Sponsored by:

Power antenna wiring in '93 SC-400

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 06:56 PM
sparkyguy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Power antenna wiring in '93 SC-400

I'm replacing my very dead Nakamichi head unit, trunk-amp and trunk CD-changer with an aftermarket unit and aftermarket sub-woofer amp.. I"ve located a System wiring diagram for the SC400 with the original Nak components and I've rung out most wiring tie-in's (after some digging and head scratching).

However, the original Nakamichi wiring diagram shows 3 wires out of the Nak head unit labeled "Auto Antenna Motor & Relay" (Blu/Wht, Yel/Red, Pnk/Grn). Since I don't have a full wiring diagram for the vehicle, I can't determine what each of these three conductors actually does AT the power antenna. Most aftermarket head units (mine included) have a SINGLE switched power conductor for control of the power antenna. How is this single conductor interconnected to the original power antenna wiring? Alternately, is there a schematic or wiring diagram anywhere showing wiring for the EXISTING power antenna?
Old 04-20-15, 07:21 PM
sparkyguy
Rookie

Not trying to bump my own post, but I subsequently found some older forum threads that explained the factory power antenna apparently needs a switched +12V to rise and it MUST see GND to retract. However, I still can't find information on an explanation (or wiring diagram) to clarify which of the three wires from the OEM head unit does what function. Can someone still clarify that?
Old 04-24-15, 03:12 PM
sparkyguy
Rookie

I found that the blue controller box on my power antenna is defective