lights to shut them down. (yes - it IS possible)...

Here are some clues:

iDatalink AL-CA Manual for "takeover". Must run wires into door for unlock from aftermarket alarm/remote start (probably already did).

Last edited by Japmand; 01-29-17 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-29-19, 06:10 PM
Lewdub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xasx

Thanks!
Hi.
The 1st problem you have cannot be fixed because that is a firmware designed by Directed Electronics for Toyota and Lexus
The 2nd issue with battery draining can be and should be fixed by Best Buy. They need to hook the "remote start shut down output" to the drivers door trigger which tells the vehicle you've exited and the lights will cut off. I used to be a Mobile Electronic Tech for over 18 years and I know they don't want to do it because in most cases it involves running a wire into the driver's door.