Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Navigation issue DVD map bad ? or unit bad ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-15, 09:17 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Navigation issue DVD map bad ? or unit bad ?

Ok, so I am having issues.
This happened a few times over the past 4 or 5 months like twice but then usually I could shut the car off and turn it back on, and the problem would go away.

Now that's not working.
What the problem is is that the navigation is not working properly.
I have also attached pictures bellow of what the issue is.

The Unit recognizes that it's a Navigation DVD. And if I already have the address or location I want to go to in my memorized and stores and previous destinations than it will allow me to go to those place and it will find those places.

However, if I have not already inputted an address or location or stores a location in the system then it won't. It doesn't give me any option in regions like the Navigation unit, or the DVD is not showing any regional area options. So when I click on address or POI, there is no data for it to find.

This is I have been the proper DVD because its what I have used for about ten months I think. It's a U39 14.1 version map DVD for my 07 Lexus es350.

Any help, please. Do you think I have a bad DVD? Does it sound like maybe it's not the DVD, and maybe the unit itself is bad?
I have tried ejecting the DVD and reinserting it like a dozen times and it doesn't change anything.
Also, the unit started a few months ago freezing up now and then. But what I mean is I can still use the audio and AC and those features it doesn't' freeze up them. It does freeze out the navigation part at times. As in the kind of like a computer trying to work harder the normal and not being able to keep up with the data it's finding.

thanks.

If you look at the pictures right where it says Select Region. There is a box that is blank it should be right between the select region and the change button. And when I click on change nothing happens. Because from what I remember there should be some picture in there showing the area that are available but the DVD or the navigation unit is not recognizing the regions option.
Attached Thumbnails Navigation issue  DVD map bad ? or unit bad ?-07-navigation-pic-1.jpg   Navigation issue  DVD map bad ? or unit bad ?-07-navigation-pic-2.jpg   Navigation issue  DVD map bad ? or unit bad ?-07-navigation-pic-3.jpg  
Old 11-14-15, 03:41 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Ok, So I had my old disc that was in storage I went and got that one out and put it in the navigation unit. And it's working fine not the same issues as this current one.

so I guess that mean my DVD itself is bad, but there are not major scratches on it or anything.

Last edited by ThumperPup; 11-15-15 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-17-15, 11:37 PM
stones
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad it something easy and not the head unit.
Old 11-19-15, 09:06 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by stones
I purchased one of those DVD repair machines on amazon for like 17 dollars will try that on the Navi dvd and see how it works. if it helps or not.

I am curious on how to clean the dvd drive itself.
Like i know with a CD drive i can put in a CD lens head cleaner and it plays but that won't work in the DVD drive

i was thinking a can of compressed air and just shortly spraying it in their but then i am afraid of maybe causing damage from the pressure.
Old 11-23-15, 04:53 AM
dreamoca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts