Sponsored by:

Sony vs Kenwood

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-14, 09:13 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sony vs Kenwood

Looking at Sony XAV-701HD I feel as though it's a fairly solid product. I've always been a Pioneer guy but my last one I wasn't to impressed with. It was the Av series. Anyway I see a lot if Kenwwod fans here but has anyone had any experience with Sony specifically? Looking to install on my 2009 RX350.
I especially like the mirror link feature as I'll NEVER have to pay for an upgrade *cough* like in my IS350. Also the 3 5v outs git my attention among other specs. Is there something here that's missing from the usual specs of say Kenwood or sigh Pioneer?
Thanks guys.
Old 09-21-14, 03:36 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Kenwood is definitely better than the sony...the newer pioneers are better..but look into the radios w an hdmi (NEX models for pioneer except the 5000) port (as mirror link is SUPER GLITCHY) But u can get a wifi link like allshare hub from Samsung. An stream EVERYTHING to your radio.. its a lot cheaper way to go than getting a radio w wifi built-in
Old 09-21-14, 03:49 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
Kenwood is definitely better than the sony...the newer pioneers are better..but look into the radios w an hdmi (NEX models for pioneer except the 5000) port (as mirror link is SUPER GLITCHY) But u can get a wifi link like allshare hub from Samsung. An stream EVERYTHING to your radio.. its a lot cheaper way to go than getting a radio w wifi built-in
That's a lot to digest ( acronyms) for a guy just getting back into stereo but I'll do my research and go from there. I appreciate the suggestion. Your correct on the Sony being glitchy as I've read that too.
Thanks!
Old 09-22-14, 01:35 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ts-please.html

Well it seems as though the high end models of Kenwood had problems. Still digging to see if any positives come up. I don't mind paying top dollar but it better flow and be good. That's one thing about Enform I do have to give kudos for. Quick start up times for the most part. But as experienced by a few people on various sites having a stereo take 45 sec to boot up is a no go for me.