Sponsored by:

Pioneer Remote Control Wire

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-16, 06:16 AM
GSbearcat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Remote Control Wire

I'm installing a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT into my 99 GS4 with non-nav Nakamichi. The new HU has a blue/white wire with a tag on it SYSTEM REMOTE CONTROL. The instructions say to "Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antennae relay control terminal. I'm a novice but I think I have everything figured out except this one. I'm obviously thinking this has to do with the remote control that came with the new HU. Can I just connect this to the ignition switch/acc wire?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-06-16, 10:41 AM
mjrudick
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

No, do not connect it to the ignition switch. Also, it has nothing to do with the remote control that came with your new head unit, despite the confusing name. The SYSTEM REMOTE CONTROL is a very low amperage OUTPUT that is used to turn on and off accessories associated with your radio, such as an external amplifier or electronic retractable antenna. Without this type of connection, external amplifiers, which require a direct fused connection to the battery, would not have the ability to turn off and would unnecessarily consume battery. It is not required that you connect it to anything, unless you want that something specific to turn on/off with your new Pioneer radio. Hope this helps.
Old 12-12-16, 05:09 PM
GSbearcat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for replying, thought I was getting blanked. I kept searching online and found a very similar answer to yours so I think I'm good at this point. Just need to find time to finish this thing!

Thanks again for the help.